59장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    I couldn’t have been in a better mood. After hearing the good news of So Young being released, I was all smiles. And even though I had a night to sleep, in the morning I was still smiling and feeling happy.

Going downstairs, the freshly brewed coffee lingered in the air. Tying my hair in a ponytail, I  entered the kitchen to see mom drinking her coffee.

“I made you lunch, it’s on the table” She spoke without looking up from her phone.

“Okay, thanks” I said quickly, getting the lunch box. Opening my backpack I quickly placed it inside and zipped it back, going for the door.

“Why are you so happy?” Mom asked as I was about to exit the kitchen “Do you have a boyfriend?”

“So Young is being released from the hospital tomorrow, we can finally go out” I said excitedly, failing to see mom’s expression falter.

“That’s--great” She said with a tight smile, clearing “Now go to school”

“Bye” I called as I pulled on a cardigan, the weather finally turning warm. Closing the front door I became aware of two new voices.

“I’m so sleepy, why did you wake me up?” One whined, rubbing his face.

“So that we could come in time” The shorter one answered. Startled, I walked between the two boys, looking at them wide eyed.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, making both of them jump. They probably didn’t hear me when I locked the door.

“Good morning” Kyungsoo was the first to greet me, a big grin on his plump lips.

“Morning” Sehun grunted, not really looking at me.
“Yeah, what are you doing here?” I repeated my question, still confused.

“We came to get you, let’s get going” Kyungsoo nodded with his head, slowly starting to walk ahead of us.

“No, you woke me up and dragged me out of my bed when I was planning on skipping the first two classes” Sehun muttered, rolling his eyes.

“Skipping classes before the exams?” I raised my eyebrows as I looked up at Sehun.

“Yeah, it doesn’t really matter” He shrugged, slowly walking on my right side as Kyungsoo walked on my left.

“We’ll see that after the exams” Kyungsoo snickered when Sehun scoffed.

“Stop being a smartass, okay? You are annoying” Sehun leaned in front of me, glaring at Kyungsoo.

“And what would you do without me?” Kyungsoo smiled smugly at him “You can’t even control Chanyeol or Jongdae when they go wild”

“As if you can…” Sehun scoffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest “Chanyeol is afraid of you because you always hit him, but Jongdae is doing fine with Junmyeon”

“I have my ways that no one else has, that’s why they listen” Kyungsoo fired back, a small glare directed at Sehun.

“Really? ‘Cause we both know Jongin never listens to you--”

“That’s a lie! Last time he got drunk I--”

“No, you didn’t. I was with him and we were both drunk--”

“Exactly and you were planning on calling Sooyoung and--”

“No, I wasn’t! You weren’t even there!”

“I was! Stop lying!”

“Stop it!” I exclaimed, annoyed by the two boys “Why are you bickering about little nothings? Who cares if the others listen to you or not? I don’t”

“That’s rude” Kyungsoo muttered.

“Screaming in my ears is too” I rolled my eyes, suddenly feeling arms around my shoulders.

“Sorry, we’ll stop now” Sehun grinned, eyes glancing behind me. Rolling my eyes, I pushed his arm off.

“Great, keep your hands to yourself” I snapped at Sehun, making Kyungsoo snicker.

“And you stop being a smartass” I threw a glare at Kyungsoo, shutting him up.

“Now that you are finally quiet, let’s enjoy this walk in silence” I muttered, sighing as I gripped the straps of my backpack.

Barely a few minutes passed in silence, when Kyungsoo suddenly spoke up, “Chae-Yeong”

“Yes?” I glanced at him, eyebrows raised.

“You are cute” He said with a grin and my cheeks flushed.

“Stop it” I glared at him, facing the front again.

“I’m only saying the truth--”

“She already knows she’s beautiful, why bother telling her?” Sehun spoke up, making me roll my eyes.

“Are you competing against each other now?” I scoffed, grateful that we were close to school.

“No” The boys chorused and I made a sound of disbelief.

“On a more serious note…” Kyungsoo trailed off, looking at Sehun “Who do you like more?”

“I’m not answering that” I quickly snapped, feeling embarrassed. Why does he want to know? I like both, as friends, why do I have to choose just one?

“Why?” Sehun asked, looking interested.

“Because” I shrugged, walking faster.

“Obviously, she likes me more” Kyungsoo said with a laugh an arm going around my shoulders as he pulled me quickly after him.
“What are you doing?” I asked, keeping up with his pace.

“Running away from Sehun” Kyungsoo laughed “It will piss him off”

“Yah!” Sehun’s shout reached our ears as we entered the school gates “Why did you run off?”

“To get rid of you!” Kyungsoo called, pulling me quickly across the parking lot.

“You are both dead!” Sehun shouted after us and I glared at Kyungsoo, wondering how I ended up here. Why do they have to tease me so early in the morning? I barely wake up and then I’m suddenly greeted with two males that are sometimes annoying, one my friend and the other...something like that, I guess.

“Who’s idea was to get me?” I asked Kyungsoo as we walked inside the school, Sehun somewhere behind us probably held back by the mass of excited students.

“Mine” Kyungsoo grinned happily, looking at me.

“You could have come alone” I shrugged, taking a right turn.

“And miss out the fun of teasing Sehun?” Kyungsoo laughed quietly, letting go of my shoulder “He’s such a jealous kid”

“Jealous?” I looked at Kyungsoo curiously “Who would he be jealous of? And why?”

“What?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he looked at me.

“Why would Sehun be jealous?” I deadpanned, narrowing my eyes at Kyungsoo.

“Sehun? Jealous?” Kyungsoo laughed nervously “Who said anything about that?”

Stopping in front of our lockers, I turned towards Kyungsoo with a glare.

“You said, Sehun is such a jealous kid...explain yourself” I crossed my arms in front of my chest, pursing my lips.

“Uhm” Kyungsoo looked around, a tight smile on his face.

“Yeah, I said that ‘cause--”

“I wonder if it’s really me the one who’s jealous” Sehun suddenly appeared behind Kyungsoo, eyebrows raised.

“Don’t start it” Kyungsoo threw a glare a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter