47장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    I’m not sure if he was doing it on purpose or if Sehun really can’t drive normally, but the smirk that decorated his lips after he glanced at my rigid form said otherwise. He really was planning to kill us and all I wanted to do was smack his head but that would have really lead to an accident. I thanked God so many times I can’t even count it when we finally arrived to the hospital and Sehun parked the car, I took a deep breath.

“Alive, aren’t we?” Sehun kept the smirk on his face as I glared at him.

“You should be glad” I scoffed at him, watching as his smirk faltered a little bit.

“I’m not afraid of death, so I really don’t care” Sehun shrugged watching as my eyebrows furrowed.

“Stop saying things so carelessly” I huffed, undoing the seatbelt “You are too young”

“Life isn’t fair, I thought you would know that after everything that has happened to Bo-Yeong” It was like someone stabbed a knife inside my chest, my head wiped towards Sehun.

“Never speak of her, don’t bring her in this” I snapped at him, feeling tears in my eyes that came suddenly. Sehun didn’t say anything as he watched me for a little time before getting out of the car. I huffed, following him out and blinking away the tears.

I lead the way while going to So Young’s room and Sehun buried his face more into my scarf, trying to hide his bruises. We were in a hospital after all. Knocking on So Young’s door, we entered, Sehun staying behind me. So Young was gazing out the window, her beautiful long hair pulled in a ponytail. Suddenly I missed my own long hair, but this short one was reassuring in a way, besides, it will grow back. So Young turned around and a smile spread on her lips.

“Oh, Chae-Yeong, hello” She waved a little bit at me and I smiled back.

“Hi, unnie”

“Wait--why aren’t you in school?” She suddenly became serious as she crossed her arms in front of her, making me chuckle nervously.

“Uhm, well, you know...some complications happened and we need your help” I muttered, rubbing my arm.

“Who’s that boy behind you?” So Young raised her eyebrows, walking closer.

“Oh, he’s--he’s--” I panicked knowing that I told So Young the name on my bully, she would realize. What if she says something?

“Oh Sehun, nice to meet you” I couldn’t even react before Sehun spoke, hand already extended towards So Young. Her eyes narrowed at the tall figure behind me before looking back at me. I flashed her a tiny smile, hoping she would understand that I’m not looking for more trouble right now.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kim So Young” She finally shook Sehun’s hand and beaconed us further inside her room.

“Did you get yourself in trouble, Chae-Yeong?” There was a different message in her question and even her tone was more severe, I’m sure Sehun didn’t understand it, but I did.

“No, don’t worry...can’t say the same about Sehun…” I trailed off, glancing behind me. Sehun’s eyes were wide, a sight I didn’t get to see many times. He looked even nervous, what happened to him?

“Why do you need my help?” So Young’s eyes narrowed and I huffed quietly, not knowing how to formulate it.

“Basically, Sehun needs to stay in your apartment” I quickly blurted out, Sehun actually choking behind me.

“I don’t--I mean--If you--” I turned around stunned, unbelieving that the Oh Sehun was actually stuttering.

“Don’t you have an apartment?” So Young raised her eyebrows, an uncaring aura around her. That was new, So Young was always a warm and nice person.

“I do, it’s just--If I go there my friends will find out and I need a few days to recover” Sehun explained, seemingly going back to his normal self.

“How did you get to Chae-Yeong?” So Young glanced at me, eyes narrowed.

“He--I mean--He knocked on my door?” I wanted to facepalm at my answer, it felt like So Young was going to kill us at the wrong word “I mean, it was late and raining so I let him in”

“And your parents?” So Young raised her eyebrows.

“They were sleeping…”I cleared my throat, hoping she would understand.

“What happened to your face, Oh Sehun?” So Young’s voice was firm as she stared at Sehun with a stern look in her eyes.

“Got into a fight, I was outnumbered” Sehun muttered, averting his gaze. I scoffed quietly, obviously still not believing his fake story.

“That’s unfortunate...So you want to stay in my apartment for how long?”

“Just a few days, maybe until Wednesday?” Sehun shrugged, digging his hands inside his coat.

“Okay” The stern look was gone from So Young’s face as she suddenly smiled “A little life would do good to my apartment. If you are already there, wet the flowers...please”

“Oh, sure” Sehun nodded eagerly and I narrowed my eyes at So Young as she suddenly had a mischievous glint in her eyes.

“I suppose you are friends?” She asked in a light tone, sitting down on her bed.

“Unnie--” I shook my head subtly, not wanting to discuss about this.

“Acquaintances” Sehun muttered and I agreed while nodding my head.

“Interesting” So Young chuckled, opening a drawer.

“I hope you will take care of my Chae-Yeong” So Young smiled at Sehun as she handed me her apartment keys “I don’t wish to see her hurt anymore, she’s been through a lot”

“Of course, ma’am” Sehun bowed and I glanced at him surprised. His words were sweet lies, but I still felt something awaken inside my heart. Was he serious or just bluffing around like usually?

“Thank you, unnie!” I kissed her cheek quickly, walking after Sehun, who was already out the door.

“Call me later” So Young winked at me and suddenly looked like she remembered something “There are some of Jaehyun’s clothes at my apartment, tell Sehun he can wear them if they fit”

“What?” My mouth hang open as Sehun called for me and So Young only chuckled. What was really going on between this Jaehyun and So Young? In a way, I’m glad So Young is happy again, after all the pain she went through, she deserves the little happiness she can get. I waved at her and hurried out, closing the door as Sehun was leaning against the wall.

“Ready?”

“Sure, let’s go” I nodded, walking towards the elevator which was crowded with people waiting for it to arrive. I was looking around nonchalantly when suddenly I was yanked against someone and pushed against a wall.

“Sehun, what are you doing!” I exclaimed, my eyes widening.

“No, shh, keep quiet” He whispered, lowering his head as I tried pulling away.

“What the hell is wrong with you” I whispered, turning my head a little away.

“Kyungsoo’s father is here, he can’t see me” Sehun whispered, his body shielding my body totally from the eyes of others.

“But you didn’t have to do this” I hissed, glaring up at him, a mistake. Sehun’s eyes were right in front of mine, lips barely away from mine. My heart picked up and suddenly I felt afraid he would try doing something bad. I can’t help it, he is Sehun and we’ve been through too much for me to just simply feel relaxed around him. Eyes slightly widening, I gripped the collar of his leather jacket tightly, feeling as my lungs weren’t getting enough oxygen.

“Sehun, please step away” I said quietly, biting my lower lip nervously. It was the second time he did it, his eyes casting towards my lips before quickly going back to my eyes. Uncomfortable, I pushed at his chest creating some space between us, my lungs filling with air.

“I can’t let him see me” He said it like it sounded an excuse, his eyes said otherwise. He glanced away from my face when I nodded and my lip started hurting from the pressure I was squeezing it with my teeth.

“He’s probably gone by now” I reasoned and Sehun hummed before leaning again into me.

“What the hell are you doing?” I almost exclaimed, growing annoyed that he was doing this without my permission.

“Look past my shoulder, you’ll see if he’s gone like that or not” Before I could say no, Sehun’s arms were around my waist as he lightly hugged me, resting his chin on my shoulder so that I could see behind him. The people from the elevator were gone and Dr. Do was nowhere to be seen.

“He’s gone, now stop hugging me” I snapped, taking his hands off. Sehun nodded and turned around like nothing happened, taking long strides towards the elevator. I scoffed as I glared at the back of his head, he could have at least apologize. But Oh Sehun won’t apologize just like that to anyone.

 

Pushing the key into the keyhole and turning the lock, the white door opened smoothly, giving view to a beautiful apartment. So Young unnie’s apartment was in the heart of the city, close to the Gangnam District. The apartment was spacious and beautiful, yet it still couldn’t be compared to Sehun’s. Leaving our jackets and shoes in the hallway, both Sehun and I walked in quietly, eyes analyzing the whole place. The hallway was a long one and if you walked in further inside, you could turn to the left and enter the kitchen or perhaps enter the living room which was on your right. Walking further down, the hallway led to a spacious bedroom, a nice bathroom and a room that looked like So Young’s office, neat and organized just like So Young appeared to be.

“Nice apartment” I whispered to myself, walking back to the kitchen.

“It’s not bad” Sehun hummed behind me, snapping me out of my awe.

“Of course, nothing can be compared to your penthouse” I rolled my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter