42장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    The whole school was ecstatic the moment I walked inside, each hallway covered in big posters of the mascot of our high school. It seems like this match was really important and because our team won, the high school climbed on the rankings in sports, which was a good thing since it attracts more students. Some girls were staring at Jisung, a freshman, who is also in the football team, and loud squeals left their lips when Jisung winked at them. I scoffed, accidentally getting Jisung’s attention. He looked amused as he walked by me and greeted me quietly, assuring me that my reaction was actually okay. I guess not everyone is very fond of the attention of crazy and squealing girls.

Arriving to my locker, I opened it cautiously since Baekhyun was at his locker as well, a few steps away from me. I threw my backpack inside and was quick to take my books out and close the door back. When I turned around, Baekhyun was looking at me amused as he held the same books as me. We were sharing most classes today and it made me anxious, would he do something really bad today again?

“Well, don’t stare so much” He said with a mocking tone, snapping me out of my thoughts “You could say at least good morning”

“It’s not one when the first person I see in the morning is you” I fired back with a roll of my eyes, making Baekhyun chuckle forcedly amused.

“That mouth of your always gets you in trouble”

“I guess I can’t help it by now” I shrugged, flashing him a sarcastic smile as I passed in front of him.

“Oh, really” Baekhyun muttered before he placed a foot in front of me, sending me flying to the dirty floor. I yelped as my things flew from my hold, left knee colliding hard with the floor. I hissed, feeling tears in my eyes at the pain. Was it that hard for him for once to ignore me? I looked up at Baekhyun with a glare as I blinked away my tears.

“” I muttered up at him, making him laugh loudly.

“What happened, fatty? Prince Charming wasn’t here to catch you this time?” He asked with a laugh as his lips soon formed a scowl.

“What are you talking about?” My eyebrows furrowed as I remained on the floor, waiting for the pain to subside.

“You really are stupid” Baekhyun rolled his eyes in an irritated matter “You think Sehun will save you every single time?”

“Sehun isn’t even here, why are you mentioning him?” I scoffed, pushing off the floor carefully.

“Stupid girl” Baekhyun hissed, pulling harshly on my arm to raise me in a standing position. I hissed at the sudden movement, my knee twinging.

“Sehun likes to ruin my fun, he usually takes away everything that brings me joy...one being you” Baekhyun rolled his eyes as I tried pulling my arm away. I stared at him confused, eyebrows furrowing more.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“Seriously? He was right about you being stupid” Baekhyun scoffed for the nth time, letting go of my arm finally “Basically, I can’t mess with you because he threatened me bad things will happen to me if I do--but he’s not here, right? What he doesn’t know about won’t hurt him, right?”

“You still are an and I don’t care what Sehun tells you or not, but stay away from me!” I glared at him, picking my things up quickly making Baekhyun chuckle.

“You wouldn’t tell him, right?” He smirked, taking a step closer making me step back.

“If it means I get rid of you, I’ll go and search for him right now” I hissed back at Baekhyun, watching as his glare became a killer one.

“You wouldn’t want to do that--besides, we don’t know where Sehun is”

“What do you mean?” I asked quietly, Baekhyun’s face becoming blank.

“You heard me, he isn’t answering his phone and isn’t home either” Baekhyun shrugged, turning around and walking away. He wasn’t home? Sehun, wasn’t home and wasn’t answering his phone either...what happened to him? Where was he and why am I even curious? Why do I feel weird? Am I actually worried? No, that’s impossible, I’m just probably curious like I usually am. But still, did something bad happen to him? He wasn’t dead, right? I saw him on Friday and he looked very healthy and fine to me...and I really need to stop caring, it’s not even my problem. That means I get a little peace now that he’s gone. Plus, Baekhyun must have talked about when he last tripped me in the hallway and Sehun actually caught me, that was weird but I forgot about it by now. And why would Sehun tell Baekhyun to leave me alone when he’s bothering me as well? Everything is making me so confused, why does he have to be so complicated? Sighing, I continued my way down the hallway, going to class like I initially planned to do.

 

Much didn’t happen after that incident in the hallway with Baekhyun, he acted like I was invisible throughout the whole day. The only time when he decided to annoy me was at lunch when I sat at Jackson’s table and he quickly stopped after Jackson threw him a threatening glare. Sehun’s friends looked calm but I didn’t miss the glances Jongdae threw my way, why though, that I don’t know. Heechan was still hating on me and I could feel his glare from the other end of the canten.

 

School ended soon and I had to leave for work which went smoothly as well. Seulgi was friendlier and more teasing than before, no doubt shopping with her leading her to this. She was a pleasant girl to be around, and she was calmer than Wendy which was really a blessing. But I still felt uneasy around her and I’m glad she respect that and never went too far, Seulgi was a nice and considerate girl...maybe one day we could be closer friends, Bo-Yeong would like that a lot.

 

My shift was less packed than usually but I was still happy when it was over and pleasantly surprised when Kyungsoo was outside the backdoor, leaning against the wall.

“Hey” I greeted with a small smile, Kyungsoo jumping.

“Hi there” He breathed out with a small smile as well “You scared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter