13장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    For once in my life, I didn’t want school to end. I didn’t want to go to detention because I had less time to spend with Bo-Yeong like this, but if I skip detention that would be worse. And I don’t think the principal would be happy or my Maths teacher to hear that I skipped detention...and I wouldn’t be either, ‘cause bye bye scholarship.

I went to my locker to get my things before heading for the classroom on the highest floor, however someone calling out my name made me stop.

“Chae-Yeong” Jackson ran up to me, ruffling his light hair “Why are you going up? We finished school”

“You did” I huffed, placing my hands on my waist “But I have to go to detention”

“What? Why?” Jackson asked surprised, his eyebrows raising.

“Because I was late to Maths, so yeah” I sighed, starting to walk up the stairs.

“Okay, then I’ll see you tomorrow” Jackson waved, running off again. I stared after him, shaking my head when he nearly tripped in his own feet. Jackson reminded me of Bo-Yeong, he was super hyper and just brought happiness with him. Bo-Yeong was like that too, and even when she found out she had cancer she stayed the same...she’s still the same.

Stomping up the stairs, because I’m not in the mood to go to detention, I clutched my phone telling Bo-Yeong I would be there later than I expected it. No answer came, but I wasn’t worried since there were times she didn’t answer for a longer time because she was sleeping. She got really tired, real quick these days.

The door was already opened, so I walked inside. No one was in yet, so I took a seat in the middle of the middle row, letting my backpack fall on the floor beside my leg. I rested my head on my arms on the desk, if I wasn’t going to go for a longer time, I might as well do something productive, like relax if not sleep. There was a rukus outside that made me sigh loudly when the voices suddenly entered the room. I tensed when I realized whose those voices were but thought if I pretend I’m sleeping they won’t see me.

“Is that Song Chae-Yeong?” Jongdae whispered, probably nudging Sehun because he grunted.

“Yes, that’s her” Sehun scoffed, a chair screeching on my right side. I tried to look relaxed, pretending I was really asleep when on my left side the chair was occupied too. Oh great, now both Oh Sehun and Kim Jongdae were sitting on my both sides. This is not good.

“What’s she doing here?” Jongdae asked from my right side, making me glad my head was towards his instead of Sehun’s.

“Do I look like I care, Dae?” Sehun sighed, a clicking sound coming from him.

“I mean, this is Song Chae-Yeong after all--” Jongdae was interrupted by the door that was slammed close. I jumped up from my position, giving away myself.

“You weren’t sleeping, were you?” Jongdae whispered as he eyed the Maths teacher, my Maths teacher to be more exact, as he sat down at the front desk.

“Why are you sitting so at the back?” Mr. Yu asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

“This is not at the back” Oh Sehun spoke back, boredom lacing his voice “You should know since you are a Maths teacher”

“Oh Sehun!” Mr. Yu exclaimed, glaring at Sehun. He took a seat, opening a small notebook.

“Song Chae-Yeong?” He asked, looking at me.

“Here” I muttered, raising my hand.

“Oh, glad you didn’t skip this detention--I would have spoken with the principal then, at least he doesn’t know now”

“Still the principal’s I see” Sehun commented, making me glare at him.

“Oh Sehun, shut up if you don’t want to stay here until late night” Mr. Yu threatened, making Sehun snicker.

“I doubt you’d want to stay for that long here with me” Sehun said with a smug shrug.

“Don’t test me” Mr. Yu sounded pissed but he moved on “Kim Jongdae”

“Here, here” Jongdae muttered, his head already resting on the desk.

“At least someone knows how to behave” Mr. Yu said with a glance at Sehun.

“You will be quiet now, no speaking, do something productive like homework or I don’t know” Mr. Yu told us, opening a folder with tests. Sehun chuckled beside me, the clicking sound continuing. He was playing with his lighter, eyes trained on it, boredom written over his face. I sighed, taking out my Literature book and starting to do my homework. I swear I heard Jongdae snoring on my right side, but I’m not sure since Sehun scoffed loudly. Mr. Yu glanced at us with a glare but his turn looked into an appreciative one when he saw that I actually listened to him. It’s not because I wanted to, it’s because later I might not have enough time to study.

“Are you seriously doing your homework?” Sehun whispered, eyes staring at me in a disgusted way. I glared at him, turning back to my notebook, ignoring him.

“Don’t ignore me, Song Chae-Yeong” Sehun hissed, leaning a little closer towards me “You might be safe now but teachers aren’t always around us”

“Do I look like I care?” I hissed, looking back at him “You’ve done enough so I’m not afraid anymore” A big, fat , lie. Me not afraid of Oh Sehun...not even in my dreams.

“Oh, really?” Sehun chuckled, eyes turning into slits as he glared harder “Don’t overdo yourself”

“I am not” I snapped back at him, turning back to my notebook. Sehun snapped his lighter close louder, making Mr. Yu look back at us.

“Leave Song Chae-Yeong alone, Oh Sehun” Mr. Yu said, glaring at him. Sehun shrugged, turning around and looking out the window. Suddenly, Mr. Yu raised to his feet, taking his bag and looked at us.

“I will be back in half an hour, don’t you dare do something crazy--I will know” He eyed dangerously Sehun before his eyes snapped at me. I nodded quickly, looking back down at my work. Mr. Yu excited but there was a sound that made my eyes widen.

“Did he just--lock us inside?” Jongdae spoke up, head still on the desk.

“Yeah” Sehun muttered, voice annoyed “Well, we are alone now, Chae-Yeong”

I gulped, ignoring him and focusing on my homework.

“Who’s going to save your now? Mr. Yu isn’t here” Sehun continued his monologue, making me huff.

“I don’t need anyone saving me, I can protect myself” There was a sudden loud noise, a table being pushed away. The next second I was pulled to my feet, turned around, making me close my eyes as it was too sudden and it made me feel dizzy, and my waist collided with the desk behind me, Sehun’s desk to be more exact.

“If you don’t need saving, save yourself, Song Chae-Yeong” Oh Sehun muttered with an intense look, making my stomach flip over and back to its place. I gulped at the dark look on his face, glancing at Jongdae but he was in the same position,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter