51장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Have you ever had a nightmare filled night? Do you know how that feels? If you do, I know that it’s horrible and you can’t even rest. That’s what happened. All night, Sooyoung’s face was in my head and instead of seeing the plastic made girl, she looked like a really ugly witch and was screeching she’ll take me away. Somewhere the nightmare was cut in half and a smile appeared in front of me, I didn’t see the face but I recognized the smile. It was Sehun, he was smiling at me. Everything was haunting me at once and it was driving me crazy.

Waking up was hard, I barely could get out of bed and get ready for school. I should take a nap in the afternoon if I still have time left before work. Or maybe I won’t have time if something happens again, like it usually does.

When I went down to the kitchen I realized I was alone, a small note left on the fridge for me. It was from dad saying he was called in earlier, since a big accident happened in the outskirts of Seoul, he was sent there. That’s a sad thing to hear, but unfortunately we can’t stop everything. My eyes kept falling shut as I munched on my sandwich, hand keeping my head up. It was a loud ping that made me jump and even yelp. I hit my chest a few times as I started coughing, swallowing the food with difficulty. Did Kyungsoo want us to go together? Opening my phone, my eyes widened when I saw the message was actually from Sehun and not Kyungsoo. He stopped texting me after he went back to school, so I was really hoping he already deleted my number and forgot about everything. Seems like I was wrong, like many other times.

‘Good morning, are you up? What are you doing?’

I stared at the text, trying to wrap my mind around it. Why would Sehun ask me such things? Does he think that now he doesn’t have Sooyoung I will replace her? He is very wrong, and I think I am too. After all, I did hear what he said about me yesterday. He dislikes me, which is fine.

‘Why do you still have my number?’ I munched on my sandwich, wiping my mouth.

‘Am I supposed to delete it?’

‘Yes!’ I rolled my eyes, getting up.

‘Then why do you still have mine?’ I paused, staring at the message. Why do I still have his? Good question, I don’t know either.

‘I’m going, leave me alone, Sehun!’

Closing my phone, I ignored the next two buzzes and pulled on my coat.  The weather was nice and you can finally feel spring coming. It’s a beautiful feeling, it makes me warm. It feels nice after all the cold I had to endure throughout the winter. My heart is cold enough already, I need something to warm me up again and what else then the weather itself?

 

I barely entered the school, eyes were already on me. I halted my steps, becoming aware of the insistent stares and fingers pointed at me. Of course, Sehun broke up with Sooyoung yesterday and he ran off with me after. Wouldn’t that draw too much attention after what Sooyoung said about us? Blinking a few times, I started walking again, ignoring everyone like I’m already used to do.

“You see her? That’s Song Chae-Yeong, Sehun ran off with her yesterday” I heard a girl whisper to her friend. I rolled my eyes, of course, everyone already knows that.

“Sehun is ing around with her, I heard he cheated on Sooyoung with her” My lips twitched as I tried to maintain a blank face as I glared at the girl who just said that. It’s so easy to start a rumor, not caring if it will affect someone or not.

“She’s nicer than Sooyoung for sure, but she’s still a stupid for running off with Oh Sehun like that” I couldn’t help but turn towards the girl that said that, the words really getting to me.

“And who said I ran off with Sehun?” I snapped at her, startling her and her friends “Just because you saw him dragging me after him yesterday doesn’t mean we are friends or anything close to that!”

“But you didn’t fight back” The girl shrugged.

“Would you fight back when your bully, who abused you before, is angry? I’m pretty sure you would burst out crying and beg for forgiveness even if you didn’t do anything” I rolled my eyes, turning away from the girls “It’s something you don’t wish to experience”

Walking off, I left the girls speechless as I finally neared my locker. It was louder in the hallway all thanks to the noisy boys behind me. I didn’t miss Sehun staring at me as I opened my locker, but I choose to ignore him. I feel uncomfortable, all the attention I’m getting again is all because of him, great. Placing my backpack in the locker, I jumped when Jongin called out.

“Good morning, Chae!” Staying still for a few seconds, I slowly turned my head towards them. Chae? And good morning? Since when are we on good terms?

“Morning” Jongdae greeted with a smile, making me blink rapidly. Am I really living this? Is this really happening or I’m having hallucinations?

“Uhm” I looked around awkwardly before looking back at the boys “Morning”

“Chae-Yeong, did you have breakfast?” Yixing suddenly asked, stepping forward.

“Me?” I asked dumbly, pointing at myself. Jongin chuckled as he turned back towards Jongdae to continue their conversation.

“Of course!” Yixing exclaimed with a friendly smile.

“Uhm, yeah. I had breakfast” I bit my lower lip, unable to resist the urge to glance at Sehun. He had his blank expression on again, eyes focused only on me. His smile flashing in my head made my ears heat up and I quickly averted my gaze. Stop acting stupid, Song Chae-Yeong!

“That’s a pity” Yixing pouted, scratching the back of his head “I brought too much food”

“Share it with your friends” I shrugged, wanting to turn back to my locker but Yixing shaking his head quickly stopped me.

“No, take this for later!” He smiled, extending some kind of bread towards me. It looked filled with something and I quickly shook my head, wanting to deny his offer.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t accept it” I bowed my head a little but Yixing was quick to insist.

“Seriously, I don’t need it” He grinned and pushed the bread into my hands so I was forced to really take it.

“Uhm, thanks” I muttered, making Yixing smile widely.

“Me too” He said with a cheeky grin and went back to Sehun’s locker, nudging Sehun who grunted. I quickly turned around and placed the bread inside my backpack, getting my literature book. As I wanted to place my phone inside the locker, it buzzed again. With my eyebrows furrowed, I opened it, but it was another text from Sehun.

‘Are you ignoring me again?

Chae-Yeong, you are so annoying’ He sent these while I was still at home and decided to just ignored whatever he had to say. We are not friends to exchange messages and talk about our day or ask how the other was feeling.

‘Look at me.’

This message was sent not even a minute ago. I gulped, fidgeting with the phone as I placed it inside my locked and closed it quickly. Why do I have to look at him? I don’t want to look at him, I don’t feel good around him or even just by looking at him. Yesterday was a little too much for me, I need time and space to think and analyse the situation.

 

The second the bell rang, I was up on my feet and ready to dash out the classroom. I had classes with Baekhyun today and his glares felt like they were making a hole inside my skull. It’s really annoying and distracting, Baekhyun needs to stop. Him and Sehun are so persistent, one thing they have in common. The teacher dismissed us, so I quickly exited the classroom but I didn’t get far as I collided with a body, head bumping into a chest. The person grunted and I was ready to apologize but then I saw who it was.

“Great, your class is over”

“What are you doing?” I asked, eyes wide.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you the same thing? You looked like a ninja a second ago” Sehun shrugged, eyes narrowing at me.

“Well, I was trying to run away from Baekhyun and hide from you” I waited for Sehun to have a reaction but he only looked past me.

“Let’s go have lunch” He muttered, nodding to himself like he just agreed with someone.

“What?” I asked, confused for a second. He wasn’t even looking at me when he said that, who was behind me? As I glanced back I felt Sehun’s hand grabbing my forearm and I grew alarmed.

“Sehun? What are you doing?” I asked, looking up at him.

“Going to the canteen” Sehun answered, pulling me after him.

“What? No! I’m not going” I shook my head, trying to pull my hand away from his grip.

“Why not? We are supposed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter