44장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

 

         It was quiet as I ascended the stairs, going for the kitchen. I woke up with a sudden hunger and I couldn’t wait to get food inside my stomach. No one was in the kitchen as I walked to the fridge, mom probably left for work already and I don’t know about dad. He was either sleeping or out for a morning run. I ate the sandwich that was for me quietly, humming as I could finally feed my empty stomach. Today was Thursday, one more day and it would be finally weekend and I could sleep in and laze around the house then do some work and come home to relax. I’m glad this week was so quiet and I probably shouldn’t enjoy it, because maybe something happened to him, but I’m glad Sehun wasn’t in school. I don’t know where he is and I’m actually very fine with it. Yes, I realized yesterday that I am worried about him, and I feel very stupid for being worried but I can’t help it. I’m not a bad person, and even though he did many bad things, I’m not someone to wish to someone else to get in trouble. So even though I’m worried, I still hope Sehun is safe and sound.

Finishing the sandwich, I washed my hands in the sink and when I turned around dad jumped in front of me, making me shriek.

“What are you doing!” I stared wide eyed at my dad as he laughed loudly, making my glare intensify.

“I love it how easily you get scared” He said between laughs, making me scoff.

“Yeah, right...and I love it how you always annoy me” Dad’s laugh slowly died down, leaving us in silence. I bent to pick up my backpack as dad stared at me with a smile.

“It’s good to be back home, I missed scaring you” Dad winked at me as I passed by him with a sigh.

“I missed you too dad, but not your jokes and behavior” I muttered back, pulling on my boots.

“Auch, that one hurt young lady” Dad spoke in a hurt tone, making me roll my eyes “I forgot you are an ice queen, you are harsher than your mother”

“No, I’m not” I snapped back at him, making dad raise his hands in mock surrender.

“If you’d see yourself right now…” Dad smirked when I huffed annoyed, turning to walk out.

“I’m out of here, have a nice day” I called, closing the door as dad wished me a nice day. This man, he acts like a kid every single time, will he ever become mature? I think my dad is a lost cause in that part.

 

The gossip about Sehun’s disappearance didn’t die down, it got worse. People were saying that he left the country and moved to another one and that he would never come back. That story sounded too much to my ears, but secretly I was praying it was true and I would finally be left alone and wouldn’t be worried anymore. Although if that is true...there is one thing I regret not doing, telling Sehun everything I have on my heart. He deserves to hear the pain I went through because of him and I want to see him regretting what he did to me, even if it’s for just a little second.

I couldn’t help myself but glance at Sehun’s locker as I neared mine, and of course no one was standing in front of it. He was still gone and Jongdae still looked tired as he read a book, sitting on the floor and leaning against the locker. Catching Baekhyun’s eyes on me, I quickly averted my gaze from there and focused on my task, getting my books and leaving quickly. Throwing my backpack inside my locker, I dig around for my sketchbook, groaning when I couldn’t find it again. My locker was so small yet so big that I could never find my things, it was exhausting and annoying.

“Good morning, Chae-Chae” Of course Baekhyun couldn’t ignore me “Still worried about Prince Charming?”

“I have never been in the first place” I muttered back with a sigh, realizing I might have left my sketchbook at home and that meant trouble. We would be graded today, great.

“You can lie to someone who doesn’t know you” Baekhyun chuckled behind me.

“And do you know me?” I scoffed, glancing back at him. Baekhyun just shrugged as he turned back to his locker. No, he didn’t know me and he would never get to know me.

I pulled out a few books, trying to find the sketchbook as my Philosophy book fell on the floor. I sighed, getting annoyed with all the trouble I had with finding a simple sketchbook. Before I could pick it up, Wendy was already handing it to me with a smile.

“Good morning” She called loudly, my eyes widening.

“What are you doing here? And morning” I took the sketchbook from her hands.

“I have classes” Wendy chuckled as she bounced on her feet.

“I thought your classes started later?” I raised an eyebrow as Wendy shook her head.

“They changed my schedule for this day because of my arts professor so I will start classes like everyone else today. We can go together” Wendy was ecstatic as I shook my head, turning to place my Philosophy book back inside my locker. My eyes widened in disbelief when my sketchbook was sitting on top of my books. I swear to god it wasn’t there!

“I can’t believe it” I muttered, rolling my eyes as I took the sketchbook out.

“What happened?” Wendy asked confused, eyeing me curiously.

“I couldn’t find my sketchbook and now suddenly it’s on top of my books? What kind of witchcraft is this?” I mumbled, closing my locker as I turned towards Wendy. How did I fail to feel Jongdae’s eyes on me? He looked amused as he watched the exchange between Wendy and I.

“Park Sooyoung kind of witchcraft” Wendy winked, making me laugh. I nodded, agreeing with her. I wouldn’t be surprised if we wake up one day and find Sooyoung with some ugly green skin, red eyes and a huge nose. She could be a witch in disguise.

“Should I ask her to cast a spell on you two?” Baekhyun butted in with a smirk, making Wendy roll her eyes.

“I would be careful in your place, I see she already has you under her spell” Wendy chuckled when Baekhyun scoffed and stormed off to class. I laughed, patting Wendy’s arm as we started walking away to class. I couldn’t stop myself from glancing once again at Sehun’s locker and Jongdae didn’t miss it either.

 

Next break I met up with Wendy again at our lockers and w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter