43장

Façade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

    Maybe it was just me, but even the weather felt dull. It wasn’t exactly cold outside today, but the sky was covered in dark clouds and I felt somewhat down. I just woke up feeling like that, empty. Which was weird, and I don’t understand why I would feel like it. After all, yesterday was beautiful and I had fun with Kyungsoo.

Walking inside school, I looked around to see if everyone else was feeling like me but I was proven wrong when most students had a smile on their faces or were laughing with their friends. Maybe yes, it was just me that was feeling this way...which started becoming more and more confusing since I had no idea why. It’s not like something was missing, that’s very stupid, nothing was missing. Approaching my locker, I couldn’t miss Jongdae, who looked worse than me, head thrown back as he was leaning against Sehun’s locker. Sehun wasn’t here, again. It was already Wednesday and he’s been gone for long, something that never happened before. Sehun was a good students despite his behavior and he couldn’t afford missing classes if he wanted to maintain his place. But his absentee was slowly dragging down his good reputation he maintained among the teachers so far.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I opened my locker trying to ignore the loud sigh that came from Jongdae. He looked tired and worried, which he probably was because of Sehun. Taking my Maths book out, I closed my locker and turned around, ready to head for class. But I couldn’t take even a step when I saw the way Jongdae was looking at me. He looked desperate, even scared. Something in my heart got pulled as my stomach dropped and suddenly a fear invaded my whole body...what if something happened to Sehun? Was he good? Why was he ignoring all of his friends?

“Are you okay?” I found myself asking, voice sounding quite shaken which was weird...because why would I even feel something towards Sehun?

“No, I’m not” Jongdae’s voice was stern laced with tiredness.

“Is this because of Sehun?” I continued, hoping he’d say no...but of course that wasn’t the case.

“Yes, I don’t know where he is and he won’t answer his phone! He never did this before and I’m really scared something bad happened to him and--”

“Jongdae, calm down” I cut through his words, watching as Jongdae’s eyes widened.

“I’m sorry, but I really can’t keep it inside anymore. I haven’t told anyone how I feel--Sehun is my best friend and I care a lot about him--It’s worrying me a lot that he’s gone” Jongdae muttered, biting his lower lip as he stared at the ground. I sighed, gripping my book tightly.

“He’s a big boy, I’m sure he can take care of himself. At least, he never failed to do so in school” I muttered the last part, Jongdae shaking his head.

“No, he’s not a big boy. He’s an idiot who thinks he’s fine on his own, when he’s not. I had to force him to accept to live in the same building as my grandma. He thinks just because his father is gone and his mother isn’t here he can do whatever he wants...but his mother would be very disappointed if she saw what he is doing to you--Mrs. Oh never wanted Sehun to turn into the boy he is today and that’s why she tried hiding her--”

“Jongdae” I gasped, trying to stop him. It looked like he snapped out of his own thoughts as he looked up at me abruptly.

“Please, I don’t want to know more about Sehun’s life it will only get me in trouble. The Sehun I know can take care of himself, besides, he’s eighteen, maybe he decided he wants to have a little fun...no one is stopping him from it if he lives alone” I shrugged, watching as Jongdae looked baffled for a second.

“I’m going to class” I bowed my head a little and quickly walked away before Jongdae could continue whatever he was going to tell me. I did not wish to know more about Sehun and his past, it was none of my business. Knowing too much about him could only bring bad things and I, in no way, wished for something like that to happen. I did have enough of Sehun’s games, I wasn’t asking for anything more.

 

I didn’t get through the day without Baekhyun trying to trip me in the middle of Philosophy class when I was called to the front, but thankfully I didn’t fall and Baekhyun got a notice that if he’ll do something like that again detention would be waiting for him. But thankfully nothing else happened and I was glad when the long break approached and I could leave the classroom and go to my locker. The hallways were packed and I couldn’t miss to hear Sehun’s name here and there. Everyone was wondering where he was and what he was up to. Some were saying he left because he got bored of school, some said he was planning something big for me and that’s why he left to get ready and some were saying that maybe he was called to Busan, where his father lived. Actually, the last one was the most believable but considering how Sehun’s father acted with him at the dinner, I wasn’t sure why he’d go. It was obvious that they weren’t in a very good relationship and my curiosity grew with Jongdae’s words more about Sehun’s mother. What did she hide from Sehun and where was she? Was it that bad? But if she cared so much, why did she leave her son all alone? From Jongdae’s words, Mrs. Oh sounded like a nice and kind person, but then if she was like that...she wouldn’t have left Sehun all alone at such a young age.

Sehun’s friends were hauled around his locker, speaking quietly among themselves. Kyungsoo was there too but when he saw me approaching my locker, he excused himself and walked up to me.

“Hey, slept well?” He asked while leaning against Wendy’s locker.

“Yes and you?” I offered him a small smile as I opened my locker.

“Of course, after such a nice night out...I was dead tired” Kyungsoo chuckled when I rolled my eyes at him.

“We only had dinner and you walked me home--I thought your physical condition was better?” I , Kyungsoo groaned loudly.

“It is good! I did tell you already”

“But teasing you is funnier” I shrugged, closing my locker as I held my lunch.

“Are you going to the canteen?” Kyungsoo asked, eyeing my hands.

“Yes, wanna join?” I smiled at him, some comotion starting at the end of the hallway. He glanced behind me before looking back with an apologetic smile.

“I promised to eat with the guys today, but I can walk you there--” There was a loud slam and I jumped, turning around wide eyed. Roa and Kyulkyung were staring wide eyed at Sooyoung, who looked ready to kill, as they walked towards Sehun’s locker. The conversation the boys were having died out slowly as they watched Sooyoung march up to them.

“Where the hell is Sehun!” She shrieked, glar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter