05장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

If there is a thing I regret in my life doing, that is following Oh Sehun to his car and letting me drive to god knows where. I had never been so tense in my whole life, and my heart felt like it would snap any moment. I clung to the seatbelt like my whole life depended on it, which in the exact moment could be very true. Sehun was driving like a madman and the fact that we were sitting in a Porsche Panamera, a sports car, did not help, not even a little bit. The radio was turned up and I guess I should have been surprised when metal music started playing, but my nerves got the best of me. I took deep breaths, trying to calm my heart. He didn’t kill me yet, he won’t do anything bad, right? Of course he didn’t kill me, stupid, if he crashes his car right now we are both going to hell and I don’t intend on seeing him there as well daily.

How I got into his car is not hard to guess. After I left him standing in the dark alleyway as I was washing the dishes I realized the weight of his words. He said he wouldn’t tell anyone about the pictures if I went with him, but if I didn’t...everyone would find out. I hated that he was in a winning situation, but I could do nothing about it but follow him to god knows where. After realizing my mistake of storming away, I quickly told Seulgi I had an emergency and that I had to leave right that moment. I didn’t even have time to take off my lipstick or undo my two pigtails, I just quickly changed back to my school uniform and ran out the coffee shop. I don’t know if the universe decided to be on my side for once or Oh Sehun hesitated but when I ran out, he was just about to get inside his car. As I called out his name, without a word he got inside his car and I got the message that I should follow until I still can.

I wanted so badly to undo the two pigtails I had, but my fingers wouldn’t stop shaking. I was like a scared ragged doll, I didn’t know what to do. It’s true, I confronted Oh Sehun many times, but never did I sit in his car and let him take me to God knows where.

“Your blood circulation will cut off if you keep clutching that so tightly” He spoke over the loud metal music, just making my heartbeat increase, if it was possible. I my lips, releasing a shaky breath as I let go of the seatbelt, placing my hands in my lap. My hair fell forward as I turned my head down a little, but never missing a turn Sehun took. All the way seemed to be carved inside my head like I was a map. I couldn’t help myself, but if I had to escape I had to know the way I came from. After a sharp turn, we were parked in a fancy parking lot. I shut my mouth tightly closed when Sehun turned off the engine, the music stopping, silence enveloping us. I blinked a few times, refusing to look towards Sehun who was watching me.

“Great car, huh?” He chuckled, patting the wheel “Gets you full of adrenaline”

“I don’t like it” I muttered, my voice hoarse from not gulping. Seems like I forgot to do so while I was focused on my thoughts.

“That’s a pity, she’s a doll” Sehun unbuckled his seatbelt. My head snapped in his direction, startling him.

“How funny” I scoffed, my heart refusing to calm down “You treat a car like a person, but a human--me--think is some sort of thing you can play around with?”

“Song Chae-Yeong, don’t do this right now” Sehun’s face hardened, jaw clenching.

“Why? You can always do what you please but I can’t?” I scoffed, unbuckling my seatbelt with shaking fingers.

“Don’t forget your place” His voice was low. My eyes snapped up at his, glaring at him.

“How could I when you keep reminding me of it” I chuckled while rolling my eyes “Why did you bring me here? Where are we even?”

“My apartment” Sehun looked past me, outside the window.

“Your apartment?” My eyes widened, suddenly feeling smaller. I pressed myself into the comfortable seat.

“Yes” Sehun nodded, looking at me “Get out”

My body refused to move as I watched Sehun getting out. I jumped when he slammed the door closed, taking my backpack and clutching it to my chest as I followed out. Once standing on my feet I felt like fainting, all the stress weakening my whole being. I took a deep breath, seeing Sehun stand a few feet in front of me.

“Your parents--”

“I live alone” Sehun scoffed, rolling his eyes as he locked his expensive car.

“Alone--” My breath hitched as a bad thought crossed my mind, no, he didn’t bring me here because...he isn’t that low, right?

“Come” He muttered, turning around and starting to walk.

“No” I shook my head, my grip on my backpack tightening “I’m not--going”

“What did you just say?” Sehun’s eyes narrowed at me as he abruptly turned around.

“I’m not going with you” I stated, voice coming out strong and steady, opposite to how I feel right now.

“The deal was--”

“I’m not that low, Oh Sehun!” I exclaimed, feeling sick to my stomach. Did he think I would do something that low as going with him and doing--things with him?

“What?” He asked, seeing him confused for the first time.

“I am not going with you anywhere” I glared at him, standing up straight “If you thought you could bring me here and--and have your way with me like with--with that girlfriend of yours--I’m not a !”

“Song Chae-Yeong!” Sehun marched up to me, making me flinch when he gripped my shoulders tightly “Did I say something like that?”

“Then why!” I exclaimed, wrestling out of his grip “Then why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter