17장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    The end of school approached quickly and after what happened in the locker rooms, nothing happened. Everyone seemed to be pretty busy with their business and even when I saw them in the hallway, Jongdae avoided my eyes. Was it just me or did he look like he felt guilty or maybe bad? Pushing it to the back of my mind, because it was just probably me imagining things, I took my bag and walked out the class almost getting an elbow into my stomach. I sighed, knowing that it was unavoidable to not get someone kick you while you were exiting the school, after all everyone was rushing to get home. Shimmying against the lockers and walls, I made it out without getting pushed or kicked by anyone. However, my happiness soon disappeared when I ran into something by the outdoor stairs. I groaned, holding my stomach where it stung now.

“Chae-Yeong!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, pulling his bike away from me “Are you okay?”

“I wasn’t looking, sorry” I gulped down the pain, trying to smile but I know my pain was visible.

“Sorry, I should have made sure no one was behind me, sorry” Kyungsoo muttered, looking guilty.

“Don’t worry” I brushed my hair behind my shoulders “It happens”

“Do you want to go together? I could give you a ride” Kyungsoo offered with a small smile.

“Oh, but you are with a bike” My eyebrows furrowed as I eyed the dark blue bike I ran into a few minutes ago.

“You can sit in the basket” Kyungsoo said with a chuckle, making me shake my head furiously.

“I’ll pass today, Kyungsoo” I said with a chuckle “Maybe some other time”

“So, I have a chance then?” Kyungsoo smiled widely at me, making me flush red. I forgot about his crush on me and now I felt like I might have given him the wrong idea.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t mean it like that” Kyungsoo winked like he just read my thoughts. I flushed redder, biting my lower lip embarrassed.
“So, uhm” I cleared my throat “I have to catch the bus now so I have to go…”

“Okay” Kyungsoo muttered quietly “So, I’ll see you tomorrow”

“Yeah” I nodded and slowly walked away, feeling Kyungsoo’s eyes on me. For the first time, I actually left school with a smile on my face. However, that was short lived because someone ran into me, like, entirely into my back and I almost cried out in pain.

“Whops” Baekhyun pouted as he came to walk beside me “Did I hurt you?”

“Did you plan to?” I glared at him, recovering from the strong collision.

“Well…” Baekhyun smirked, his eyes full of mocking “A little bird told me that you might be hurt, I just wanted to check for myself”

“I bet that bird isn’t even that little” I scoffed, starting to walk again. Baekhyun started laughing loudly, surprising me as people glanced our way.

“That’s true, but at least she did her job well” I scoffed, walking towards the gates as Baekhyun went to Minseok’s car, who would take him and the others home. I walked to the bus stop, plugging in my headphones once again and sitting down on the small bench, waiting for my bus. I missed the one I usually take thanks to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, but the next one should come in five minutes, which would take me to the hospital. Thanks for being late and having to sit and wait, I saw as Minseok drove away in front of the bus station, Baekhyun waving at me from the passenger seat. I pretended I didn’t see it as I looked down at my feet, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear. As I looked up, Sehun’s unmistakable white Porsche Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, slowly drove down the road. I stared after him, being unused to him going at a normal speed, usually Oh Sehun would speed down, not drive at a legal speed. My thoughts were interrupted as I spotted the bus coming closer and closer to the station, signaling it was time for me to go.

 

The bus ride usually didn’t take more than fifteen minutes and sometimes listening to music and staring out the window made me really sleepy, but today I gave up my place to an older lady so I felt really awake having to hold tightly in order not to fall. The bus stopped at the station a few meters from the hospital. I got off the bus and headed for the passageway, the traffic light showing red for us. I stopped, waiting for it to turn green, a car catching my eyes. It was a white Porsche, the exact same model as Sehun’s car. I couldn’t see inside since the windows were tinted, but a frown fell on my face. Was it really Sehun’s car or just the same model? The light turned green, snapping me out of my thoughts once again, and I crossed the street sneaking a glance at the white car. I couldn’t see much because the guy’s head was lowered and he was wearing a basketball cap, but he was definitely a guy. My eyes narrowed at him, was that really Oh Sehun and he was trying to hide from me? Was he following me or was I imagining things? I couldn’t stare longer because the light was about to turn red so I quickly hurried on the sidewalk and entered the hospital, seeing the car take a right turn...that was the hospital’s parking lot. Ignoring my paranoid feelings, I made my way to the front desk, greeting the nurse.

“Chae-Yeong, how are you?” Miss Yoon smiled at me, flipping a dosar closed.

“Pretty good” I smiled back at her, suddenly remembering my bruises. I just have to act like everything is fine...doctors can’t see through clothes, right?

“Bo-Yeong was brought back to her room last night, she’s allowed visitors” Miss Yoon said softly.

“Okay, I’ll go up to her then”  I bowe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter