53장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    The morning breeze was refreshing as I neared the school. It felt pleasant to walk around in a coat, dressed lightly. The chilling air of the winter always bothered me, I’m a summer girl. Dressing warmly is really not my thing, I prefer wearing light clothes and a few, perfect for summer.

The school was already filled with students when I entered, few glancing towards me with interest. The rumors of Sehun and I were spreading quickly in school and I really wish Sehun would just ignore me so that things would go back, somewhat calm down from this ruckus. I hate being once again the center of the attention, and maybe he didn’t do it on purpose this time, but it’s still Oh Sehun’s fault. I rounded the corner and jumped when Kyungsoo appeared in front of me.

“Good morning” He grinned, leaning against the wall.

“Morning” I greeted back, watching him.

“How are you?” He asked, pushing off the wall as I followed him to my locker.

“Good, but all these rumors bother me” I muttered, glancing around me. Jongdae was at the lockers already, his laughter carrying down the hallway.

“It’s Sehun’s fault” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes “Did you do something?”

“No!” I exclaimed, cheeks flushing at the outburst “Of course not, why would I?”

“I don’t know, I’m just trying to figure things out here” Kyungsoo shrugged as we arrived to my locker.

“Morning!” Jongdae called loudly and Kyungsoo smiled at him, nodding his head in his direction. Sehun was chatting with Junmyeon, head leaned against his locker. I turned around before he could catch me looking at him.

“What’s your first class?” Kyungsoo asked, leaning against Wendy’s locker.

“Uhm, literature” I muttered, placing my backpack inside and looking for my book.

“I’ll walk you to class” Kyungsoo said with a smile and I looked at him, returning it. I felt eyes on me and for a reason I knew who it was coming from.

“You don’t have to bother” I shook my head, closing my locker back.

“It’s not a bother, you know that well” Kyungsoo chuckled and I nodded, leaning against my locker.

“How about…” Kyungsoo trailed off, eyes looking past me “Let’s not have lunch in school, let’s grab something after it!”

“Oh” I bit my lower lip, mentally checking my schedule for today, I have one free hour before my shift starts after school, “I’d love that”

“Oh, great!” Kyungsoo grinned, pushing off the locker “That ramen place or do you want to eat at some fancy place?”

“Oh, no” I chuckled, slightly confused when Kyungsoo walked closer “That ramen place is really fine, plus it’s close to my work place and we can stay longer then”

“Yeah, that’s right” Kyungsoo’s smile turned tight and a frown fell on my face as I turned around at the loud voices. A big group of the football team was heading our way. I flinched at the loud voices and it seemed like even Jongdae’s good mood disappeared.

“Hey there” Jackson greeted with a big grin, quickly hugging me.

“Hi, Jackson. How are you?” I smiled at him, happy to see him. I haven’t seen him around regardless our lockers are next to each other.

“Oh, I’ve been so busy these past days. I’m glad to see you. How are you?” Jackson asked, running a hand through his wet hair.

“Great actually” I smiled, glancing at Kyungsoo who stood beside me with a small glare. He looked cute, I have to admit that. Jackson followed my gaze and a chuckle left his lips as my cheeks flushed a little bit.

“Yeah, I’ve made more friends” I admitted quietly.

“Oh, that’s so great!” Jackson exclaimed “Wendy is a bad influence, it’s good to hear that” I laughed, shaking my head. These two never failed to say something negative about the other, once the chance given they don’t hold back.

“Wendy is a good influence, you are just jealous I hang out more with her than with you” I winked at Jackson and he laughed, nodding his head quickly.

“I was caught” Jackson leaned in to hug me again, taking a step away, glancing behind me.

“I think your friend doesn’t like me” Jackson whispered loudly, Kyungsoo could hear it too “He’s been glaring at me all this time”

I glanced behind me and laughed quietly, turning back to Jackson.

“I’m pretty sure Kyungsoo isn’t glaring at you” I smiled at Jackson and he grinned.

“Hopefully, I’m just a friend here” He winked and quickly ran to his friends.

“I wasn’t even glaring at him” Kyungsoo scoffed, crossing his arms in front of him “I’ve been glaring at Yugyeom”

“Yugyeom? He’s here?” My eyes widened and I looked around, and there he was, standing behind Jackson with a smirk. Apparently he was already watching me, his smirk only spread when I returned the glare.

“Let’s go, I don’t want to cause a scene so early in the morning” Kyungsoo grumbled, grabbing my hand.

“Okay” I muttered, gripping my book tightly to my chest. I didn’t want Kyungsoo to hold my hand in front of so many people, but maybe I should be like Sehun. Maybe I shouldn’t care. The hallway was quiet without Jongdae’s loud laugh and I willed myself to quickly glance in their direction. The boys were now quietly speaking, however, Sehun wasn’t focusing on them, he was looking my way. I gulped, feeling bad for ignoring him, but it’s better like this, I don’t get hurt like this. Sehun gulped and his eyes trailed down, I realized to where my hand was. He was staring at Kyungsoo’s and my hands, and suddenly I felt weird. I held his hand a few times too, and it felt so different from Kyungsoo’s. Kyungsoo’s hand is always warm and it gives off a reassuring vibe, something that says he’ll always be there for me. With Sehun, his hand is so big, my smaller palm fits perfectly into his and his hands aren’t always warm, yet they give off a secure feeling. It’s weird and I don’t like it, why does it have to be so different the two of them?

“Let’s go” I tugged on Kyungsoo’s hand as I quickly walked away, leaving Yugyeom and Sehun both in the hallway, staring after us.

 

End of school approached and I found myself smiling as I got my backpack. I didn’t see much of Baekhyun today and neither of Sooyoung. Baekhyun’s locker was in a different hallway, so he usually was here because of Sehun and the others. But since Sehun broke up with Sooyoung, it seems like Baekhyun wasn’t speaking to the others anymore, but I did see him around Minseok and sometimes Jongin too. I don’t understand how those two can be friends with someone like Baekhyun, but then, Kyungsoo is friends with Sehun and they are opposites as well. The hallway was packed as I closed my locker and secured the backpacks straps on my shoulder. A kid was running down the hallway without really minding others and he almost ran into me. I huffed as I stared after him quite annoyed, can’t he watch out? People are trying to leave in one piece this school!

“Freshmans are so annoying” I jumped at the low voice “They don’t know their place around here”

“You were a freshman once too” I looked up, startled to find Sehun’s eyes looking directly into mine.

“But I knew my place around, never stepped out of line” He muttered, rolling his eyes.

“If bullying doesn’t count as stepping out of line…” I trailed off, looking away from the glare Sehun directed towards me.

“What are you doing now?” He asked, voice tight as he seemed to ignore what I said a few seconds ago.

“Going to work” I lied, avoiding his eyes.

“I’ll give you a ride then” Sehun grabbed my forearm and pulled me after him abruptly.

“What?” I exclaimed, eyebrows furrowing “No,I--I can go on my own”

“It’ll be less bothersome” Sehun said, glancing back at at me. I bit my lower lip, huffing a little. I don’t want to tell him I’m actually having lunch with Kyungsoo, but why?

“Seriously, Sehun...stop!” I exclaimed, pulling out of his light grip “There are already enough rumors about us and before you say you don’t care, I care! I’m not you, my life isn’t all rainbows and sunshine”

“You still really think my life is like that? After everything…” Sehun muttered, a hurt look crossing his face. I opened my mouth but closed it back, unable to answer him. Do I still think that? No, but I still don’t know how to feel about everything. I am still confused about many things and Sehun is only adding to those things.

“I have to go” I muttered, glancing at him before quickly walking away. Kyungsoo and I decided to meet at the bus station and then we’d walk to the ramen place. When I got there, Kyungsoo was already waiting for me, a smile on his lips when he spotted me.

“Ready?” He asked, excitement lacing his voice. Forgetting about Sehun, a small smile spread on my lips.

“Yeah” I muttered shyly and let him take my hand, intertwining our fingers.

“Did Sehun bother you much today?” Kyungsoo asked as we walked down the sidewalk.

“Not really, he just stared a lot” I muttered, looking at the ground as we walked.

“He does that when he wants to get the other person’s attention” Kyungsoo shook his head “I don’t see what his problem is now”

“He doesn’t bother me like he used to...he’s more like, never leaving me alone as in he always wants to bring me to places” I shrugged, Kyungsoo remained silent.

“Maybe, he realized how wrong i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter