19장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    After almost half an hour later of collecting my papers and books scattered around the ground in front of the school, I huffed and pulled my backpack on my back, a mess inside. I would organize them after getting to Bo-Yeong. Looking around and making sure that no teacher was around, I headed for the school gate, ready to leave. I quickly walked out, my steps slowing down when I saw Oh Sehun leaning against the fence a few meters away from me. Why was he out? And why was he in front of the school? Deciding that after our fight on the roof and me comforting him, it was awkward enough for me, I pretended I didn’t see him and started walking again. Passing in front of him I couldn’t stop myself from coughing, he was smoking.

“Skipping?” His voice was quiet, but loud enough for me to hear it. Biting my lip, I stopped walking but didn’t turn towards him.

“If I stay I’ll end up in detention and I don’t want that again...not when I know you will be there most likely” I muttered, gripping the straps of my backpack. Sehun hummed, staying silent and since I couldn’t see him, I decided he won’t speak and went to leave.

“You think I always stay for detention?” His voice was amused. I shrugged, not really interested in what he does with his life.

“It just so happened that we had detention at the same time” He spoke again, making my eyebrows furrow.

“Yeah, and you decided laying your hands on me would be okay” I snapped, turning around. Maybe I shouldn’t have, because I saw just how miserable Sehun looked. Shirt still untucked, necktie hanging messily around his neck and the hand that was holding the cigarette, his knuckle was red, it looked like he punched something...I hope it’s not someone.

“I thought you had gotten used to me touching you by now” Sehun shrugged, puffing out the smoke while making small circles that floated in the air before disappearing.

“I will never get used to it, I hate it” I rolled my eyes, eyeing the street to make sure I didn’t miss my bus. Why am I even having a conversation with him when we legit fought a few good minutes ago?

“I know you do” Sehun looked at me, lips forming a lazy smirk.

“Amazing, means you aren’t as dumb as you play off” I shrugged, heaving a sigh.

“Why did you storm out of the classroom that time in detention and who were you speaking to?” Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed as he asked all those questions, cigarette long forgotten between his fingers.

“I don’t see how that’s your concern, Sehun. Just because you bully me doesn’t mean you have the right to know about my personal life” I glared at him, fixing the strap around my shoulders “So just leave me alone”

“You are the one that stopped walking and spoke with me, you could have easily ignored me” Sehun scoffed, dropping his cigarette on the dirty ground “But blame this on me too, of course”

“Excuse me, but whenever I ignore you, you come running after me and tell me my actions are just asking for it...so sorry, for not ignoring you this time” I snapped at him, making Sehun’s eyebrows narrow. Before he could answer, I turned around and walked further down the street, to the station since the bus was approaching and I had to go...besides, I prefer not to have a chit chat with Oh Sehun, it never ends too well.

 

Getting to the hospital, first I dropped by So Young’s pulling on time in order to not make Bo-Yeong worry why I was early again. I hated lying to her and I already did it, I don’t wish to do it again.

“What’s with that mess?” So Young unnie’s eyebrows were furrowed as I gathered my papers and tried to place each back to their place.

“I fell down today and my things flew out, I didn’t have time to put them back” I shrugged, frowning when I couldn’t find my History notebook, I collected everything, didn’t I? And why is it that I can never find my History things? Does History hate me that much?

“Chae-Yeong” So Young rolled her eyes, hands crossed in front of her chest “Do you expect me to buy it?”

“Okay, do you prefer me telling you that my bully took my backpack, raced up to the rooftop and threw the contents of my backpack down?” I glared at So Young, pushing my History book inside my backpack forcefully, finally finding it.

“I guessed already, you didn’t have to tell me” So Young muttered, making me sigh.

“It’s tiring” I muttered, rubbing my forehead “Every single day he does something”

“And every single day you fight back, as long you don’t let him win, you are good” So Young smiled at me, making me nod. Yeah, but until how long can I hold on? He’s not the one suffering, I am. I rose to my feet and left my backpack on the bed, going to Bo-Yeong’s room.

“How was today?” Bo-Yeong asked with a smile, playing with my long hair.

“Like any other day, tiring” I answered with a shrug.

“Can’t you tell me something else too?” Bo-Yeong chuckled, starting to braid my hair “It gets boring”

“I don’t know what to tell you, I guess it was fine...I study and then come here, that’s why I can’t tell you anything else” I shrugged, making sure I didn’t move my head so that Bo-Yeong would braid it prettily.

“Boring, you are so boring” Bo-Ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter