40장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Truth be told, I was somehow feeling more at ease that Sehun was the one that visited my sister. At least, I know him and know that even if he tried doing something...he didn’t, because even though he is mean and a bad person, he never goes too far. But if it was Baekhyun, I’m sure he wouldn’t have had problems in doing more things that are just unacceptable. But that didn’t mean I was less angry or confused, if Sehun saw who I was visiting and how Bo-Yeong was feeling, why did he bother visiting her when he could have pretended she never even existed? He did say it was my sister who insisted in them being friends, but he could have easily declined. Realizing that the letter I read that day in the hospital was from Sehun made my head hurt and I felt weird knowing the tall figure leaning over the tombstone in the rain was Sehun. In a way, I was glad that it was him but somehow I still wished it was someone else so that Sehun wouldn’t know so much about my personal life.

 

I did my best to avoid him in school, going earlier and staying in class in breaks. I went back to the pool to have lunch, because it was safer. I didn’t want to see him, not after what happened on Wednesday behind the school. I cried once again and he held me, it gave me a feeling I didn’t like. It was making me feel uneasy, why were we comforting each other when we always caused pain for the other? Sehun didn’t try to get in my way and for once I was happy that Sooyoung was around, she was the best distraction when Sehun stared too long at me or when he lingered around his locker for too long. I have to say it, Sooyoung was doing a good job, and for once I was thankful for her.

After the pictures Baekhyun so willingly spread of me with that ugly make up on, I was glad that the school for once seemed to forget about me. Everyone was too excited for the match happening on Monday as every cheerleader was giving flyers to invite everyone to the match. I don’t plan on going since that would mean staying back after school and having to sit around many people. It’s not like I have someone to go for. Last time Jackson invited me but this time he didn’t mention anything, and I don’t want to seem like I am being nosy.

 

I was thankful when Friday finally approached and I got through the day without actually running into Oh Sehun and his minions. I did see Sooyoung in the hallway but she was arguing with her cousin, Chanyeol, about not wanting to give her a ride to some party. I mean, who would want to sit in the same car as Park Sooyoung for more than a minute? I do feel bad for Chanyeol, the poor guy is cousin’s with her and he for sure has to bear Sooyoung’s stupid mouth. Kyungsoo was kind enough to have lunch with me at the pool and I found myself laughing loudly at his childhood stories, when he was a little kid and he was very bad...he said he was the worst out of all of Oh Sehun’s friends and everyone was afraid of him because he once bit a kid’s arm for not giving him his toy. Looking now at Kyungsoo, he definitely changed...I can’t see him going around and biting people or hurting anyone. He was a sweet, quiet and nice boy. Or maybe it was just me because I did see the boys sometimes covering when he glared at them. I guess this was how Kyungsoo was, he had two sides...the nice and the scary one. But thankfully, I only got to know the nice Kyungsoo which never failed to make me blush every once in a while, something that never happened before. Because I didn’t care about boys, not like now I do, but I just simply didn’t enjoy their presence and thanks to Sehun, they are labeled all the same. Which I was wrong to do but still...most boys are like Oh Sehun.

 

I couldn’t be more thankful when my shift ended earlier, Doyoung sent me home earlier since there were only a few customers and he said he could handle them himself. So after getting home, I took a long hot shower, going downstairs while toweling my hair.

“How was school today?” Mom asked with a smile as she prepared some dinner. I eyed the food, realizing we would have some chicken once again. My mother’s obsession for chicken sometimes was really annoying.

“Acceptable” I muttered, opening the fridge to find it almost empty. Did my parents forget to do the grocery shopping?

“Tell me more, I’m not satisfied with that answer” Mom’s eyebrows furrowed as I closed the fridge door with a sigh, leaning against it.

“I stayed in class and payed attention to everything, like I usually do. Then had lunch with a friend and prayed that school would end faster” I shrugged humorlessly as my mom chuckled.

“You seem to dislike school a lot, I guess it’s just a phase” Mom grinned, mixing some salad with tomatoes.

“Yeah, a phase” I scoffed, eyeing the floor. It’s not a phase because thanks to Oh Sehun and his minions I became afraid to go to school or to even wake up in the mornings. Because I always knew what awaited me for the day, the endless bullying.

“Is you father watching TV again?” Mom’s eyebrows furrowed when shooting sounds came from the living room.

“I guess so”

“Go and tell him he needs to go grocery shopping” Mom muttered, turning on the stove “And you should go with him”

“Fine” I sighed, walking to the living room to see dad stuffing his mouth with popcorn.

“Dad” I called out, making him jump as he turned around wide eyed “Mom said to go grocery shopping”

“Now?” Dad exclaimed, popcorn flying out of his mouth. I scrunched up my nose, glaring at the food on the floor.

“Yes, now and can you close your mouth when eating?” I huffed, watching a smirk stretch on dad’s lips.

“Of course, Miso two” I glared at the other nickname, grabbing a popcorn from the floor and throwing it at dad.

“Stop calling me nicknames! My name is Chae-Yeong, dad” I huffed, walking up the stairs and leaving him alone in the living room.

“You are like your mother!” Dad shouted after me, mouth muffled.

“You have five minutes to get ready!” I shouted back, going to my room to change.

“Miso two!” I heard dad calling again, making me slam my door closed. I crossed my arms in front of my chest as I walked up to my closet. I’m not like my mom! It’s so annoying when he always calls me Miso two and dragon! I have a name and it’s Chae-Yeong. It’s just like with that annoying neighbour that always called us the Yeong sisters! Huffing, I threw open my closet and stared at my clothes, taking out some black training pants and a white long sleeved blouse that stopped at my belly to my dismay. I threw my hair in a messy bun after dressing up and ran downstairs when my father was calling for me.

“I thought you said five minutes” He grinned mockingly at me as I pulled on my white trainers.

“I did not take more than five minutes” I narrowed my eyes at my father who started laughing as he took the car keys.

“Just six” He walked out the front door not leaving me time to argue back.

“Don’t stay much! Dinner is almost done!” Mom called after us as I quickly closed the front door, shivering at the chilly air. I should really learn to dress more warmly when it’s already dark outside.

 

I sat in the passenger seat as dad drove us to the supermarket, the radio creating a calming aura around us. Dad was humming to the song as I stared out the window, watching the happy couples that walked down the streets. I always wondered when would I get my first boyfriend, but realizing because of Oh Sehun no one liked me, I had to wait until university. And still, with the many trust issues I have and dislike towards males, that guy must really work hard to get to my heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter