Soulmate (Jensoo)

Blackpink In Your Area
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whoever thought up the crazy idea of soulmates was about to get a punch from Jennie's very own fist.

It's not like she hated the idea of having a soulmate. She was into it just like the rest of the population. The idea of meeting the person she was destined to be with was romantic and sweet, two things that Jennie was on the inside.

The thing she didn't like though was how the universe went about deciding how to find your soulmate.

"Unnie, what happened to your hair?"

Jennie glared at Chaeyoung, the younger girl raising her hands in a mock surrender. Jennie grumbled under her breath, tugging on pieces of her now purple hair.

"It's this ing soulmate thing, Chaeng- clearly, whoever my soulmate is decided to dye their hair purple! Purple for s sake!" Jennie said, unamused. Chaeyoung covered , desperately trying to keep her laughter inside as she watched Jennie fume over her new hair colour.

"Who thought this was a good idea? Who sat down one day and said, 'Oh hey, people of the Earth, here's an idea- whenever your soulmate dyes their hair, that's the colour you're going to get! Haha, have fun.'?" Jennie said, scowl on her face as she continued looking in the mirror at herself. Chaeyoung reached over and patted her shoulder timidly.

"Unnie, don't be angry. It's really not that bad." Chaeyoung said, trying to comfort the older girl. Jennie shot her eyes over to the dark haired girl, eyes boring into her. Chaeyoung squeaked and retreated a bit, ripping her hand away from Jennie's shoulder.

"Chaeng, I have an important meeting today at work. I can't go in there like this!" Jennie whined, walking past Chaeyoung. She flopped down onto her bed, staring up at the ceiling. Chaeyoung joined her soon after, the bed dipping as she sat down next to her.

"Just call in sick, then." Chaeyoung said. Jennie flitted her eyes over to the girl.

"You know my boss. He wants one week notice before I can call in sick." Jennie said, sighing heavily and rubbing her face in frustration. If she ever met her soulmate, they better be cute or else she's going to kill them.

"Right." Chaeyoung said, looking away from Jennie. Jennie sighed again, sitting up on the bed. She stood up and went to her closet, pulling out her outfit for the day. She threw it on the bed, placing her hands on her hips as she stared at it.

"Guess I better go." Jennie said. Chaeyoung nodded and stood up, patting her shoulder as she past her.

"Good luck, unnie!" Chaeyoung said. Jennie just grunted in reply, the dark haired girl leaving her soon after. Jennie stripped out of her pajamas and into her outfit for the day- slacks and a blazer. She looked at herself in the mirror again, her new purple hair standing out like a sore thumb. She groaned in frustration, grabbing her purse and exiting her bedroom. She made her way outside to her car, grumbling all the way.

To hell with being cute. If she meets her soulmate, they're dead.

~~

"Unnie, you know your soulmate is going to have that colour now, right?"

Jisoo glanced at Lisa, then returned her eyes to the road. She smirked at the girl's words, giving her a shrug.

"Oh well." She said. Lisa just sighed and looked out the window as Jisoo continued to drive.

"Of course you'd find ways to mess with your soulmate without even meeting them yet." Lisa said. Jisoo took one hand off the wheel, flipping her recently dyed purple hair.

"Of course." Jisoo said, returning her hand to the wheel. Lisa sighed again, shaking her head. Jisoo giggled and turned into Lisa's driveway, the younger girl stepping out and closing the door. Jisoo rolled the window down when the girl tapped on it.

"Don't you have a job interview today? Why are you going like that?" Lisa asked. Jisoo just shrugged, a smile slipping onto her face.

"Gotta make an impression, Limario." Jisoo said. Lisa groaned, stepping away from the vehicle.

"I told you not to call me that!" Lisa whined, beginning to walk away from the car. Jisoo laughed as the brunette made her way up the steps of her house, entering it soon after. Jisoo pulled out of the driveway, making her way to where her job interview would be held. She ran a hand through her hair, smiling to herself. She hoped her soulmate was having a good day.

~~

"Um, Jennie?" a voice said behind her.

Jennie tensed up, plastering a fake smile on her face as she turned around.

"Yes, unnie?" she answered. Chaelin glanced up at her purple hair, arching an eyebrow. Jennie just smiled awkwardly, trying to mask her nervousness with a laugh. "Oh, this? Yeah, happened this morning." Jennie said. Chaelin stared at her hair, then starting nodding slowly.

"Soulmate?" Chaelin said, a teasing smile on her face. Jennie's face heated up as she nodded, Chaelin taking a sip of her coffee. "Well, good luck with your meeting." Chaelin said, holding in a laugh as she left her alone again. Jennie stood in front of the negotiation room, sighing deeply as she dreaded walking into that room. She cleared and took a deep breath, opening the door and walking inside. All eyes turned to her, all of them glancing upwards to stare at her hair. She bowed p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter