22장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Yesterday was beautiful, I haven’t been this happy in a while. But happiness doesn’t last forever and it was shortly gone when I had to wake up the next morning and get ready for school. Since I drew too much attention on myself yesterday, I decided today I would go looking simple and plain, like always. Pulling my hair in a ponytail at the base of my neck, I went downstairs, mom being gone already. A sticky note was placed on the fridge, saying that she had to leave earlier this morning and that she couldn’t make breakfast but she made lunch last night for me. I smiled opening the fridge and being greeted with my grey lunch box. Even though she wasn’t a very caring mother, she always made sure I had eaten, I was taken care of and never hurt...only if she knew what I went through in school. I took one painkiller, today being the last day of needing it. Taking too much would cause addiction and I don’t want that happening to me. My wounds looked alright now, my stomach all back to its normal color and the middle of my back still blue but other than that it healed.

 

The wind was blowing rather hard today, so I was thankful that my hair was in a ponytail, stopping it from getting into my face. I was shivering by the time I got inside school, the morning wind doing no good...it was cold, truly cold outside.

Throwing my backpack inside my locker, I patted my arms, trying to warm myself up through my long coat.

“Cold?” A familiar voice asked, making me turn towards her.

“Yeah” I muttered, taking off my coat and placing it inside my locker, folded nicely.

“Here, I have more so you can take it” Wendy smiled, handing me two hot packs.

“Oh, it’s fine, I don’t need them” I declined them with a small chuckle, making Wendy glare at me.

“You are still shivering, Chae” Wendy sighed, pushing the hot pack against my chest “Take them”

“Okay” I muttered, taking them and hugging them in my hands to my chest “Thank you”

“No problem, what are friends for?” She giggled, turning to leave before I could tell her we aren’t friends...because we aren’t, right? With a small smile and the two hot packs I walked to class, glad that I could keep myself warm all day long.

 

The day was very uneventful and it was really surprising. Truth is I didn’t go to my locker so probably that’s why, I had everything I needed so I wasn’t forced to go there as well. Happy that I had two hot packs, I was smiling all day, making my classmates stare at me weirdly. Was it that weird for Song Chae-Yeong to smile even the tiniest? I guess yes. However, when lunch approached, I didn’t have a choice but to go to my locker to take my lunch box. The hallway was full with students like usually, and I was expecting Oh Sehun at his locker like he usually was, laughing loudly with his friends. But today, he wasn’t. And his friends didn’t look too happy. Jongdae was furiously typing on his phone while Baekhyun was leaning against Sehun’s locker. He was smiling, but if you looked closer, you could see the worry written on his face as he kept pressing buttons on his phone. I quickly turned around when Jongdae glanced at me, not wanting to seem like I was interested or prying. What happened to them? Why were they so agitated? Sighing, I took my lunch box quietly and closed my locker, locking it when a loud whine came from behind me.

“Where the hell is Oh Sehun!” Park Sooyoung had a pout on her face, arms crossed in front of her chest. She was with Kyulkyung on her heels, who was playing on her phone not even paying attention to what was happening around her.

“That’s what we are trying to find out too” Baekhyun said with a shrug, sending a small smirk at Sooyoung.

“Yeah, okay” Sooyoung rolled her eyes but I didn’t miss the sly smile she sent back “Find him quickly, okay? He promised yesterday to meet up in third period and he didn’t show up”

“I saw him this morning, but I don’t know where he disappeared to” Came a new voice, Kim Junmyeon “Did you call him?”

“That’s what I’ve been doing for the past ten minutes” Baekhyun sighed, putting his phone away. I quickly snapped out of it, realizing I was full on staring at them and that it was time I run off before they spot me...but that didn’t happen as Kim Junmyeon turned around and saw me.

“Chae-Yeong, perhaps have you seen him?” He asked, eyes widening as he looked worried. My heart started beating faster at his face, he really cared for Sehun, didn’t he? Where was Oh Sehun? Did he just disappear without letting his friends know? He wouldn’t do that, right? Maybe he was just out smoking.

“No, I haven’t’” I shrugged, taking small steps backwards. Maybe I shouldn’t say the next thing, but I can’t help myself...I’m becoming worried too even though Oh Sehun doesn’t deserve that from me.

“Have you looked at the back of school? He usually smokes there” I muttered quietly, Sooyoung’s eyes snapping at me. She narrowed her eyes, throwing her hair behind her shoulder.

“And how would you know?” She snapped at me, making Junmyeon sigh. I think he really couldn’t stand her, I wonder who did…

“I just know” I glared back at her, quickly turning around and walking away before they could question me further about Oh Sehun. Why did they think I knew where he was? I was just as uninformed like them.

Quietly making my way down the now empty hallways, I passed the locker rooms, heading for the pool. It was actually nice having lunch there, I was alone, in silence and near water...something I always loved, water. It gave me a calming and warm feeling. Pushing the double doors open, I walked in, not really paying attention to the water since I didn’t have intentions of swimming. Sitting down in my usual chair, I quietly opened my lunch box and started eating the chicken my mom made me. Yes, my mom loves chicken so I many times have chicken for lunch...at least she placed some kimchi today beside the chicken. Eating too quickly, I started coughing, nearly choking on the kimchi. Pushing my lunch box away, I opened my water bottle and gulped down big sips of water, leaning back in the chair. It was so quiet, that I actually felt weird. Placing the water bottle near my chair, I looked at the water, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter