46장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Weirdly, I felt the sun beaming on my face. Which is unusual since I sleep with my curtains drawn and it’s still dark inside the room when I wake up. Plus, there was a numb feeling in my neck, my back sore as well. I groaned as I tried rolling onto my side, but my head was only buried more into something warm and soft. What happened, even my left arm was feeling really sore, let’s not talk about my . Suddenly, there was a knock on my door and I slightly jumped.

“Song Chae-Yeong!” My mother hollered from outside my door “Your school starts in--why is your door locked? Chae-Yeong?”

My eyes suddenly shot open, realizing what was happening, what happened at night coming back at full force. The first thing I saw were Sehun’s wide and panicked eyes. I tried ignoring the close proximity our faces were at, face heating up despite the panic I was feeling as well.

Raising my head, I turned towards my door, “I know mom! I’ll be down soon!”

“That’s right young lady, I’m not your father to pamper you like a baby!” Mom said from outside the door, her footsteps fading as she walked away. I closed my eyes, thanking god we weren’t caught and Sehun exhaled loudly as well. I felt numb all over and it was all Sehun’s fault, if he didn’t ask me to stay beside him I could have comfortably slept on the bed made on the floor. Fingers flexed against mine and I realized Sehun and I were still holding hands, my face flaming up more. I tore my hand away, making sure Sehun couldn’t see my face. It was quiet in my room as Sehun shuffled around, probably sitting up in my bed.

“What are we gonna do?” He whispered, well aware that if we are caught, we are both dead.

“Obviously, I need to go to school” I whispered back, running a hand through my messy hair. I didn’t even care how I looked at the moment, it’s not worth it, it’s just Oh Sehun.

“You can’t!” Sehun exclaimed, making me turn sharply towards him.

“Keep it down!” I hissed, internally flinching when I saw his bruises in the light. It was dark at night, I didn’t actually see the whole damage done. Sehun’s jaw was almost black and his bruised lips didn’t look better either. He had a few blue bruises at the base of his neck that got lost underneath my father’s t-shirt, without a doubt continuing downwards.

“I can’t stay at home, Sehun. We both have school, we are both supposed to go” I told him quietly, watching Sehun’s eyes widen a little bit.

“You think I can go to school like this?” He pointed towards his face, scoffing when I shrugged “I can’t, okay? And I’m not staying in this house alone”

“Then you will leave, who said you can stay in this house anyways?” I scoffed, standing up as Sehun crossed his arms in front of his chest. He looked so casual like he wasn’t even the Oh Sehun I know.

“I’m not leaving, Chae-Yeong. I’m not going home, I told you I’m not staying alone” He glared at me as I rolled my eyes, pulling the blanket off his lower body.

“Not my business, I don’t have to do what you tell me. Go to Junmyeon, Jongdae...I don’t exactly care--”

“I’m not going, I don’t want them to know I’m back yet...okay? I’m staying here, with you” Sehun rose from the bed, making me step back as he towered over me.

“Listen, there’s no way you are staying here!” I stared up at him, getting angry with his antics “If my parents find out, it will end ugly. You can find some place to stay at, I am very sure”

“I said” Sehun’s voice was low as he gazed into my eyes, “I’m staying with you”

I scoffed, a shiver still running down my spine. Who was he to tell me what to do? I didn’t stay for more than a night at him. No way in hell he is staying here so that my parents catch us and get me in trouble, as well as himself too.

“Sehun, you can’t--”

“Song Chae-Yeong!” My mother’s angry voice came from downstairs, both our eyes widening.

“You need to hide!” I said panicked, rushing to take the bedding I placed on the floor for myself.

“Where? And what will you do--”

“Chae-Yeong!” My mom shouted again, already walking up the stairs.

“Take this” I showed the bedding in Sehun’s arms, making him furrow his eyebrows “Hide in the bathroom, stay quiet!”

“What will you do, Chae-Yeong--”

“Sehun, shut up!” I hissed as I pushed him inside my bathroom, closing the door with urgency. I could already make out my mom’s hard steps coming closer and closer, I ran to unlock my door before jumping inside my bed, making it even more messy. Just as the door opened, I threw the blanket over me, realizing it smelled completely like Sehun. If my mom will feel it, I’m dead.

“Chae-Yeong, what in the hell!” My mom looked at me angrily “Your first class starts in fifteen minutes and you are still in bed?”

Mustering up my courage, I made the most innocent eyes I could as I gazed at mom.

“I know, mom” My voice was hoarse as I tried looking sick “But I don’t feel well”

“What do you mean?” The anger disappeared from mom’s face as worry took its place.

“I have a headache” That wasn’t a complete lie, I did actually feel a headache coming my way “And my tummy hurts”

“How long did you stay up?” Mom walked further inside, hands on her hips.

“I was in bed by one o’clock” Another lie, I prayed she did actually believe me.

“It’s because you stayed up so long, now your body is weak” Mom sighed as she leaned over me, pulling the blanket off me. I glanced past her and my eyes widened when I saw the bathroom door very slowly opening and one pair of eyes peeking out. I wanted to scream at Sehun or at least make some signal for him to close the door, but then my mom would have caught us. My mom placed a hand over my forehead and shook her head.

“You are lucky you don’t have a fever” She rose back up, her eyebrows furrowing “What’s with this smell?”

Oh no, she felt it. Glancing towards Sehun, I could see as he visibly paled. Of course, he would use a strong cologne making it harder for me.

“Didn’t you use a new rinsing lotion?” I prayed to god that would stop mom from reading more into it “I remember you telling me a few weeks ago”

“I told you?” Mom looked surprised for a second before she nodded “That’s true, I must have forgot” I smiled at her, biting my lower lip anxiously. Can she exit now? She stayed long enough inside my room.

“You can stay home and rest today, I’ll go and call the principal. Make sure you get the lessons” Mom looked at me sternly and I nodded, almost smiling when she finally started walking towards my door. Right as I was about to exhale she turned back around, looking confused.

“I found some tennis shoes in the hallway, where did they come from?”

“Oh, those--those--aren’t they dad’s?” I played dumb, widening my eyes.

“No, your dad doesn’t wear shoes like that” Mom shook her head, already halfway closing the door.

“I found them on our porch and thought it was dad’s, sorry” I muttered, watching Sehun alarmed as he opened my bathroom door fully.

“I threw them out, don’t worry” Mom chuckled, glancing back “And rest today”

“Okay, bye mom” I smiled a little at her, falling back into my pillows when she closed the door back.

“She threw my shoes out?” Sehun whisper shouted, eyes accusing.

“You heard her” I shrugged, staring up at my ceiling and thanking god we didn’t get caught like I was expecting it. I’m glad my mom believed me so easily, she always sent me to school even if I was sick.

“Those were expensive” I could hear the irritation in Sehun’s voice.

“I bet you have other hundreds like that, get over it” I rolled my eyes, sitting up.

“No, that was the only modell from that brand” Sehun said it like I just said the dumbest thing ever.

“Oh wow, do I look like I care?” I rolled my eyes again, raising from the bed and locking my door again, making sure mom wouldn’t enter again.

“Is your mom going to be home the whole day?” Sehun asked as he sat on my bed.

“No, she leaves in half an hour” I muttered, taking the bedding out from the bathroom.

“Great, so we have plenty of time--”

“Not really, my dad is a journalist, he’ll be home early today” I corrected him, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“Amazing, so we have to work something out. I can’t hide all the time in your bathroom--”

“Sehun, you are not staying here!”  I stared at Sehun wide eyed, not believing that he couldn’t understand what I was telling him.

“Then where will I stay?” Sehun scoffed, glaring at me.

“I don’t know, okay? How about your own apartment?” I scoffed, returning his glare.

“Are you dense? Didn’t I tell you I’m not going back there yet? Jongdae’s grandma lives in the same building, the old witch will tell Jongdae I’m back if she sees me...which is also inevitable with Yoonseok around” Sehun muttered, shaking his head when I huffed.

“I can’t believe this really is happening…” I muttered to myself, going to my closet.

“What are you doing?” Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed when I started taking out some clothes.

“Obviously changing, I’m not staying in pajamas the whole day” I rolled my eyes, knowing well he couldn’t see me. Since I wasn’t going to school, there was no reason for me to dress into the uniform and I look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter