56장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    I didn’t stay for long yesterday after I went to the bathroom. I wanted to leave the Kim family and Sehun alone to celebrate so I excused myself, wished them a nice evening and once again a happy birthday to Sehun. He thanked me, speaking to me for the first time in days, but it was short and quick. While walking home I had time to think and dwell on my miserable self. Am I going down the wrong path? Does Sehun deserve this much attention and worry from me? The answer is no, but something just won’t let me forget about him. Why is he doing this when he so desperately tried being nice and tried getting closer to me? After he told me what happened while he was in Busan, he became distant. Is it because he thinks if we get too close I’ll find out his secrets and make them known to the school? If he thinks that, he’s very wrong because I’m not that kind of person. I’m not like Baekhyun or Sooyoung, I’m not even like him. I try to solve my problems on my own instead of getting my pain out on others, by bullying others. I’m better than that, and I will always be.

 

I pushed open the doors to the coffee shop, entering the cozy place I’m already familiar with. A nice melody was playing in the background and people were busy as they paid no attention to the two people arguing at the counter. A smile spread on my lips as I walked up to it, waiting to see if they’d sense my presence.

“No, I’m not” Seulgi scoffed, as Doyoung rolled his eyes.

“Yes, you are. Whenever Chae-Yeong isn’t here I’m the one taking her tables and you aren’t even capable of making some drinks?”

“Exactly, make your own damn drinks” Seulgi glared at Doyoung “I’m not a maid or cleaning lady here, stop treating me like already!”

“I am the one treating you like that?” Doyoung huffed loudly “You don’t even greet me when you come to work, how do you expect me to be nicer?”

“If you were nicer I would be nicer too”

“Seriously? Are you doing anything for me to be nicer?”

“Why am I supposed to do something when you--”

“You do realize the clients will run away and never come back if you keep bickering like that” I said lightly as I ran my hands on the top of the counter. Seulgi and Doyoung turned around with their eyes wide.

“I thought it was boss” Doyoung said with a long sigh.

“If it were him, you wouldn’t work here from tonight” I shrugged, smiling at Seulgi.

“I don’t even want to know why you were bickering for the nth time...can you make me a kiwi smoothie?”

“Sure” Seulgi smiled tightly, turning around and going to do my drink.

“Doyoung, you are a boy” I started quietly, glancing at Seulgi from time to time “You don’t understand the feelings, we, girls have. Seulgi has been feeling down these days because of her boyfriend, they had quite a few fights. You should try and understand her more...if you’d be nicer, she’d be too”

“I don’t see why I should be nice, she’s never nice to me” Doyoung scoffed, crossing his arms.

“Are you going to be a thick head?” I rolled my eyes “Just try it and see, ”

“Hey” Doyoung glared at me as Seulgi walked over with my smoothie.

“You know the price” She smiled, pushing the glass towards me “What brings you here at this hour?”

“Oh, it’s...complicated” I shrugged, handing them the money and taking a sip of my smoothie.

“Got boy problems again?” Seulgi chuckled when my cheeks turned pink.

“Oh...boy problems?” Doyoung’s ears perked up as he grinned at me.

“Seulgi” I whined, looking away embarrassed.

“I knew it” She chuckled, looking at Doyoung “There’s a guy that’s been ignoring her for days and she’s really bothered by it. She says she doesn’t like him but I think she’s lying to me”

“I am not!” I exclaimed louder embarrassed, a few people glancing our way.

“Well, maybe he needs time to think” Doyoung shrugged.

“For what? I didn’t do anything” I scoffed, leaning my hip against the counter.

“I wasn’t talking about you. Maybe he realized something and he needs time and space to think it through, make sure he is sure about it” Doyoung explained, offering me a kind smile “Boys tend to do that, not every but some do. When I started liking my best friend I started ignoring her in order to make sure that those feelings weren’t real and tried feeding myself with lies but in the end I only ended up hurting myself. He’s doing a mistake if he’s staying away, that only worsens things”

“Really?” I asked mouth agape, thinking. Did Sehun like me? Crazy girl, how could he like you? Maybe Seulgi put something in my drink to make me think that.

“Yeah, it happens. Don’t let him ignore you, that’s the advice I can give you” Doyoung smiled before nodding and excusing himself.

“He’s always nice to you, but I only get glares and nasty words” Seulgi sighed tiredly, massaging her head.

“I’m sure he’ll stop being like that soon”

“I hope so” Seulgi muttered, lips downturned “I need to take some pills for this headache. I’ll see you tomorrow”

“Rest some more, Seulgi” I bowed at her than left, sipping my smoothie on the way home. If I didn’t do anything, than Sehun needs time for himself to think, to make things clear. But what is confusing him so much that he won’t even look my way? Is it that bad? Maybe he realized how bad I am and how much he actually hates me. It’s really sad if it’s that way, I placed my energy into trying to work things out for nothing. But I will take Doyoung’s advice, and will try once and if it won’t work...I will forget about Oh Sehun for forever.

 

I felt fresher in the morning and had a fairly good mood, until I got to school and was met with Oh Sehun, who was still ignoring me. Jongdae however didn’t, he greeted me with a small smile as he waited for Sehun to take his things. I was halfway taking out my books when loud laughter deafened me.

“I will go deaf” A masculine voice groaned.

“What” Wendy giggled, lowering the phone from her ear.

“What are you doing here?” My eyebrows furrowed as I turned towards my friends.

“I’m chatting with Seulgi, one second” Wendy winked as she walked a few steps ahead.

“Seulgi?” I asked confused, looking after her “My co-worker Seulgi?”

“I think yes” Kyungsoo muttered with his eyebrows furrowed “She’s so loud, I swear to god”

“Why is she in school?” I asked while closing my locker.

“Her schedule got changed again” Kyungsoo explained, turning towards Jongdae and Sehun.

“Morning guys” He called with a small wave towards the two boys.

“Morning, Soo” Jongdae called and Sehun nodded. Sehun raised his books to his chest, gripping them as he closed his locker with his back. My eyes went to his left wrist and to my surprise, the bracelet was still there. My eyes shot up at his face and for the first time in days he was looking at me willingly. A little warmness flooded my chest, and a small smile broke on my lips, but Sehun was quick to frown at me and walk away with a confused Jongdae.

“Still ignoring you?” Kyungsoo asked with a chuckle.

“What do you think” I sighed, footsteps behind me.

“I’m back! Let’s go to class!” Wendy grinned as she linked our arms.

“We still have time for that” Kyungsoo shook his head, looking at me “I want to speak with Chae a little bit”

“Oh, do I have to leave then?” Wendy quietly asked.

“Of course not” I smiled at her, nudging her shoulder “You can stay, I trust you enough to tell you”

“Thank you” Wendy pouted, kissing my cheek, surprising me “I know a good place”

“Are we really trusting her?” Kyungsoo m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter