18장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

    I walked inside school, eyes narrowed at everyone that passed by me. They were looking at me weirdly, but I need to find out. Someone followed me yesterday and I’m sure it was from this school, because no one else would do that. Pushing away my thoughts about that person being Sehun, I decided I would try and investigate. Passing down a hallway, I spotted Wendy and quickly run up to her.

“Wendy, I need your help” I gripped her arm, eyes wide as I stared at her.

“What?” Wendy asked surprised, jumping a little.

“Can you help me?” I asked more quiet.

“Uhm, sure” Wendy nodded with a smile, starting to lead us to the hallway where our lockers are.

“So--This might sound a little weird and I’m sorry for dragging you into it--”

“Just tell me how I can help” Wendy cut through my words, looking impatient.

“Someone followed me yesterday” I started, gulping a little. Can I trust Wendy? I think I can, I should just trust her, she said her best friend went through something like this.

“My sister is sick, so after school I go to the hospital and after that I go to work. The pictures Sehun spread with me on that poster were taken one night, I don’t know how he knew I was there, it was Cosplay night and he just--was there. My point is, yesterday someone followed me to the hospital and I don’t know who, he was wearing a face mask and basketball cap”

“Oh, okay…” Wendy seemed lost in thoughts, we arrived to our lockers. Baekhyun was leaning against Sehun’s locker with Jongin, they were whispering about something. I looked back at Wendy, lowering my voice.

“The guy was wearing a leather jacket, and we should look for every boy wearing a leather jacket”

“Will that work? You didn’t see his face” Wendy’s eyebrows furrowed.

“I smelt him, he smelled of cigarette and he was really tall” I told her, opening my locker, Wendy doing the same.

“Why does that sound like Sehun?” Wendy leaned over her locker door, eyebrows raised.

“I know” I sighed, throwing my backpack inside my locker “But it can’t be him, I mean...Why would he follow me?”

“I don’t know, maybe he thought you were going home and wanted to see where you live?” Wendy muttered, taking out her books.

“Why would he do that?” I asked weirded out, looking at Wendy.

“Because he is a and your bully, who knows what he’s planning” Wendy shrugged, closing her locker. I stared at her a second longer, trying to ignore the paranoia creeping inside me.

“That’s not helping, Wendy” I whined, closing my locker after I took out my maths book.

“Sorry, I’m usually not good at things like this” Wendy chuckled, scratching the back of her neck.

“Can we do it next break?” I asked my eyebrows, leaning against my locker.

“Next break? Sure” Wendy nodded, smiling a little at me “I’m glad you are not pushing me away for once”

“We are not friends, it’s just that you are the first girl that acts normal with me in this school” I shrugged, looking at the floor.

“I’m sad and honored at the same time” Wendy said with a little pout.

“Wendy, don’t tell anyone about my sister, please” I whispered, looking up at her.

“Sure” She nodded firmly “Will you take me to her?”

“Maybe” I smiled, bidding goodbye as I quickly walked to class not wanting to get detention again. I’m afraid that something like last time could happen again, I do not wish Oh Sehun to touch me in those ways ever again. What if Wendy was right and that person followed me because he wants to do something bad to me? I shuddered as I entered the classroom, I have to stop thinking like that or I won’t be sleeping tonight. 

 

I was quick on my feet as the bell rang, making me regret it as my back started aching. Ignoring it as best I could, I went to my locker, Wendy arriving a few minutes later.

“So, how are we doing this?” Wendy asked with a grin, eyes wide from excitement. I chuckled at her expression and pulled on her arm.

“If you see any tall boy wearing a leather jacket, stop him” I told her as we stopped in the middle of the buzzing hallway. Wendy nodded, but she frowned turning towards me.

“How tall?” She asked confused.

“Well...around Sehun’s height?”

“Stop right there!” Wendy abruptly turned around, shouting loudly. I flinched when suddenly everyone stared at us.

“What? I wasn’t talking to all of you, you there--” She pointed at a tall, dark haired boy, he was wearing a black leather jacket over his school uniform. He was a senior, in the basketball team, Johnny Seo, foreigner as well.

“You come here!” Wendy demanded, eyes narrowed at Johnny. He looked unsure as he walked closer.

“We don’t have all day” Wendy scoffed, gripping the boy’s hand and pulling him closer. I took a step back as he towered over the both of us.

“I’m sorry, but who are you?” He asked looking uncomfortable as Wendy stared at him up scarily.

“Chae, look” I glanced at Wendy. Chae? I like that.

“Uh, sorry” I muttered at the guy as I leaned closer to him, smelling his clothes. He smelled like honey and was too tall, it wasn’t him. I shook my head looking at Wendy.

“Well, thanks for cooperating, you can go now” Wendy patted the guy’s arm with a big smile.

“Sorry for that, Johnny” I chuckled embarrassed, watching him shake his head.

“That’s some weird , take care Chae-Yeong” He said with a chuckle, walking away. I closed my eyes, feeling embarrassed. He smelled good though.

“Oh, you! Stop!” Wendy shouted again, making me regret asking for her help. Was she about to shout at every boy wearing a leather jacket?

“So, why did you drag me here?” Yuto, a year younger boy, asked monotonously.

“I like your leather jacket--” Wendy shrugged, nudging me forward “Chae”

“Uhm, yeah” I leaned closer, smelling his clothes as well. He smelled like homemade soap, cute.

“What are you doing?” He asked with his deep voice, taking a step back.

“Sorry, Yuto, just go” I bowed a little at him, making him narrow his eyes.

“Well, then...have a good day, sunbae” Yuto shrugged, walking away.

“Sunbae?” Wendy’s eyes widened as she turned towards me “That boy is younger?”

“One year, he studies music” I informed her, her eyes widening more.

“How does he look like that!” She pretty much shouted, making me flinch.

“Wendy, if you’d stop shouting I’d be very--”

“Stop!” Wendy gripped a boy by the sleeve of his jacket, making me want to facepalm. God, please help me through this break.

“What the hell?” The tall boy pulled away a little bit from Wendy.

“Just don’t move” Wendy said creepily, pushing my head towards the boy’s chest.

“What’s wrong with you two?” He asked with a scoff, stepping back.

“Is it him?” Wendy asked, gripping the boy’s sleeve harder.

“No, you can let him go” I sighed, he smelled too sweet. Like bubble gum candy.

“You are cute” He leaned closer to Wendy, making her stare up at him with opened.

“Okay, bye Hyungwon!” I chuckled, pushing him away. We don’t have time for that.

“Who’s he?” Wendy asked, looking after Hyungwon as he winked at her.

“My classmate” I rolled my eyes, running a hand through my hair.

“Can you speak to him?” She asked, eyes widening as she tried convincing me.

“No, I don’t speak to my classmates” I said with a hard voice, glaring at Wendy.

“Please, I helped you--he was really good looking!” Wendy whined, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

“Are you perhaps five?” I scoffed, staring at her “You can talk to him yourself”

“Right! I’ll do that” Wendy nodded with a little grin.

“I say we stop here, let’s go back to class” I sighed “Break is almost over”

“But we didn’t find him” Wendy muttered, scratching her head.

“Obviously” I rolled my eyes, turning around “There are too many boys wearing leather--” I huffed as my body collided with another.

“Sor--” I looked up, the words dying out. Oh Sehun was looking down at me with a small glare.

“Move away, stupid. I’m already late, can’t be more late because of you” He pushed me away, rushing down the hallway. I scoffed, staring at his back. .

“Well?” Wendy jumped beside me.

“What?” I asked looking at her.

“How did he smell?” Wendy muttered like it was so obvious.

“Like Sehun” I shrugged, starting to walk to our lockers “And he’s wearing a coat, not a leather jacket”

“Yeah, but still--you did say your first guess is him” Wendy shrugged, playing with her hair.

“It’s not him” I sighed, glancing at her “I’m not worth of his time, he wouldn’t bother”

“I better hope so” Wendy muttered with a glare directed towards Sehun as we walked past him, heading to out classes. Oh Sehun, for the first time, was late to his first class. I wonder where he was that he’s this late…

 

The long break quickly approached and I headed to my locker to take out my lunch. Since I had one I wasn’t forced to eat in the canteen, planning to go to my usual place, the pool. Closing my locker door, I jumped when Kyungsoo’s head popped up.

“Want to have lunch together?” He asked with a smile “Last time it didn’t go too well” Yeah, because Oh Sehun stuck posters on the wall with me, saying I was a e.

“I’m not eating in the canteen, sorry” I muttered.

“Surprise me, I’ll follow you anywhere” He smiled, taking my hand into his. I looked at him wide eyed, trying to pull my hand free from his.

“Kyungsoo, I--”

“It’s okay” He smiled widely, starting to walk “Can you lead the way?”

“Sure” I muttered, hiding behind my hair. It was embarrassing, plus people were staring. There

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter