I Count Them (Jensoo)

Blackpink In Your Area
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: so this is like a sequel to the new rules story i made. i meant for it to just be a one shot but now im getting ideas for another chapter so here it is. this will most likely be the only continution for it though. we'll see :p

Her phone rang for the third time that night. She was surprised at herself for how much self-control she had, not picking up the phone on the first ring like she usually did. The ringing stopped as the call went to voice mail, Jennie blocking out the girl's voice coming through her phone. She glanced at her notebook sitting on her desk across her room. She stood up and walked over to the book, staring at the words printed there in her neat handwriting.

"My Rules." was the title. Down the page, Jennie set a list of rules for herself when it came to Jisoo. The three most important rules to her, and yet she's broken them too many times to keep track. She sat in her desk chair and leaned her elbows on the desk, holding her head in her hands. Tears welled up in her eyes, some dropping onto the page in front of her. She wished she was stronger.

Her phone rang yet again, the sound startling her and making her jump. She wiped her eyes and went over to it, looking at the ID despite knowing who it was already. She sighed and answered the phone. She could break her rules one more time, right?

~~

"Jennie, are you even listening to me?" Chaeyoung said. Jennie jumped slightly and shot her eyes up to meet Chaeyoung's. She smiled apologetically and shook her head, making the younger one sigh deeply.

"I said, 'what would you like to eat?' What's up with you? Are you alright?" Chaeyoung said, concern evident in her voice. It wasn't like Jennie to not listen to her, especially when it came to food. Something was wrong.

"Yeah, Chaeng... Don't worry about me. I'm fine." Jennie replied, smiling at the girl across from her. Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes, clearly not buying what Jennie was saying.

"Jen... please. You know you can talk to me, right? And Lisa too. We're always here for you." she said, reaching out to lightly touch Jennie's hand. Jennie stared at the hand on hers, already feeling close up and tears building up in her chest. She pulled her hand away. She had to remind herself that Chaeyoung was only being nice- too nice. She couldn't do this- she needed to leave.

"I'm sorry Chaeng, I- I need to go. I'll text you." she said quietly, already out of her seat and going towards the restaurant exit. She heard Chaeyoung call after her, but she kept going. She walked absentmindedly, not truly knowing where she was going. She just wanted to get away.

When Jennie finally took a rest and looked around to find out where she was, her heart dropped. She ended up outside her house. She smiled bitterly at herself; she should've known her feet would take her here.

She knocked on the door and waited for it to open. She heard footsteps inside and suddenly the door opened, Jisoo standing there and looking at her with surprise on her face- Jennie never came unless she called.

"Jendeukie... What are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Jisoo said, worried. Jennie wanted to scream that it was her- she was what was wrong. She wanted to yell in her face and hit her- wanted her to feel the kind of pain that she did. But she did none of that.

Instead she pulled the girl roughly into a kiss and pushed her inside her house, slamming the door with her foot.

She hated herself.

~~

Chaeyoung and Lisa had never really stayed over at her apartment before. Which she was happy about considering how tiny it was and with three people, it became quite stuffy. But despite all her protests and begging, the two younger girls barged into her apartment with bags and candy, insisting they stay the night with her. Jennie glared at Chaeyoung, clearly the mastermind behind this sudden sleepover. The dark haired girl smiled awkwardly back at her and scurried towards the kitchen, setting out the snacks they bought on Jennie's counter.

"Come on, unnie! It'll be so much fun. Look, we even bought your favourite!" Lisa exclaimed, grabbing the chocolates they had bought earlier that day. Jennie took them and had to smile- they cared so much.

She opened the bag and took a chocolate out, eating it. "Thank you, guys.. You really didn't have to do any of this though." she said.

"Of course we did. You're our friend and we love you. You don't have to say what's bothering you right now... But we're here for you. Always." Chaeyoung said with sincerity in her voice. Jennie almost cried right then and there. She didn't know what she did in her life to deserve such amazing friends, but she was grateful. She brought them both in for a group hug, squeezing them tightly and smiling widely. 

Later that night, the trio sat on Jennie's bed and watched Disney on her TV. Jennie could feel her phone vibrating every so often, the urge to pick it up growing stronger every time. Lisa was too engrossed in the movie to notice right away, but Chaeyoung felt it. She glanced over at Jennie, who was staring at her phone that was next to her leg. She narrowed her eyes to see the ID- reading the name "Jisoo". Chaeyoung's heart fell to her stomach- didn't Jennie get rid of her number?

Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter