20장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               *TW: mentions of suicide*

 

     I walked inside with a small smile, it was hard to hide it from people. I just felt happy, last night was amazing with Kyungsoo. While eating ramen we got to know each other more and I hate to admit it, but I think I trust him more than I should. I didn’t tell him about Bo-Yeong yet, I don’t trust him that far. He is still Oh Sehun’s friend and that means Sehun could threaten him to get information about me and I don’t wish him to know about Bo-Yeong.

I huffed when someone ran into me, hands coming around me and gripping me. I quickly pulled away, realizing it was a boy’s arms around me. When I looked up I wished the ground could swallow me up.

“Song Chae-Yeong” Kim Yugyeom stared down at me. I glared at him, smile long gone and stepping back from him.

“Next time watch where you are going” I muttered, stepping around him.

“Chae-Yeong, you know--” Yugyeom caught me by my elbow “I was serious last time. And that offer is still up--”

The loud slap alerted the students in the hallway. The girls who saw what happened gasped. A hand landed on my shoulder, I looked back to see Wendy, her eyes worried. Yugyeom was glaring at me, his face really ugly now. He wasn’t even that good looking, I can think of someone else who is more handsome.

“Let’s go” Wendy nodded at me and I let her lead the way to our lockers.

“Why did you slap him!” Wendy exclaimed as we got to our lockers, Jongdae turning towards us. He was the only one at the lockers since it was still early.

“Because he insulted me” I said with a scoff, opening my locker “And I don’t accept that”

“Chae-Yeong, that means more trouble. He’s Kim Yugyeom after all and if tries to do something bad--” Wendy glanced at Jongdae before leaning in and whispering “He could team up with Sehun”

“If he does that, I’ll make sure to whip him off the surface of Earth” I snapped, throwing my backpack inside my locker.

“Why are you so loud?” Jackson whined, appearing out of nowhere. Wendy glanced at him, rolling her eyes.

“What’s with you?” I eyed Jackson as he leaned against his locker, eyes closed.

“Ugh, so drunk” Jackson muttered, wincing when a locker was slammed open. Wendy and I glanced behind us to see Sehun standing in front of his locker, speaking with Jongdae quietly.

“He’s hangover” Wendy rolled her eyes again, looking back at Jackson “I told him not to go party last night since today is Friday and we still have school, but like always he didn’t listen”

“I listen, okay?” Jackson whined again, unmoving.

“Are you going to stand there or actually do something?” I raised my eyebrows, closing my locker.

“I’m not sure” Jackson shrugged, making me snicker.

“Why did you come to school?” I walked up to him, tenderly pushing him off his locker door.

“That’s a good question, Chae-Yeong” Jackson chuckled, holding onto my shoulder.

“Are you still drunk?” I narrowed my eyes at him while opening his locker.

“Not sure about that” Jackson shrugged, making me shake my head. I took his backpack and placed it inside his locker.

“What’s your first class?” I asked, raising my eyebrows.

“Geography” Wendy said, walking up to us “Why are you helping him?”

“Because he was worried for me” I whispered, but Jackson heard and opened an eye before giving me a lazy smile. I shook my head, taking his Geography book out.

“Can you get to class?” I asked, closing back his locker.

“If you help me?” Jackson said with a cheeky smile.

“God, stop it” Wendy scrunched her nose, pulling Jackson’s ear. Jackson whined, pushing Wendy’s face away.

“Get the devil away, Chae-Yeong help me!” Jackson pouted, gripping my arm.

“Okay, I’m not sure if you should go to class like this” I said, looking at Wendy who was nodding, eyes narrowed at Jackson.

“I can sleep in class, just get me inside” Jackson shrugged, hugging Wendy. She rolled her eyes again, before patting Jackson’s head softly.

“I’ll take him to class, see you later” Wendy said with a chuckle, pulling a sleepy and drowsy Jackson after her. Hopefully he won’t throw up, that would be really bad. With a sigh, I turned around to get back to my locker only to see Jongdae and Sehun both staring at me. With a gulp, I quickly opened my locker, took my books and hurried away to class. Who knows what the devil is planning?

 

Around lunch time I went back to my locker to get my lunch. Jackson was already there with a boy I didn’t know, at least he looked more alive.

“Chae-Yeong” He exclaimed when he saw me, smiling brightly.

“I see you are better” I chuckled, opening my locker.

“I slept through my first two classes” He chuckled, patting his friends shoulder “This is Im Jaebum, he buys me food!”

“No, I don’t!” Jaebum scoffed, shaking Jackson’s hand off him.

“Hello” I chuckled, bowing a little “I’m--”

“Song Chae-Yeong, I know” Jaebum muttered with his lips pursed. I nodded, looking away from him. I know, everyone knows me in this school.

“Oh, it’s not like that!” Jaebum exclaimed realizing how it sounded like “It’s just that Jackson had told me about you and stuff...that’s how”

“That’s alright” I muttered, bidding farewell as I decided it was time I walked to the pool to have a quiet lunch.

I didn’t even make a few steps when a shoulder pushed into me and sent me almost flying me and my lunch to the floor. I scoffed loudly and glared at Sehun’s back when his head turned back to look at me. I straightened up, glaring harder at him. What was his problem? He smirked before walking away, leaving me glare at his retreating back until I realized I didn’t have all day to have lunch, amazing.

 

School ended, and I thanked God that Sehun and his minions left me alone today, meaning I had a pretty peaceful day and that I could enjoy my weekend again after a long time. My back was feeling better, the bruises were already fading, my stomach almost healed. My back still ache if I did sudden movements or stood too much. But I was surviving, it was nothing. Taking the bus to Bo-Yeong, today I couldn’t stop by So Young since my shift started earlier. I knocked on Bo-Yeong’s door before quietly entering. She was sitting, eating something.

“Hi” I smiled at her, walking up to her bed.

“Hi!” Bo-Yeong waved at me cutely, taking out the chocolate box from underneath her blanket “Take one, it’s so good!”

“I’m not sure I want one now” I shrugged, sitting down in the chair beside the bed.

“Unnie, they aren’t poisoned” Bo-Yeong huffed, dropping the box in her lap.

“But I don’t know who they are from” I shrugged, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“You are annoying” Bo-Yeong muttered, glaring at me.

“I know” I stuck my tongue out at her, making her huff. Eyeing the box of chocolate, I leaned over and took it in my hands. There were two chocolates missing and I looked up at Bo-Yeong.

“You’re not supposed to eat this much”

“Chill, unnie” Bo-Yeong slapped my arm with a roll of her eyes “He took one too, so I only ate one”

“Okay” I muttered, taking one chocolate out and eating it. The taste was really good, no surprise since it was an expensive one. The chocolate after it melted there was a slight mint taste in your mouth. I hummed, closing back the box.

“Good, isn’t it?” Bo-Yeong chuckled, taking it and placing it underneath her pillow. The vase of flower caught my attention on the bedside table.

“What’s with that flower?” I looked back at Bo-Yeong.

“Oh, my friend bought it for me” Bo-Yeong said with a smile, making me sigh. Who was this friend and why was she not telling me anything about hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter