04장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    I stared ahead as I walked down the buzzing hallway, trying to stay away from people’s attention. It wasn’t that hard as long I rushed down the hallway not making eye contact with anyone. Those who saw me snickered, pointing their fingers at me.

“Make way everyone, fatty is walking down the hallway!” Some guy shouted making the whole hallway laugh. I clenched my jaw and quickly rushed to my locker. Sehun and the others were, unfortunately, at their own lockers so they heard everything and also saw me.

“Seems like everyone likes you now, stupid” Sehun snickered from behind me “They even parted the crowd so that you could pass” I sighed, placing in my books that I wouldn’t need later. Today I was called in earlier at the Coffee shop so I won’t be able to visit Bo-Yeong. I already left a message for her saying I would speak to her in the evening. We were having a cosplay day, so every worker of the coffee shop has to dress up as someone. Seulgi made sure that everyone has a costume, and I’m praying mine is something normal...Seulgi has an interesting taste when it comes to fashion.

“Cat got your tongue?” Sehun raised his eyebrows, watching me as I turned around. I looked at him without a reaction just shrugging. Before I could walk away, Jackson was standing in front of me with a smile.

“Chae-Yeong, good morning!” He called loudly, making me flinch.

“Good morning” I muttered back, looking around. People were staring. It seems like Jackson got quickly famous thanks to his good looks and also he has been selected for the school’s football team.

“Can I ask you something?” Jackson asked, scratching the back of his head.

“What is it?” I looked up at him, making him smile down at me.

“The first football match will be next week, would you come and watch me play?”

“Why?” I asked, my eyebrows furrowing.

“Because you are one of my friends and--”

“You’re not my friend!” I said hurriedly, knowing Sehun was listening to our conversation.

“Well, I think you are” Jackson shrugged “You can come with Wendy if you want to”

“I’m not really comfortable going to the match, sorry” I went to walk away, but Jackson stopped me by my shoulders.

“Did you fight with Wendy?” He asked, voice quiet so that just we would hear.

“You can say that” I nodded, brushing past him.

“Jackson, bro! Why were you speaking to Song Chae-Yeong?” I heard Chanyeol loudly asking Jackson as I walked away. It seems like it’s best if I stay away from Jackson, he’s already became friends with the boys.

 

I was the last to exit the classroom. Placing a loose strand of hair behind my ear, I placed my backpack on my shoulders, walking to my locker. The hallways were getting empty since people were headed to the canteen for lunch.

“Chae-Yeong” I jumped, the deep voice too close to my ear for my liking.

“Kyungsoo, what are you doing?” I asked with a sigh, looking at him tiredly.

“I just want to walk you to your locker” He shrugged, taking off his glasses.

“I can walk by myself” I muttered, speeding up.

“We are going in the same direction, so why not” Kyungsoo shrugged, smiling a little.

“Kyungsoo, can you leave me alone?” I turned my head towards him, seeing his smile drop.

“I don’t want to, you are fun to be around” He said with a frown.

“Fun?” I huffed “Literally all I do is always tell you off and you call that fun? Kyungsoo please--just give up”

“I don’t have a reason” He shrugged, walking beside me.

“Should I give you one?” I glared at him, getting annoyed with him “I don’t need friends, I don’t want friends!”

“Everybody needs friends”

“I don’t” I shook my head, arriving to my locker “Now go before your friends come and see us together”

“I don’t care about them” Kyungsoo scoffed, looking away.

“Everybody needs friends” I fired back the words at him, making him huff. I opened my locker and took out the notebooks I had to bring home.

“Sometimes you need space from them”

“I need space all the time, from everyone. So if you don’t mind--”

“Well, look at that” A chuckle came from beside us. Kyungsoo and I turned around, seeing Sooyoung with her friends, a smirk on her lips.

“So it is true, Song Chae-Yeong is trying to charm one of Oh Sehun’s friends” She said, making the girls laugh.

“I wonder if this is a strategy to get closer to us” Yeri, one of the girl’s, said with an annoying grin.

“I heard she likes Sehun and would do anything to get him” Roa muttered, looking at Sooyoung with raised eyebrows. Sooyoung started laughing loudly, making me grit my teeth. I hate rumors, sometimes they are so absurd.

“You heard wrong, Chae-Yeong definitely doesn’t like Sehun” I said with a fake smile.

“That’s the best choice” Sooyoung turned serious, a glare directed at me “Because Oh Sehun was never and will never be available for you”

“I guess he is for you” I chuckled, narrowing my eyes at her “I thank god he is not, who would date a guy like him”

“Oh, people who are worth it” Sooyoung smirked, making me widen my eyes at her in a mocking way.

“Like you?”

“Yes, like me” Sooyoung’s smirk widened, but I could see they anger behind it.

“Didn’t know that before” I sighed, pretending to think “Seems like I heard some fake rumors too”

“What rumors?” Sooyoung asked, glancing back at her friends who shrugged at her.

“Oh, you know” I smirked a little at her, Kyungsoo grabbed my arm in warning but I ignored it. “Everyone knows you are just a fling. Oh Sehun likes to play around, doesn’t want to commit to just one person. Who knows? But if you ask me--it looks like a fling, Sooyoung. For how long are you going to lie to people saying you’re his girlfriend?”

“How dare you little--”

“Baby” Sehun’s voice made my heart speed up. Did he hear what I said? I took a step back, feeling Kyungsoo’s breath on my neck. For once, it was comforting to know he was here but then again, he could do nothing, he was still Sehun’s friend.

“Don’t worry about what she says, baby” Sehun chuckled, draping an arm around Sooyoung’s shoulders “Everyone knows we are dating. Chae-Yeong is just jealous, right?” Sehun looked at me, a smirk on his pink lips, eyes narrowed in a glare.

“Of course” Sooyoung nodded with a sickening pout.

“I actually feel sorry for you, Chae-Yeong” Sehun said with fake sympathy “You will never experience having a boyfriend, I understand if you are jealous of Sooyoung, but don’t leash it out on her. She has never done anything wrong to you, right?” I glared at Sehun, feeling my hands shake in anger. I felt embarrassed and humiliated. It was obvious that I never had a boyfriend but throwing it in my face like that made me embarrassed and angry, because it was his fault really. All guys were either avoiding me or making fun of me, so how am I really supposed to have a boyfriend?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter