50장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Wearing the green scarf from Bo-Yeong made me realize that the weather wasn’t as chilly and Spring had finally sprung to life. The grass was growing back and the trees started blooming, it was beautiful to see the nature return to life. I always feel happy when taking a walk or going to school. Seeing everything around me return to life makes me feel more alive as well.

 

The school seemed more at ease, the students weren’t as fidgety as the whole last week. I guess Sehun returned to school. It was about time since all kinds of rumors were already made up. I hope Sooyoung will calm herself after today and temperate herself, because I don’t wish for something like yesterday to happen again. But thanks to Sooyoung, I wasn’t invisible anymore as students laughed when I passed by them and I huffed, sad that my peaceful days are over. Without Sehun in school I had really nice days, but now that he’s back I’m not sure how he’ll act towards me and what he’ll do. Maybe he will act like I don’t exist or maybe he’ll keep bullying me. Something I will find out very soon as his locker was packed with his friends and loud laughs. I sighed, passing by a group of girls who were not even subtle about eavesdropping in on their conversation but I kept quiet, not wanting to draw unnecessary attention on myself. I opened my locker quietly, placing my backpack inside, wishing that the group of boys didn’t see me, too immersed in their conversation. But we all already know that things barely go my way and as I wanted to take my book and leave, I was busted.

“Chae-Yeong!” Baekhyun exclaimed, and I’m not even surprised it was him who spoke to me first.

“Your favorite person is back” He had his arm around Sehun’s torso as he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes, closing my locker while watching the boys.

“I could figure from that group of girls eavesdropping” I grinned back at Baekhyun who scoffed and turned towards the girls, who walked away with glares directed towards me.

“And how are you feeling?” Baekhyun wasn’t about to give up and I scoffed. I had been meeting up with Sehun for three days straight, you tell me how I’m feeling!

“Amazing, like always” I glared at Baekhyun who laughed, patting Sehun’s torso. Sehun wasn’t moving, he was just simply looking at me. Jongdae and Junmyeon had their arms crossed in front of themselves as they glared at Baekhyun. They probably wanted to just chat with Sehun and not get into more trouble or bullying in their case.

“Your peaceful days are over” Baekhyun giggled and I huffed, my lower lip annoyed.

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that” I snapped at Baekhyun, his amused face disappearing.

“Okay, enough” Sehun rolled his eyes, shrugging Baekhyun’s arms off “I’m not in the mood this morning”

“Come on, man” Baekhyun whined but quickly shut up when Sehun threw him a glare. I remained watching him, feeling a little light hearted that he actually stopped Baekhyun. Were the bullying times over now? I really hope so, I’m not sure I could take it again.

“Sehun, you still didn’t tell us where the bruises are from…” Junmyeon trailed off, eyeing the fading black jaw Sehun had. I listened curiously, maybe he would tell the truth to his friends and I would hear it too!

“Got into a fight with some dudes” Sehun shrugged, making me scoff quietly “There were too much for me to fight back”

“And they beat you up?” Baekhyun asked, jaw slack.

“Yeah” Sehun’s eyes met mine and I in a breath, shaking my head. He knows I don’t believe him and we both know he’s also lying.

“Strange” Jongdae muttered, eyes falling on me when he saw Sehun unfocused. I cleared my throat and walked away, both Sehun’s and Jongdae’s eyes following me. He was hiding the truth from his friends as well, why? They know him well, he should tell them the truth. I understand if he won’t tell me, but he could tell them at least.

 

Baekhyun tried getting on my nerves many times and it was a really hard task not to snap at him, but if I want to stay low and out of trouble I will do that. Besides, Sehun was around all the time and Baekhyun couldn’t do much as Sehun stopped him more times. It was surprising but it felt good to know that he actually tried doing something good. Maybe he was true to his words and he was trying to be nice, I really appreciate that. Doesn’t mean I trust him too much, but I’m glad he is trying because then I would try too.

The hallways were busy like always as I walked to my locker and I spotted Sooyoung as well, who was pushing people out of her way roughly, pretty sure she wanted to get to Sehun. At least she would see him after the tantrum she threw yesterday. I almost tripped over my own feet when Rose pushed me out of her way, acting like it was really nothing. I scoffed at her, walking up to my locker finally.

“Sehun!” Sooyoung shrieked happily, throwing her arms around him. Sehun looked rigid, he didn’t move a single muscle to hug her back. My eyebrows furrowed as I watched them, isn’t Sehun supposed to be happy to see her? I probably shouldn’t bother with them but curiosity got the best of me.

“Sehun? What’s wrong, baby?” Sooyoung pouted as she caresed his cheeks. Sehun glanced down at Sooyoung with his eyebrows furrowed. He gripped her wrists and pulled them off him.

“Baby?” Sooyoung asked confused, leaning up to his lips but Sehun turned his head away, carefully detaching Sooyoung from his body. Jongdae and Jongin watched confused everything, as confused as I was. Why did Sehun do that? He didn’t have a problem her face of other times. Chanyeol was laughing at something on his phone but Jongdae punched his stomach, telling him to be quiet.

“Sehun--”

“I can’t keep doing this anymore” Sehun cleared his throat, watching Sooyoung “I want to break up, sorry”

Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter