16장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    That happy life I wished to wake up to never came. Sunday rolled by fast with me doing nothing but laying in my bed, eat and take painkillers twice a day after each meal. Mom was worried when she saw me flinching almost every minute when I had to raise my arms a little too high or when I accidentally ran into the chair with my back and cried out loudly, unable to stop it...but mom being mom, she said nothing. She really thinks if she doesn’t ask I will tell her...not like if she asks I’ll tell her, it’s just that I would feel better knowing that she was just a little bit more worried that she lets on.

The pain didn’t go away by Monday morning, of course, and the bruises got darker. My back successfully turned almost a black while my stomach was a light blue and a little bit of purple too. After making sure I had my breakfast at home, I quickly took two pills, knowing I won’t be able to deal with both the guys and my pain in school.

I was walking up the front steps of the school when someone gripped my arm and fell in step with me.

“I was waiting for you, Chae-Yeong” Jackson said, looking at me.

“Were you?” I raised my eyebrows at him, walking through the double doors.

“Chae-Yeong” Jackson pulled me aside softly, looking around before speaking quietly “Your back, how are you?”

“I’m fine, don’t worry” I answered quietly, pulling out of his grip.

“Are you sure?” Jackson pressed, eyebrows furrowed.

“Stop worrying, okay?” I nodded with a small smile at him before taking off. I made it to my locker quickly, pressing my backpack inside, trying to find my Physics book.

“So” The ever so irritating voice of Park Sooyoung hit my ears “You blocked us, huh?”

“Glad to see you’re not that stupid” I glanced at her, pushing a few books around in my locker. Just where is it? I am sure it was in here.

“Did anyone give you permission?” Sooyoung scoffed, annoyed that I was ignoring her.

“I don’t remember needing one” I smirked at her, slamming my locker shut when I found my book “You are violating my rights...I can do whatever I want therefore”

“You ” Sooyoung grabbed the collar of my blazer, slamming me against my locker. I closed my eyes, gulping as a whimper threatened to escape my lips. That hurt, a lot. I thought the painkillers would make me not feel anything, but it seems like this impact did worse than anything else.

“Oh, I forgot” Sooyoung chuckled, but her hand pushed me more into the locker “Don’t try me more, Song Chae-Yeong, I still haven’t shown what I’m fully capable of”

“Oh, right” I scoffed “Because you wouldn’t be here without Oh Sehun. Let’s not forget how everyone treated you a few years ago, Park Sooyoung”

“Like you have a right to say that” Sooyoung glared at me, her grip strong on my collar “I was always someone, let’s just say...my baby helped me become better”

“I’m sure even your baby is starting to regret many things with the way you are” I pushed her hand off me, flipping the hair out of my face “And if you’d excuse me, I have better things to do than stay here and waste my time with you”

“You really didn’t learn to shut up after everything” I was pulled back again by my collar when someone cleared their throat beside us.

“Sooyoung, we’ll be late to class” It was Jongdae, he gripped Sooyoung’s arm pulling her away from me.

“Jongdae” She hissed, glaring at him “Don’t interfere”

“If you want me to keep that thing a secret, you come with me now” Jongdae hissed back, his eyes narrowing dangerously at Sooyoung. I watched them curious, what thing? What should they keep a secret? Sooyoung glared at me before walking away with Jongdae. Not wanting to be late to class again, I quickly walked to class, hissing when a pang came from my back.

 

I cursed the whole universe when we had to head to P.E. Did it really have to be today? Today, when my body was still in big pain. I could ask the nurse for a pass but that would require an explanation to what happened and how I got those bruises, and that would mean trouble, lot’s of trouble. So I had to risk it, I couldn’t do it any other way.

Changing was hard too since I had to make sure the girls didn’t see my bruises, but I managed somehow. I’m good at being sneaky by now. And just like the coach had a deal with Park Sooyoung, he made us run five laps and after that we were forced to play volley.

“Choose your teams, Kyulkyung and Taeyeon, you are the captains” Oh god, this is worse than anything else. I gulped when Kyulkyung’s eyes landed on me, knowing all too well.

“I want Song Chae-Yeong on my team” I saw Wendy glaring her way when I walked over to her side. Amazing, it’s not enough that my back was going numb from running that much, now my abdomen will hurt too.

“Give your everything, Song Chae-Yeong!” Kyulkyung shouted with a big grin. Oh, of course I will give my everything.

 

Barely into the game and the girl behind me ran into me, knocking the whole air out of me. I saw Kyulkyung smiling at her, a thing that proved she asked her to do that. I scoffed, standing back up straight, afraid my back will snap. Wendy was looking at me worried from across the field, something telling me Jackson told her what happened Saturday evening. Getting back into the the game was harder when my stomach suddenly started aching and I couldn’t wait for the class to be over. When the coach blew his flute I couldn’t be happier. Slowly walking over to the bleachers, Wendy caught up with me, running a hand through her long hair.

“How are you?” She asked cheerfully. I glanced at her strangely, did she not know maybe?

“Uhm, fine” I muttered “And you?”

“Really good, want to have lunch together?” She asked smiling as she held open the door to the lockers for me.

“Oh, well--” I huffed, getting the hair out of my eyes “Not today, maybe some ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter