45장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    The week flew by quickly and I found myself lying in bed and spending time at home, doing my homework for Monday. Nothing interesting happened on Friday, speaking with Heechan actually was a good idea since his glares stopped and he even sat with us again. Yuta decided to sit at Taeyong’s table but Heechan seemed unbothered by it. Maybe my words did something to him and he realized that he was too much dependent of Yuta. Heechan needed to open his wings, let go of the past and live in the present. I know it’s a hard thing to do, but eventually you are obliged to do it...otherwise you can’t live life to its fullest. I didn’t see Baekhyun very much around on Friday and Sooyoung passed by Sehun’s locker every single break to make sure he really wasn’t in school. Jongdae had ugly bangs underneath his eyes and I heard him whispering something with Junmyeon and it was something about Sehun, that maybe they should call his father and tell him his son went missing. I think they should have done that after the first day of him missing, but it’s not my business and I can’t interfere with them, after all they know better.

 

I was glad when mom called me down for dinner, I didn’t have lunch and I was close to starving. There was a nice smell in the air and I realized we were having spaghetti for dinner. It wasn’t my favorite dish but with the hunger I was feeling, I was glad that I could finally eat something.

“Hurry, hurry...there’s barely something left” My dad muttered with his mouth stuffed.

“What?” I exclaimed, eyeing dad “Did you already eat everything?”

“No, there’s still another bowl full” Mom rolled her eyes, sitting down at the table “We know  your father loves spaghetti”

“Can you blame me?” Dad chuckled as I started eating.

“You can shut your mouth though” Mom muttered, pouring some sauce on her spaghetti.

“It wouldn’t be fun anymore” Dad winked at mom as I rolled my eyes.

“I’m going to Bo-Yeong after dinner” I spoke up, getting the attention of mom and dad.

“It’s late, dragon” Dad said, glancing at the clock on the wall.

“And it’s raining” Mom added, making me sigh.

“I already bought flowers yesterday, I really want to go” I muttered, pushing away my plate.

“I will give you a ride then” Dad nodded, whipping his mouth with a handkerchief.

“I’ll go and change”

“Eat some more and after that”

“I’m not hungry” I smiled at mom a little bit before standing up and running up the stairs to change into some warm clothes. I pulled on my sweatpants and a big hoodie that would cover my head as well. I took the flowers out from the water and went back downstairs, dad pulling on his shoes. I stepped inside my sneakers and took my umbrella before racing to dad’s car.

 

The radio was turned up as dad went down the road, driving carefully since the rain was pouring mercilessly. The cemetery came in view as dad pulled up on the sidewalk and I got out, shielding myself underneath the umbrella from the rain. It was quiet as I walked inside, the tapping of the rain calming against the ground. I crouched down in front of Bo-Yeong’s tomb, pulling the hoodie on. I placed the flowers on the ground and smiled while reading her name.

“Unnie is here, Bo-Yeong. I know I should come more often but I’m really busy even now . You probably think I had time going to the hospital but can’t come here daily, I hope you can forgive me” I smiled a little, getting sad that I couldn’t have a normal conversation with my sister where she actually answers back “Bo-Yeong...why did you never tell me it was Sehun who visited you? That Sehun, he’s--but I guess you already know since you probably make sure I’m okay all the time from up there. I’m curious if you knew it was him who bullied me from the start and kept quiet but I can’t find that out anytime soon…” I glanced behind me, watching dad’s car that was hard to see thanks to the pouring rain from here.

“It’s raining hard right now and late, I probably shouldn’t make dad wait longer, right? You would scold me I might get a cold standing here...so, I’m going, Bo-Yeong. I promise to come soon, okay? And if you watch me from up there, make sure to throw something at me when you see me getting too sad, okay? Unnie loves you!” Patting the tomb, I rose to my feet with a small smile and winked before walking away, rushing to dad’s car as the rain got stronger. Dad smiled when I sat inside and I shivered when the warm engulfed my whole body.

“Were you cold?” Dad eyed me as he started the car.

“A little bit” I muttered, buckling in my seatbelt.

“How’s the princess?” Dad asked with a more sad voice but he still smiled.

“She’s doing good” I whispered, nodding more to myself. Dad glanced at me as we stopped at a red light and I almost got a heart attack when my phone started ringing. Seeing who the caller was I hesitated before picking up. Dad pulled the volume of the radio down and I nodded at him in thanks.

“Hey” I muttered softly, smiling when Kyungsoo greeted back happily.

“How are you?” I asked, leaning my head against the window.

“I was bored so I thought I could call you...and you?”

“I’m just going home” I glanced at dad when he drove slower, being careful as the rain was so harsh.

“What? Are you alone? I’m picking you up, where are you--” I guess Kyungsoo was too loud because even dad chuckled loudly and I couldn’t stop a snort.

“What was that--you’re not alone, right?” Kyungsoo quieted, and I was sure he was blushing for his outburst.

“I’m with dad in the car, we went to visit Bo-Yeong” I answered, still amused.

“Oh, oh I see--say hi to your dad” Dad winked at me, probably having too good ears and hearing everything Kyungsoo was telling me.

“Were you really bored or did you miss me too much?” I teased with a grin, knowing how flustered Kyungsoo could get.

“Chae” He whined, and I laughed a little “Maybe a little bit of both?”

“That’s cute, I was too busy to miss you”

“Auch, doing what?” Kyungsoo muttered and I could practically see him pouting.

“Sleeping” I chuckled when Kyungsoo gasped dramatically.

“Now I’m really hurt, I’m not speaking to you tomorrow”

“You sure you can do it?” I grinned when there was silence from him and my grin grew when he groaned.

“I could try?”

“Good luck, Kyungsoo” I laughed while dad parked the car.

“I’m glad you actually picked up” Kyungsoo muttered and I smiled with my eyebrows furrowing. Dad tapped my shoulder signaling he would enter the house and leave the keys so that I could lock the car, I nodded in affirmation.

“Why would I not?” I asked, unbuckling myself.

“Well--because I’m Kyungsoo?”

“Are you saying--we are friends now” I sighed, getting out and locking the car quickly.

“I know” Kyungsoo whined again making me chuckle. I ran inside the house and leaned against the door.

“Goodnight now, I have to go” I smiled, taking my shoes off.

“Goodnight, see you tomorrow” We hang up and I found myself full with energy and happy. It’s funny what an effect Kyungsoo can have on me by just merely speaking to me.

I went up to my room, closing the door and leaning against it. What should I do? Go to bed now or a bit later? Sighing, my mind wandered to Sehun. Tomorrow will be Monday, would he be still missing or be there and go back to making my days hell? But do I even care about what he does at this point to me? Not really, I will just patiently wait for him to finish this year and I would be free next year. Baekhyun wouldn’t be a threat anymore because most of his friends will be gone and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter