I Like You? (Chaennie)

Blackpink In Your Area
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie hated feelings.

She loathed talking about them- feelings just made her feel weird and weak and she would never, not even to her best friend, talk about feelings. Jennie went so far as to try and block them out every now and then- it was better that way, instead of thinking and reflecting on them. She never gave herself the chance to, and she thought she preferred it that way- not acting on feelings. It had been so long since she felt anything with anyone that she forgot what it was like- to fall for a person, to have proper feelings.

And then she happened.

Park Chaeyoung, Rosé, Roseanne Park- whichever name you decided to call her on whichever day, it was her. The girl that turned Jennie's world upside down, and Jennie wished she could understand what was going on whenever she saw the girl. She wished she could block out whatever was happening. But it got increasingly difficult when Jennie actually worked with her, and saw her every single day in the cubicle near hers. It got super difficult when she would look up at her with those stupid brown eyes, and wave at her and smile so brightly.

"Hey, Jennie." That bubbly voice piped up, Jennie hearing the smile in her voice even before she looked up from her desk, the pink haired girl beaming down at her. Jennie blinked, clearing and brushing away the skipped beat of her heart, returning with a nervous smile.

"Uh, hi." Jennie replied, immediately cursing herself- uh, hi? Who the says that?

Chaeyoung giggled at her, the girl tucking a stray piece of pink hair behind her ear. Jennie's eyes subtly followed the movement, before she returned them to Chaeyoung's as the girl's mouth began moving again.

"I was just gonna go on my break, and I know yours is around the same time as mine. Did you wanna go get coffee, or something?" Chaeyoung asked, Jennie not missing the pink tinge to her plump cheeks. Jennie's mind didn't register the question right away- her brain fumbled the words around, her heart thumping away in her chest as she processed.

"Huh? Coffee? Like, to drink?" Jennie said. Oh my god, she berated herself. Chaeyoung bit back a laugh, but nodded at her with a slight giggle.

"Yeah. What else would you do with it?" Chaeyoung teased, Jennie's cheeks turning a shade of red as she shot her eyes away, embarrassment filling her. A million curses filled her brain- aimed at herself, for fumbling like an idiot and barely speaking the human language to this beautiful girl next to her. Jennie almost forgot the question that was asked, Chaeyoung waiting patiently near her for an answer. Jennie cleared , glancing up at the girl with a timid smile.

"S-Sure." Jennie stuttered, the wide smile that consumed Chaeyoung's face causing butterflies to fly around in her stomach.

"Great! I'll wait near the elevator for you until your break starts, okay?" Chaeyoung said cheerfully, giving her a slight wave before she walked away from her, Jennie's eyes following her every move until she was out of sight. Jennie blinked once she was alone again, eyebrows pulling together.

"To drink? Jennie, what the ?" She whispered, a groan escaping her lips as she rubbed her face in exasperation. She knows multiple languages- Korean, Japanese, ing English. But she can't seem to speak even remotely human around this girl and it bothered her to no end. She hated it so much, but what she hated the most, was that she didn't hate that girl at all.

If anything, by the way her heart sped up when she saw her patiently waiting near the elevator, as she promised, Jennie could swear she felt something for the girl.

She just wished she could figure out what it was.

~~

"So, any plans for the weekend?"

Jennie gripped her coffee cup, knuckles turning white. Chaeyoung sat across from her, the girl gazing at her and sipping lightly on her own without a care in the world. If only she knew what was happening in Jennie's head and heart right now.

Jennie played with her cup, looking down at it and shrugging her shoulders weakly.

"Playing with my dogs." Jennie blurted, before realizing how stupid and lame that ing sounded. She shut her eyes, shaking her head at herself. She heard a sweet laugh across from her, her heart racing as she opened her eyes and glanced across to Chaeyoung. The girl was smiling brightly at her, the sight filling her with a warmth she'd never felt before. Jennie gulped, smiling shyly. 

"That's so cute! I love dogs." Chaeyoung gushed. Jennie took a sip of her coffee, which was not a good idea when Chaeyoung asked her next question. "Maybe I could come hang out with you and your dogs?"

Jennie swallowed too fast, way too fast that it went down the wrong way and turned her into a sputtering, coughing mess. Chaeyoung was startled, the girl's eyes widening as she leaned over, patting Jennie's back. Jennie coughed into her arm, cheeks burning in embarrassment from choking on her own drink- because of a question.

"Oh my god, are you okay? Is it too hot?" Chaeyoung asked, concern on her features as she glanced between Jennie and her drink. Jennie shook her head, coughing a little more before she cleared loudly, pushing her coffee away from her.

"N-No, um- swallowed it down wrong." Jennie croaked, the sound of her own voice filling her with even more embarrassment. Chaeyoung nodded in understanding, the girl leaning back into her own seat as Jennie recovered from choking. Jennie cleared once more, flitting her eyes up to Chaeyoung's. They were warm, and lovely and Jennie felt her heart skipping several beats in her chest.

"I'd like that." She answered, the look on Chaeyoung's face afterwards giving Jennie the sense that this girl could quite possibly cure cancer with how precious she was.

"Awesome! Let's have a date at the dog park on Saturday, then." Chaeyoung beamed, clapping her hands in excitement. Jennie almost melted into a puddle at how adorable she was- she could feel her knees getting weak and she wasn't even standing. Her mind picked out one word though, and that sent her into a nervous frenzy- date?

Jennie opened to ask about it, when suddenly Chaeyoung gasped and looked at the clock on the wall, standing up from her seat.

"We should probably get back to the office. We're gonna be late if we don't go now." Chaeyoung said. Jennie blinked, nodding and standing up to follow the girl out. They made it back pretty quickly, and they were both walking to their own desks when Chaeyoung turned to her, smile adorning her lips.

"Let me know when to meet on Saturday, okay?" Chaeyoung said, before she turned and walked to her desk, sitting down and getting back to work. Jennie stood there for a moment, before her legs went on autopilot and sent her to her own desk. She plopped down into her chair, trying to get back into her own work.

It was hard when the only word in her mind was "date".

~~

Jennie really should have refused, at least until she figured out what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter