12장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    I hurried inside school, afraid that I’ll be late to my first class. I really have to stop going to bed so late, it makes me be late for school. Someone stumbled into me, making me gasp sharply.

“Ouch” I muttered, rubbing my stomach.

“Well, watch where you are going” Sooyoung snapped at me, glaring me down. She was towering over me with her high heels on. Seriously, there is a dress code so that people accommodate to it and actually follow it. I guess you don’t when you are Park Sooyoung or Oh Sehun, huh, the perfect couple, aren’t they?

“Well, I wasn’t the one that ran into me so I think you should watch where you go” I snapped back at her, pushing past her forcefully. I could feel Sooyoung’s burning gaze on my back but I looked ahead and continued walking to my locker, faster since I ran into her I lost precious minutes. Throwing my locker open, my backpack landed loudly inside, already reaching for my books when the warning bell rang. I groaned, moving faster to get my literature notebook and a pencil case. I fumbled with locking my locker back, groaning when I couldn’t close it normally. The strand of my backpack was blocking my door and with a loud huff, I forcefully pushed it inside and slammed my locker closed. Everyone was hurrying to class and I was just about to do the same if I haven’t collided with a hard chest. Is everyone running into me this morning on purpose? Did they see I’m late and want now me to get detention too? I cursed under my breath, but instantly freeze when I recognized the cologne. It was strong, manly but the smell of cigarette was unavoidable. I slowly looked up, taking a big step back.

“Watch where you are going” Sehun fired at me, glaring down at me. I felt awkward and nervous being around him due to what happened yesterday so without a word I ran off, already late for my literature class. I mean, it is my fault Kyungsoo and him fought but I didn’t ask for it. If it was about personal things and they were uncomfortable with people hearing, they shouldn’t have said them in front of me. Also, gripping Sehun’s hand so boldly made my heart beat faster because I know he didn’t appreciate me touching him, just like I hated it when he touched me, so I know expecting something from Oh Sehun to come my way was normal.

 

Since I was late to school, I was forced to go back to my locker the next break to take my books for my next classes. I practically dragged myself there, knowing I had to see Oh Sehun and his minions again. I sighed when I saw Baekhyun jumping around Jongin, nagging the poor boy. Jongin wasn’t even paying attention to Baekhyun, he was on his phone, typing. Jongdae had his head buried in a book--Philosophy. My eyebrows rose, so that’s why he always commented on my Philosophy projects, he’s in the same profile like me...how come I never knew? I hoped they wouldn’t pay attention to me since Baekhyun was busy jumping around and Jongdae was obviously studying. I was very wrong, however, when I barely opened my locker and was reaching for my books, the door slammed closed. I jumped, staring wide eyed at Baekhyun.

“Are you crazy!” I exclaimed, glaring at him “You almost slammed the door on my fingers”

“Oh, whops” Baekhyun giggled, swapping the hair out from his eyes.

“What’s wrong with you” I huffed, eyeing him weirdly. Baekhyun was always a weird person but him acting this hyper scared me more.

“I woke up with a great mood, so don’t ruin it” He narrowed his eyes at me, the smile still on his lips.

“If you leave me alone, I won’t” I said shrugging, opening my locker again but keeping a hand on the door if he planned to slam it close again.

“I just wanted to say, good morning” Baekhyun chuckled, walking back to Jongin. I stared after him with narrowed eyes. He never wishes me a good morning, and if he does he always says something mocking. So, what’s wrong with him.

“I think we might need an umbrella later” Baekhyun said loudly, making Jongdae scoff.

“Dude, can you see any cloud on the sky?” He asked, going back to his book.

“Dude” Baekhyun said back in a mocking way “I wasn’t talking about outside, someone might get wet today” He glanced at me, making me avert my eyes. Wait, what? Why did he say that and look at me? Why would I get wet today? My eyebrows furrowed as I took out the books I needed for my next class and hurried back to class when I saw Oh Sehun walking towards his friends. Baekhyun freaked me out more than enough...I don’t want to deal with Oh Sehun too.

 

Even though I swore to myself that I wouldn’t leave the class anymore until it’s time to leave and go home...I couldn’t stop myself from going to the washroom, I mean...when you have to go you just go. When the bell rang, I sprinted to the washrooms, eager to finally be able and pee. I didn’t even drink that much water today.

After doing my business, I heard some voices outside my stall, but since it’s the washroom and break it’s normal other girls come too. I flushed the toilet and opened my door, gasping at the cold contact. I held my eyes tightly closed as water dripped down my face and not just...my whole front body was dripping wet. There were loud laughs, all girly and annoying, but it was one that annoyed me the most.

“Quickly, can’t afford her running off” Sooyoung snapped and then I heard a camera flash. I opened my eyes, jumping towards the girl, Rose more exactly, and knocking the phone out her hands.

“You !” She shrieked when the phone made contact with the ground “That’s an Iphone!”

“Oh, means it broke for sure” I snapped at her, glaring at the five girls, all looking amused except Rose.

“Even if it did…” Roa held up another phone “I made sure to take pictures too”

“How can you say that!” Rose exclaimed “That was an Iphone--”

“Get over it, will you” Sooyoung snapped, glaring at her red headed friend who suddenly became small under Sooyoung’s gaze.

“I can buy you another if it broke, you know...we are friends” Yeri giggled, patting Rose’s back who was looking at the ground.

“So, now that you got all wet and ready--” Sooyoung smirked at me, making her friends snicker “Who’s going to be your next client?”

I chuckled, pulling my wet hair away from my face. I whipped the water from my eyes, looking at Sooyoung with a smirk.

“Careful, Sooyoung” I took steps, walking around the girls “I might go after your boyfriend” Sooyoung’s friends started laughing, but Sooyoung’s jaw only tightened.

“Good luck, ” She glared at me “He wouldn’t look after a wench like yourself”

“Is that why you got so mad suddenly?” I raised an eyebrow. Sooyoung her thick lips, her palms balling into fists.

“He’s not looking at s like--”

“Yeah, yeah, sure” I waved my hand in the air turning around. Her friends were quiet as I opened the door, quite impressed by my behavior. Let me tell you, I might act like this but my heart is beating too fast and it takes me everything to stop my fingers from visibly shaking. I mean, they are five against one and could do to me anything any second, that’s why I’m running away again, it’s the best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter