34장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         

 

    I wanted to groan out loud and bang my head against the lockers. Byun Baekhyun was making a show at Oh Sehun’s locker, gripping Jongdae’s waist, who was giggling but still had a disgusted expression, while Jongin and Chanyeol watched, the later laughing loudly. I prayed they wouldn’t see me as I sneaked by, hoping Chanyeol’s body was big enough to cover me as he was standing directly in front of my locker, but Oh Sehun had hawk like eyes. His face was sour and he was already glaring before looking at me. Raising my eyebrows at him, I turned around and quickly threw my backpack inside, but before I could reach for my book, the door was slammed closed.

“What the hell!” I glared at Baekhyun, hands still in the air.

“Oh” Baekhyun chuckled, acting innocent “I swear it was by accident”

“Whatever, get away” I hissed at him, opening my locker only to be closed again. I looked at Baekhyun, eyebrows raised as my heart started to beat faster. What did he want now?

“Song Chae-Yeong” He muttered, suddenly lurching forward, scaring me. He gripped the back of my neck tightly as he pulled me closer to Oh Sehun and their friends, all eyeing me curiously, except Sehun, of course, who was still glaring.

“Get your hands off me” I growled at Baekhyun, twisting my neck to get away from his touch, but he tsked and gripped my waist instead, pulling my back into his chest.

“Baekhyun--” I hissed, uncomfortable, trying to push his hands off me.

“Shut up” Baekhyun hissed, hold tightening as he suddenly smirked at the boys in front of us.

“We know how little Chae-Chae is a fatty” He said with a grin, making me hiss as I gave up trying to pull away. Instead, I stood rigid in his hold, pulling away each time away his lips came too close to my neck.

“But my friends” Baekhyun chuckled, giving a squeeze to my waist “We’ve been lied to, Oh Sehun mislead us”

“What the , Baekhyun?” Sehun rolled his eyes “Are you in your ing around mood, again?”

“When am I not?” Baekhyun snickered, making me shudder when he gave a suggestive squeeze to my waist.

“But Sehun, you are a big fat lier...Chae-Yeong’s body is fire” Baekhyun said in a breathy tone, making me snap my head back and glare at him.

“How would you know?” Chanyeol asked with a smirk, eyes taking me in. I felt so uncomfortable being checked out now by Jongin too, was it necessary?

“We had swimming class--and that swimsuit covered just a few things” Baekhyun chuckled, patting my waist as I had enough and stepped on his foot hard, making him cry out.

“Stop touching me, you pig!” I hissed at him, turning my back towards the other boys “That’s right, keep ogling and bragging to others about my body because that’s all you get. You will never gonna get anything closer and that hurts your ego, doesn’t it? I open books, not my legs, Baekhyun”

“Oh ” Chanyeol sneered from beside me, earning an appreciative chuckle from Jongin. I couldn’t see their reactions but I’m sure they didn’t take it lightly as neither did Baekhyun.

“A body isn’t everything, Chae-Yeong” Baekhyun glared, jaw held tightly closed “Who would want to someone with a face like yours? You are so ugly”

“Apparently you would want to” I snapped back, Chanyeol and Jongin full on laughing now “You did say yesterday I don’t know what’s your type, but many signs are saying you like ugly girls”

“You can someone with your eyes closed, Song Chae-Yeong” Sehun spoke from behind me, amusement in his voice “So you won’t have to see her ugly face”

“Is that what you do with Sooyoung?” I turned towards Sehun this time, seeing how wide Jongdae’s eyes were. What was happening to me? Why was I so carelessly saying things that brought me trouble? Chanyeol’s loud laugh turned into coughs as he tried quieting down, Jongin’s face becoming cold as well.

“Don’t compare her to yourself” Sehun hissed, jaw clenched tightly closed “You are a mistake, a failure...something she clearly isn’t”

I gulped, suddenly feeling tears in my eyes. I was a failure, a mistake? Oh Sehun really always had something up his sleeve, I guess I had nothing to say to that. Jongdae cleared his throat, looking away as the other boys remained silent.

“I guess I did forget your problem is my simple existence...maybe it would be better without me?” Jongdae’s head snapped back at me as Jongin quickly glared at Sehun. Why? Were they bothered by what I said? Sighing, I blinked getting the tears to go away and turned around, Baekhyun glaring at me.

“It definitely would be better for the whole humanity if you disappeared, Song Chae-Yeong...you wouldn’t consume our precious oxygen anymore” Baekhyun smirked, leaning against a locker as I stared at him with a blank face. Did he have to add to it? Why? What wrong did I do to them? Maybe I asked for it, but they are cruel...too cruel. Turning around, I went back to my locker to get my Psychology book, ignoring the murmurs coming from the boys. It’s not like they care about me, they wouldn’t stop me. Leaving with quick steps, a few tears fell as I got to class, lowering my head and wishing I still had my long hair.

 

Lunch approached and I stayed behind in class, resting my head on the table as I drew invisible patterns on it. My mood was totally off after my encounter with the boys in the morning, and I was glad I didn’t share classes with Kyungsoo today, he would ask what happened and I wasn’t feeling like telling him. Baekhyun didn’t show up to two classes so we only had one and I completely ignored him, busying myself with formulas that I couldn’t understand.

It was quiet in the classroom as only a few stayed behind and they were murmuring quietly to each other. The door opened and my eyes shot up, Wendy smiling as she entered.

“Chae” She looked down at me, her smile disappearing “What happened?”

“Oh Sehun and his minions” I muttered, raising my head a little.

“Oh, you can tell me” She gripped my arm, kneeling down.

“Would people actually be happy if I died?” I whispered, looking at her, heart turning heavy. Where are you Bo-Yeong? I would like you to hold my hand and tell me it’s okay, even if it isn’t.

“No, they would be absolutely sad--I would be angry at you” Wendy muttered sternly, small glare directed at me “If that’s something Oh Sehun said, screw him. He’s such a pathetic boy, I bet he has some issues at home--who would love such son like him?”

“Don’t sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter