28장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Waking up the next morning wasn’t easy nor hard. I just felt weird, I felt like something was missing. I wanted to run to Bo-Yeong and spend the whole day with her but because of school I couldn’t. She needed me more than anyone else. Walking to my bathroom, I paused when the screen of my phone lit up, signaling I got a new message. Walking back to my bed, my eyes widened slightly when I saw it was Kyungsoo.

‘Chae-Yeong, good morning. I was thinking we could go to school together, what do you think?’

‘Good morning, I’m not sure...I usually just walk alone…’ I sighed, walking to my bathroom, turning on the water to shower. I was feeling cold and maybe the warm water would warm me.

‘Skip it today, I’ll give you a ride, okay?’

‘You don’t have to’

‘Where do you live?’

‘Do I really have to?’ I rolled my eyes at Kyungsoo’s persistence but it also felt good to know he cared this much about me.

‘Chae-Yeong~If you don’t tell me I’ll find out in other ways!’

‘Fine! Primrose Street, nr.8’

‘See you in half an hour?’

‘Okay’

Sighing, I placed my phone on the sink and went to take a quick warm shower that definitely did warm me. I brushed my hair, letting it fall freely against my back and washed my face with cold water, trying to wake myself up more. Once ready, I dressed in my uniform and went downstairs to find mom already gone. It was early for her to be already gone, maybe she was called in earlier? Glancing at the time I saw that it was time for me to leave the house and wait for Kyungsoo in front of it.

Just as I was locking the front door a very dark blue, Mercedes Maybach pulled up, leaving me gaping a little bit at it. How is it that everyone I’m associated with is coming from a wealthy family and I’m struggling to earn enough money for myself, my parents and Bo-Yeong? Closing my mouth and recovering from my shook, I walked closer to the car and the door at the backseat opened.

“Good morning!” Kyungsoo greeted me with a bright smile. I returned a smaller one, still not feeling too well. I still felt like something was wrong and I just didn’t realize what. Speaking with Bo-Yeong yesterday made me feel at ease but hurt more at the same time.

“Morning” I muttered, sitting inside the car quickly.

“Well, this is my dad” Kyungsoo pointed to the front and my eyes widened when the man turned around with a fatherly smile on his lips.

“Dr. Do?” I asked, my voice too high making me embarrassed.

“Chae-Yeong” Dr. Do chuckled, turning back around and starting the car.

“I didn’t know you were friends with my son” Dr. Do said with a laugh “But I should have guessed when he described that pretty girl from school--”

“Dad!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, face going red, my ears heating up as well.

“And I--well, I didn’t know Kyungsoo was your son” I muttered glancing at Kyungsoo. I should have realized though, they share the same family name and their lips and smiles are the same...plump lips and warm smiles.

“I never told you I had a son, so that’s fine” Dr. Do chuckled, taking a left turn that was the street for our school’s location.

“Thank you for the ride, Dr.” I smiled politely at him, bowing a little before getting out the car.

“My pleasure, Chae-Yeong. Have a good day you two!” Dr. Do called after us as Kyungsoo closed the door. I turned towards him, eyes narrowed a little.

“Did you know all this time?” I muttered quietly, trying to feel hurt by his actions but it seems like I couldn’t find him guilty for it.

“That you know my father?” Kyungsoo chuckled quietly, scratching the back of his neck “Yep”

“Which did you never tell me?” I huffed, now glaring at him as Kyungsoo started walking.

“I didn’t find it essential” He shrugged with a smile on his face as we entered the school gates.

“Does that mean--You know about Bo-Yeong?” I whispered, glancing around.

“Yeah, I do” He muttered with an almost invisible pout. I huffed, pursing my lips. So it wasn’t even necessary for me to tell him, he already knew. And yet he never said anything to anyone...not even Oh Sehun and his minions. I glanced at Kyungsoo biting my lower lip, realizing that I could trust Do Kyungsoo even if he is friends with Oh Sehun and it’s time I stop pushing him away.

“Thank you” I smiled sincerely at him “For everything, really”

“But I didn’t do much” Kyungsoo chuckled embarrassed as we entered the school.

“You did more than you think” I chuckled, shaking my head. I punched his shoulder softly and walked faster to my locker. Who knew Kyungsoo was this good person? Why was he even friends with Oh Sehun then? What made them become friends? What Sehun said that day when he punched Kyungsoo…’If it wasn’t for me you’d be still crying in your room’...something like that, what does that mean? I glanced at Kyungsoo feeling confused…why would an angel be friends with the devil?

 

The day rolled by slowly but uneventfully. Of course, Byun Baekhyun was unavoidable and he made sure to kick my table whenever he had the chance to pass by it. I ignored him like always, because that’s what I’m best at. Kyungsoo found some more courage and actually walked up to my table and spoke to me, surprising half of the class...I think the others knew or just simply didn’t care.

At lunch time Kyungsoo asked me if I wanted to have lunch with him in the canteen and I agreed saying I would go if Wendy can join us as well. Kyungsoo accepted happily and right now we are making our ways to our lockers, Kyungsoo telling a story of how he once broke his tibia when he was ten years old. I chuckled quietly, realizing that Kyungsoo was clumsier than he looked. It was nice having him around me, he was able to take my mind off Bo-Yeong and the heavy feeling that only got worse throughout the day. Oh Sehun was already at his locker, Park Sooyoung’s face off. But this time Chanyeol and Junmyeon were there too, getting surprised when I saw Yugyeom too. I glared at him when he made eye contact with me, he didn’t look very pleased to see me either. I think what I did to him on Saturday scared him off, I really hope it did...I don’t want to deal with a stupid and delusional boy like him. Junmyeon eyed me warily, eyes landing on Sehun who’s hand was deep down Sooyoung’s skirt and I really don’t want to know what it was doing. However, Kyungsoo waved at him and Junmyeon returned a sweet smile, walking our way. It’s not that I don’t like him or anything, he really never harmed me, but he is Kim Junmyeon, president of school and also Oh Sehun’s closest friend...from what I heard.

“Soo, how are you?” He asked with a warm smile, ruffling Kyungsoo’s hair.

“Don’t do that” Kyungsoo groaned, pushing his hand away.

“Okay, okay” Junmyeon chuckled, turning towards me “Hello, Chae-Yeong”

“Hello” I nodded a little, opening my locker to place my things inside.

“Yeong, I’ll be back in a few, I’ll just run to the washroom” Kyungsoo tapped my shoulder and I nodded signaling I heard him.

“I see you are getting closer” Junmyeon muttered, watching me as I searched for a paper I had due today.

“He’s nice” I shrugged, eyebrows furrowing when I couldn’t find it.

“Kyungsoo is a very nice guy, so I hope whatever is going on between you is not faked by you” Junmyeon turned serious. My movements halted and I turned towards him. Did he really see me as that kind of person?

“It’s not faked, I would never” I scoffed, making sure to glare at him “I’m not that kind of person”

“I’m glad to hear that” Junmyeon nodded, stepping closer. I narrowed my eyes at him, not exactly liking the proximity.

“Chae-Yeong, last week--when Sehun disappeared...he was with you, right?” His eyes narrowed dangerously, making mine widen. Act like you know nothing about, Chae-Yeong!

“Oh, he-he disappeared? I didn’t know” I shrugged, failing to look calm.

“I know you know about it, Chae-Yeong” Junmyeon huffed, taking another step “I know he tried killing himself”

“I don’t--you what?” My mouth fell open and I glanced quickly towards Sehun, seeing him playing with Sooyoung’s hair as she was telling him something.

“He told me what he did” Junmyeon sighed, sudden concern flashing on his face “He told me there was someone with him--who saved him, it was you”

“Why do you assume that? Why would I save him, Junmyeon?” I scoffed, glaring at him trying to look offended by such words. But really, it was me.

“Because I know you coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter