54장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Maybe we stood out in the cold Spring breeze for ten minutes, maybe for five or maybe for a whole hour. I’m not sure, time seemed to pass slowly in Sehun’s arms. His chest still moved up and down quickly, but he stopped sobbing, only sniffing was heard. He still held me firmly in his arms like he was afraid I would leave him there. How could I do something like that? My fingers slightly trembled as I ran them through his hair, trying to calm him more. Maybe it worked because his grip loosened and I slowly let go of him. Sehun looked down at me, wiping his cheeks, eyes red. I took a step back, wrapping my arms around me.

“Let’s go” Sehun croaked out, sniffling again as he walked towards his car. I bit my lower lip, quietly going to the passenger seat. Is he really fine to drive right now? I can’t drive and even if I can walk away, Sehun lives twenty minutes from here by car, I can’t leave him in the middle of the street alone.

Sitting inside the car, I quietly waited for Sehun, hands resting in my lap. He the heat once again and I didn’t complain this time, knowing well I should probably leave him alone. He sighed loudly, leaning his head against the wheel.

“I--I’m--Just don’t tell anyone, okay?” He muttered quietly and I cleared my throat.

“Okay” I answered, biting my lower lip. Who could I tell? It’s not like I’ll go running to Kyungsoo or Wendy. The car roared to life but before it would actually move, I felt warmness around my left hand. Looking at Sehun surprised, his eyes were on my hands as he took my left hand in his. My eyes widened and I wanted to ask what he was doing and shrug it off but he looked so helpless, I would have felt really bad if I did it. His palm was cold and I didn’t complain when he squeezed my fingers between his too much. If this will make him feel better, I won’t stop him. He’s feeling already down, I don’t want him to feel worse because of me. Pulling back onto the street, Sehun drove down the empty street, one hand on the wheel while the other held my hand firmly. I couldn’t ignore the quick heartbeat of my heart and the heat coming from my ears. Why do I still feel like this around him? We’ve been through so much, it’s really confusing and bothersome. If I could choose not to feel, I would do it.

Sehun pulled up in front of my house, hand still holding mine. I turned towards him, watching his profile. He looked tired from and his red eyes weren’t helping the situation.

“Go home and get some rest” I told him, trying to pull my hand away tenderly. Sehun didn’t say anything, he just nodded and after a squeeze to my hand, he let go as if I had shocked him with electricity. Taking my backpack, I glanced at him for a last time before getting out of the car. I barely closed the door and he already speed down, making me jump. Be careful, Sehun, you can’t play with your life like that.

 

     The next day I woke up a little late and I was almost late to school, but dad decided to give me a ride and I made it in time. Even though I don’t like people seeing my parents at school, sometimes a little ride is good, just like today. I flung the backpack on my shoulder, struggling a little as sleep seemed to linger in my body. I had to be done in ten minutes, I wouldn’t be surprised if I still have toothpaste on my mouth. Furrowing my eyebrows, I carefully wiped at my mouth. Walking towards the hallway where my locker was, I hummed, looking around. The school seemed calmer today, less loud. It was a nice feeling, being ignored was definitely better than being pointed at. Nearing my locker, Jongdae and Sehun were walking towards me and I offered them a small smile. Sehun will be angry if he realizes I’m treating him like he’s fragile, but until he figures I might as well do what I intend to do. Even though Sehun seemed to not have seen me, I still planned on greeting him. He might have not been focused.

“Good morning--” The words died down in my mouth, as Sehun and Jongdae passed beside me like I was thin air. Eyebrows furrowing, I turned after them, seeing Jongdae laugh about something. Sehun’s back was straight, hands inside his pockets and once again uniform worn normally. Sehun never wears his uniform normally, this can’t mean anything good. Filled with confusion, I opened my locker and got out my books, closing it back loudly. Why would Sehun ignore me like that? Is it because he perhaps is embarrassed? I told him I wouldn’t tell anyone, he shouldn’t be concerned about that.

“Chae-Yeong” Someone called my name and I turned around, Junmyeon hurrying towards me.

“Do you mind if we speak a little bit?” He asked, panting a little bit.

“Did something happen?” I asked, eyebrows furrowing.

“No, don’t worry” He flashed me a small smile which was quickly gone “Let’s go to a quieter place”

Yet it was quiet in this hallway too, why would we go somewhere else? I still followed Junmyeon silently, up the stairs to the second floor. We stopped between two staircases and Junmyeon turned around, facing me.

“I guess you have something to speak with me about” I muttered, gripping my books tightly.

“It’s about Sehun” Junmyeon muttered quietly, looking around.

“What about him?” I raised my eyebrows, a little frightened. Did Sehun tell him about yesterday? Was Junmyeon mad now?

“Those bruises, he lied didn’t he?” Junmyeon looked impatient and I quickly shrugged.

“Depends on what he told you”

“Some kids beat him up” Junmyeon shook his head “I know he’s lying, but I can’t get the truth out of him, do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter