15장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    An annoying popping sound wouldn’t stop. I thought I was dreaming, but I realized it was actually real. In my sleepy state I forgot that I was injured and was halfway on my side when the pain coming from my back made me sit up straight. I gasped, closing my eyes when it felt like needles were piercing my muscles. It was unavoidable, I should have taken painkillers before falling asleep. But what time is it even? It’s very dark outside, so I guess it’s either late night or early morning. My eyebrows furrowed when the popping sound continued coming from my laptop. What in the name of God was happening?

Slowly raising from my bed I made my way to my desk, opening my laptop. My eyebrows furrowed when I saw many notifications coming from my Facebook, I don’t even use it anymore so what’s happening? Before opening the app, I checked the time seeing it was almost three in the morning. Sitting down in the chair was a challenge but slowly and painfully I sat down.

Clicking on the app, my eyes widened. The pictures Rose and Roa made of me in the bathroom were posted on my profile, big red words saying, ‘Get an exclusive night right now’. I scoffed realizing all this was Sooyoung’s doing, of course. She wouldn’t stop at a little beating, of course not. I was about to close the device when a new comment popped up.

‘Look at her, so pathetic’ I scoffed. Who was he? Did he even know me to say things like that?

‘Dude, she’s pretty hot, I mean...look at that body’ I huffed, blocking the users. Of course, one is saying I’m pathetic while the other will call me hot? I don’t even look good, I’m fat and ugly, like Oh Sehun said so many times.

‘How can a girl sell her body so shamelessly? Is she that low?’ I glared at the screen, getting ready to reply back when I realized that would be a big mistake. Everyone would try and get in contact with me and that would be horrible.

‘I heard she’s out of business again’ Came a comment, making me furrow my eyebrows. It wasn’t one of the girls nor Sooyoung, so did she know I was beaten up to assume such thing?

‘Well, from ing around so much I wouldn’t be surprised if she carries some disease with her’

‘Do you still want to her, guys?’

‘You might get anemia too’ I slammed my laptop shut, my breathing quicker. How could they say such things without even knowing me properly? And how could they believe such things? Weren’t they even a little bit human? How would they feel if someone did this to them? They would run and complain to someone probably and ask to be helped. But sometimes you have to deal alone with your own problems, because no one will truly help you.

Still feeling tired and forgetting about those painkillers, I went back to bed, carefully climbing in and quickly falling back asleep. I will make good use of my free days and sleep as much I can, I’m in need of it.

 

I woke up to my phone ringing loudly in my quiet room. Sitting up abruptly, instantly hissing at the pain, I reached for my phone.

“Yes?” I groaned, rubbing my eyes as I carefully layed back down.

“Chae-Yeong, did I wake you up?”

“Yes, mom” I muttered, getting comfortable in my warm bed.

“It’s already noon” Mom sighed, she was probably on her lunch break “I made you food, it’s in the fridge”

“Okay” I muttered, popping one eye open. The sun was blazing inside the room, illuminating my usually dark room, I forgot to draw my curtains closed.

“I spoke with the hospital” Mom said quietly “We’ll be able to visit on Monday”

“What? We can’t see Bo-Yeong the whole weekend?” I exclaimed, opening my eyes.

“She needs to recover and the doctor said she’s been sleeping most of the time, she’s fine, you don’t need to worry”

“Yeah, okay” I muttered, rolling my eyes. Not worrying, seriously?

“I have to get back to work, go and eat young lady, I have barely seen you eating anything these days”

“Okay, okay” I sighed, hanging up. She’s barely home so how does she expect to see me eat? Plus, I don’t exactly eat...I don’t have the appetite for it.

Climbing out of bed with loud groans, I made my way downstairs to eat something. I really did feel hungry right now, so eating shouldn’t be a problem. Opening the fridge I was met with some chicken and a tasty looking salad. Taking them out, I made my way to the table, placing the food on it. Hissing because of the pain, I sat down, taking my phone out of the pocket of my sweatpants and opening my social media. The comments on my profile stopped hours ago. While taking bites of my food, I went to the post and deleted it, getting rid of Sooyoung’s fun. I had enough, I blocked her profile together with her friends. Try again later, Park Sooyoung. They had a good laugh last night but it was over, hope they had a good time.

After finishing my lunch I went back to my room and for once studied normally, without having to rush. It felt good being able to do it calmly without having to quickly stuff my head with information.

 

After studying for hours, I found myself at my desk at eight o’clock. I studied for many hours, actually finishing all my assignments for the next two weeks. It was good getting work done, I felt productive. But thanks to sitting so much my whole back was numb and my stomach was aching for not moving around for so long. Slowly raising to my feet I went to my closet, taking out some clothes. I figured we didn’t have painkillers since we weren’t in need of them. Taking on a warm sweater, I took some money from my purse and stuffed it inside the pockets of my sweatpants. Going down the stairs I took my keys, forgetting to take my phone too. I mean, the store is just two blocks down but it’s already dark outside. Mom comes home in two hours...that’s fine, I’m going just to the store. I pulled on my hood after locking the front door and hugged my arms around my chest when the chill of the air got underneath my clothes. It was rather cold, I should have dressed warmer. Going as fast as my bruises allowed me to, I passed an empty playground. Next was a basketball court and my eyes widened when I saw who was playing. None other than Kim Jongin, Kim Jongdae and Kim Junmyeon were passing the ball to each other with loud laughs. Oh Sehun was there too, sitting on the ground drinking something, Kim Minseok by his side. My eyes widened when I saw the light haired boy, Jackson, trying to take the ball from Kim Junmyeon. Was he friends with the boys now? I can’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter