52장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Staring at myself in the mirror, I sighed noticing the dark bangs underneath my eyes. This is all because Oh Sehun, I couldn’t sleep well all night because guilt has been eating me alive. Was I too harsh to say that I will never forgive and forget what he did to me? I know that’s a lie, because time heals, but maybe he doesn’t know. Sehun already has problems, I saved him with my two hands once, what if everything I keep saying is only building up inside his heart and one day I won’t be there to save him, stop him. My heart suddenly started beating quickly, and I gasped for air. Bo-Yeong, am I turning into someone like Oh Sehun, Park Sooyoung and Byun Baekhyun are? I don’t want to be evil, I don’t want to destroy people, I want to save them not break them more. A knock on my door made me jump, clutching my shirt tightly.

“Dragon, you’ll be late if you don’t leave now for school”

“Okay, I’m coming out” I muttered breathless, quickly taping some concealer underneath my eyes, trying to hide the ugly bags. I pulled my hair in a ponytail and quickly raced downstairs, hitting my toe in the front door. Dad watched me amused as I pulled on my sneakers with a whine, mouth forming a pout.

“Have a nice day” Dad patted my head after he helped the coat on me.

“You too” I kissed his cheek, surprising him as I opened the door and walked out backwards, waving at dad. I waited until he locked the door back, and then allowed myself to crouch down in front of the door, taking deep breaths. My chest feels so heavy, it’s like I can’t breathe anymore. Why am I feeling like this? Sehun told me so many horrible things yet he never showed signs of ever feeling bad? So why am I feeling like this when I didn’t even say anything hurtful? Are there really bad and good people? I didn’t believe it until now, but maybe Sehun is right and there are. I took a deep breath, raising back to my feet. I took a step ahead, but my eyes widened when Sehun was standing at the edge of the porch, watching me with a blank expression. What is he doing here? Is he planning to kidnap me? Kill me? Why is he here? We fought yesterday, I hurt him, so just why is he here? I don’t want to see him or hear him!

“Are you okay?” He asked, voice indiferent.

“Don’t ask if you don’t mean it” I snapped at him, walking down the stairs, staring up at him “What are you doing here?”

“I came to get you” Sehun shrugged, turning around.

“Get me? You live fifteen minutes away from my house by car, why would you want to get me?” I asked confused, staring up at the back of his head.

“Can you stop asking so many questions? It’s very annoying” Sehun snapped at me, yanking me after him.

“Stop being so harsh then, I’m a girl not a boy. You should treat girls tenderly not manhandle them” I muttered, glaring at Sehun’s profile.

“I don’t manhandle girls” Sehun growled, clutching something that made a sound. I looked down at his hand, he is holding a bag of chips.

“You always manhandle me” I muttered with a sigh, looking ahead. It was quiet for a few seconds but then Sehun groaned.

“Because you annoy me so much” He looked at me, but I refused to look at him. It is so warm, I prefer enjoying the sunlight than have to look at his glaring or blank face.

“Just looking at you can get me angry”

“Then stop staring!” I snapped at Sehun, turning to glare at him. An old lady threw us confused glances as she passed by us and probably heard the last few things we said.

“I’m not even staring, I have nothing to stare at” Sehun scoffed, looking ahead as he opened the bag of chips.

“Obviously, because I’m ugly” I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“Want some?” Sehun raised his eyebrows as he held the bag of chips towards me. I eyed it, he is acting like we didn’t just argue seconds ago. I swear to god, he’s bipolar.

“No” I muttered, pushing it softly away. I don’t eat chips since the incident in the hallway, when Sehun and Baekhyun forced me to eat it.

“More for me” Sehun shrugged and I rolled my eyes silently, keeping up with his long strides. Sehun’s munching was the only sound made, everything quiet around us, the occasional car strolling past us. I gripped the straps of my backpack, pursuing my lips as I looked ahead, trying to ignore Sehun. Why is he here? Isn’t he supposed to be angry with me? Hurt? It is true that the only emotion I got from him so far is actually no emotion, maybe because he really is hurt and still angry.

“Why are you here?” I found myself asking, looking up at Sehun’s profile “Why did you come to my house?”

“Do I have to have a reason?” Sehun asked, his lips as he glanced at me.

“Usually there’s a reason behind everything we do” I shrugged, continuing to look at him.

“My car is in a service, there is something wrong with the tires so I can’t drive it today” Sehun explained, stuffing more chips in his mouth “If I go by bus, I can’t eat my chips”

“Is that the real reason?” I raised my eyebrows and Sehun turned his head towards me.

“Should I have other reasons?” Sehun asked monotonously and I sighed.

“Can you please show some emotion, Sehun? If this is your way of trying to make things right, you a lot”

“Who said I want to make things right?” Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed as he abandoned his bag of chips.

“Then why are you constantly after me?” I raised my eyebrows, stopping on the sidewalk.

“I’m not” Sehun denied it quickly but I only glared at him.

“I told you I’m bored, what can’t you understand?”

“The fact that you have so many friends yet you keep bothering me!” I exclaimed, watching as Sehun rolled his eyes.

“Am I really bothering you? Do you hate me that much?” He asked, grip tightening on the bag of chips. I remained quiet, trying to come up with a clever answer that wouldn’t hurt him. Sehun looked up at the sky before turning around and walking away.

“Sehun” I called out, staring after him. He ignored me as he started eating again.

“Sehun!” I started walking after him, glaring at his back. He didn’t react, only walked ahead. The school was in front of us and if I don’t stop him now and apologize I won’t be able to do it inside school. I can’t have people seeing us more together.

“Sehun” I gripped his wrist, making him stop “I’m sorry--for yesterday. Stop being mad at me”

“It’s not that easy” Sehun muttered, crumbling up the empty bag of chips “I’m mad at you all the time”

I scoffed offended but tried keeping my cool, “I’m still sorry”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter