03장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Sometimes I wonder how do I get this lucky. The whole morning I got away without a scratch. I do have lucky days like today and I always take them and cherish them like it’s some sort of medal I won. I know, it sounds stupid, but to a person like me, it’s like heaven. I always look out though, because the devil is always around and I might never know when he will strike. I’m good at avoiding people, so staying away from Wendy was easy to do. Kyungsoo’s stares didn’t help, even less when the boys were staring at me like I just commited the biggest crime. I ignored them too, head low, long hair falling in my face. The long break came and once again I was forced to go to my locker since I forgot my Philosophy notebook in my locker. I pinched my skin, making myself hiss. How could I be so forgetful! I could have gotten away without causing myself any trouble if I just didn’t forget my notebook in my locker.

Gripping the straps of my backpack tighter, I headed for my locker, well aware of the amused stares I was getting.

“Have you heard yesterday? They say she’s anemic” I heard someone whispering, making me furrow my eyebrows. Of course, rumors spread in this school like wildfire.

“Oh my gosh, what if I get it too!” The other girl exclaimed, voice high pitched “I don’t want to look dead like that creature”

I gulped down my remark, forcing myself to walk forward. Some people are really stupid, anemia can’t be gotten in that way. I guess she doesn’t worry much about Biology when mommy and daddy are rich business people. I scoffed, opening my locker forcefully. It slammed against Jackson’s closed locker, making those around look at me questioningly. I took a deep breath, digging inside my locker, pushing away the books I didn’t need.

“What got your on fire?” Baekhyun called loudly from across me. I rolled my eyes knowing he couldn’t see and finally found my notebook. Sometimes I feel like my locker is a huge closet and I can never find my things. Is this a closet to Narnia? I’d like that, goodbye miserable life.

“Is Miss Song annoyed at us?” Jongdae snickered, nudging Baekhyun as they advanced forward. The moment I turned around, my back collided with my locker.

“What are you doing?” I muttered, clutching my book tightly. Baekhyun and Jongdae cornered me against my locker, both blocking my ways of exit, I couldn’t run away.

“Well, we wanted to pay a visit” Jongdae pouted innocently. His fluffy hair only helped, but I know better. Never trust an angel faced guy with a deadly smile.

“Are you angry at us for yesterday?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, making them disappearing underneath his faded pink bangs.

“Just for yesterday?” I raised my eyebrows uninterested “I’d like to say I started disliking you way longer than yesterday”

“Sehun is right” Jongdae scoffed, turning towards Baekhyun “You really are annoying”

“And now what did I do?” I scoffed, jumping when Baekhyun took a step closer, glaring at me hard.

“You can’t shut your mouth, can’t you?” He scoffed, looking uninterested.

“And how is Sehun right?” I raised my eyebrows, still uninterested. If my heart was able to kill me, it would have already done it. It was beating so fast I was scared I would collapse.

“You always look dead” Jongdae shrugged “Are you a zombie?”

“If I were a zombie, you’d be the first ones to find out” I flashed them a fake smile, trying to push past them.

“Ah, but where are you going?” Baekhyun chuckled, pushing me back into the lockers. I slumped against it, trying to hide my face behind my long hair.

“The best is yet to come” Jongdae laughed as a high pitched voice shouted from the other end of the hallway. I turned towards the voice, seeing no one else than Park Sooyoung. She’s also known as Sehun’s girlfriend, but that just what she says. Everyone else knows it’s more of a fling.

“Sehun!” She shouted again, the crowd moving away as she rudely pushed away a freshman.

“Ah” The boys chuckled around Sehun as they took a few steps back. It’s well known that only few people like Park Sooyoung. Sometimes I wonder how can Sehun still perfectly hear when she screeches so much.

“Take out your popcorns” Baekhyun muttered with a smirk “Show is about to start”

“And you are watching with us, Chae-Yeong” Jongdae grinned at me widely, making me gulp. I have no idea what they want to do but I’m not about to find out. I tried pushing past them again but it only resulted in me being showed back into the lockers.

“Don’t anger us, Chae-Yeong” Baekhyun glared at me, making me glare back at him “We are way nicer than Sehun”

“Nicer my ” I snapped at him, making him narrow his eyes at me.

“Oh Sehun!” Park Sooyoung screeched again, now in full view. Her long, dyed red hair, almost reached her . Her skirt was way too short, no uniform skirt is that short. Her back was straight as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“Yes?” Sehun raised his eyebrows boredly at her “Now what did I do?”

“Did you forget about calling me back?” Sooyoung raised her perfect eyebrows. By now the whole hallway was sneakily watching the ‘top’ couple of this elite high school.

“When? I can’t remember well” Sehun scratched his head, making the boys snicker. Baekhyun punched Jongdae as he nodded, holding back his loud laughter.

“Honey” Sooyoung smiled way too sweetly, even a blind person would know it’s fake...maybe not a blind one, but you get the point!

“You promised to call me” Now she was leaning into Sehun, a finger travelling down his chest “I wanted to have some fun”

“Sorry, baby” Sehun smirked, leaning closer, pulling her in by her waist. I rolled my eyes, trying again to walk away only to be held back by Jongdae. I growled at him, making him raise his eyebrows at me curiously.

“Honey, I missed you” Sooyoung whispered seductively and I gagged. I couldn’t keep it in myself. It was already too much for my stomach, now I won’t be able to eat my lunch. Baekhyun and Jongdae chuckled at my reaction, because even though we disliked each other, they felt the same way I did.

“Baby, I could make up for it now” Sehun muttered, suddenly kissing Sooyoung.

“May I go now?” I looked up at the two taller boys that were still holding me back.

“Well, the fun part is over” Baekhyun looked like he was thinking.

“But” Jongdae smirked evilly “You get to watch something you will never experience”

“Yeah, you should at least watch it if you will never get it” Baekhyun smirked again, turning my head towards Sehun and Sooyoung. Sooyoung was pressing Sehun against the lockers, devouring each other’s lips. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. It’s not like I don’t like people kissing, it’s just that I’m made to watch two people that I obviously can’t stan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter