10장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Being forced to mute my phone for the whole day was the worst day. I always jumped when someone called, thinking that what if it was the Hospital, Bo-Yeong or my mom? I came to the realization that it were just unknown numbers since my mother left a message she’ll be late and I shouldn’t stay up and wait for her. Actually throwing my phone underneath my bed wasn’t a very bad idea, I got to sleep more than last night. However, in the morning I still felt tired and wished I could sleep more.

After getting ready, I headed downstairs still half asleep. My mom was already dressed and was brewing her coffee. Even though both my parents were tall, I’m here stuck with my 1, 60 cm. My mother has an elegant, lean body, which seems like I got too. I look like my mom, while Bo-Yeong got dad’s good looks.

“Chae-Yeong” Mom turned around somewhat looking startled “Do you want some coffee?”

“No” I shook my head, standing in the doorway “Mom”

“Yes?” She raised her eyebrows, sipping from her coffee.

“Can I get a new number?” I asked quietly, looking rather at the sink behind her than at her.

“Why?” Mom’s eyebrows furrowed as she lowered the cup from her lips.

“Well, I just--I need a new one, please?” I sighed, looking at her.

“Okay, but why?” Mom pressed, looking confused.

“I might--I’m getting some calls from an unknown person and it’s uncomfortable” I half lied, because it’s actually from many other people not just one.

“Block him” Mom shrugged, taking another sip of her coffee.

“If he has my number won’t he be able to call from other phones?” I scoffed, trying to convince her without saying too much of the real reason.

“That’s true” Mom nodded, eyebrows furrowed “I’ll see what I can do”

“Okay” I muttered, taking my backpack on my shoulders “I’ll go to school now”

“Have a nice day” Mom called happily after me as I exited the house.

“Not even a chance” I muttered to myself as I walked down the street, headphones plugged in, music blasting into my ears.

 

When I arrived to school it was the same, students starring and shouting after me rude things that I couldn’t care less about. It was already easy to ignore them, block them out. I got used to them by now. The boys were at their lockers when I got to mine, but Oh Sehun was missing. I’m not sure if they really didn’t see me while laughing so loudly or they saw me and decided to ignore me, nevertheless I’m glad they ignored me. Walking to class quietly, I enjoyed being left alone because last time something like this happened, which was just a few days ago, I ended up crying and I wasn’t ready to have another mental breakdown so soon.

I should really stop getting my hopes up when nothing happens and I’m left alone, because it seems like then happen the worst things. I was sorting out my papers I had due next week, in the long break, when the crowd started parting and people started whispering. I looked around, becoming confused. Kim Junmyeon, president of the student’s of this school, also friends with Oh Sehun, was walking down the hall, back straight and eyes looking at me, heading towards me. What did I do? I closed my locker quickly when he stopped beside me and cleared his throat.

“Song Chae-Yeong” He said, voice not giving anything away “The principal wishes to see you”

“Okay” I muttered, following after him, head lowered. The principal would meet up with me from time to time, but he never sent Kim Junmyeon after me. I was usually called out of class and everyone snickered thinking I was getting scolded, while I was sitting in the principal’s office, served with warm tea and just chatting with the old man. He knew about my situation, about Bo-Yeong and he always showed honest concern towards my sister, wishing her the best. But this time it was different and I felt it in the air Junmyeon had around him. He was pretty stiff and sighed every few minutes. Even though he was never seen around Oh Sehun, they were known to be friends, I once heard Sehun was the closest to Junmyeon, the two growing up together. When we arrived to a more quiet side of the hallway, getting closer to the office, Junmyeon slowed his pace.

“You are in trouble, Chae-Yeong” He said quietly, glancing over his shoulder at me.

“I guessed that already” I rolled my eyes, not liking to be around him. He might have never bullied me, but he was Sehun’s friend.

“It’s Sehun’s fault” Junmyeon muttered, eyebrows furrowed. I glanced at him curiously, seeing him lost in thought.

“Well, I knew that too” I shrugged, pushing the hair out of my face. The principal didn’t like it when I hid behind my hair, he couldn’t see my face clearly.

“Chae-Yeong--” He turned towards me, making me jump at the sudden movement

“Nothing” He sighed as we arrived to the office. I looked at him curiously as he knocked on the door. What did he want to say? Entering, the secretary greeted us with a small smile, concern written on her face when she saw me. I bowed respectfully before proceeding to the principal’s office. Knocking on the door, I entered carefully. The principal was sitting in his chair, a frown on his face as he stared at the dark haired, tall male. Oh Sehun, was sitting on the other side of the desk in a chair, back straight. I gulped when seeing him, I thought I’ll be alone with the principal? What did they discuss so far? What if Sehun said some other lies about me?

“Song Chae-Yeong” The principal looked at me, motioning towards the chair beside Sehun “Please sit down”

Bowing again, I went and sat in the chair beside Sehun, which were too close for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter