11장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Tiredly taking the bus home made me wish I had a car I could drive. But due to my financial state, I can’t afford a car nor to pay the fees for the school. I’m just glad buses exist to take us to most places.

Dragging myself inside, I leaned against the front door, closing my eyes. It felt good to be home, where I was safe and hidden from all the bad people.

“Chae-Yeong?” Mom called, walking into the hallway.

“Yes?” I opened my eyes, gazing at mom.

“I got you a new number” She smiled at me, making me walk towards her.

“Really?” I asked surprised, making her nod.

“Bo-Yeong and your dad already have it, me too” She handed me the card, making me nod at her.

“Okay, thank you” I smiled a little, taking it from her.

“Go and shower, eat and go to bed okay?” Mom patted my shoulder, making me nod. I headed for the stairs, but mom caught my arm.

“Chae-Yeong, what happened a few days ago?” She asked curiously “I know that you cried”

“Oh, that--” I shrugged, pulling my hand away “All the stress from school got to me”

“Are you sure it’s nothing else?” Mom asked, becoming worried.

“Yeah, don’t worry” I shrugged, walking further up the stairs. Obviously, I won’t tell mom about being bullied, at least not yet, not until Bo-Yeong is better.

After taking a warm shower, I layed in my bed with my pyjamas on, staring at the ceiling. Today was a weird day and I don’t know how to feel about. I fought with Oh Sehun, something I haven’t done in long. Usually he was with his minions around, but now it was just the two of us. And it seems I got him when I brought up the past. It was true, Oh Sehun was a crybaby. In my first year in this high school, usually when I had breaks, I went to the back of the school. There, was usually sitting a boy, leaning against the wall, crying. He was always crying, always out. I didn’t understand what was wrong, but I ignored him since it really wasn’t my business to know what was with him. Later, I found out he was the Oh Sehun a boy that later became the devil he is today. I don’t know why he became like this, but I guess it’s not exactly my business and I’m really not curious about it.

 

Next day I walked inside the school with a hurry, heading for my locker. The school was already pretty much full, but I was too busy with worrying of being late to my first class. Opening my locker in a rush, I threw inside my backpack and took out the paper I had due today. Like some deja-vu, it was snatched from my hands.

“Philosophy again?” Jongdae asked, his eyebrows raised. He was alone, which was pretty surprising.

“Yeah” I muttered, waiting for him to hand it over.

“Did you get a good grade for you first paper?” He asked, seeming really interested.

“Yeah” I muttered again, feeling slightly uncomfortable. I really don’t know how to act around Jongdae when he’s nice, or at least pretending he’s nice.

“You’ll get a good grade for this too” He gave a small smile as he handed it back.

“Uh, okay” I took it awkwardly, looking around.

“Sehun’s already in class if you’re looking for him” Jongdae said with a chuckle making me glare at him for a bit.

“I’m not”

“I know, I was just joking” He cleared his throat, looking down the now emptying hallway “Baekhyun told me you changed your number”

“How does he know?” I asked confused.

“He’s been calling you too...just to tease you, of course” He chuckle, shrugging a little.

“So nice of him” I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

“It was a smart idea to do that” Jongdae muttered, nodding to himself “I agree that Sehun went too far this time”

“You were involved too, so why are you telling me this now?” I raised my eyebrows at him, curiosity filing me.

“We are friends, so yeah” Jongdae shrugged.

“Okay” I nodded, heading for class.

“Don’t let him win, yeah?” Jongdae winked, walking away too. With a huff, I walked to class. Why is he suddenly nice and saying things like that? He’s fake like everyone else in this school.

Walking to my locker when the bell barely rang was never a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter