The Princess and the Frog (Chaesoo)

Blackpink In Your Area
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, guys! I want you to grab a partner and try acting out a fairytale for the class! Practice a little and then we'll do it all together, okay?"

Chaeyoung watched as the other kids rushed to their little friends, excited to begin the little project. She pouted and looked down at her hands on her desk, fiddling with them. The downside of moving to a new country when you're only five means that you'll have no one to play with, Chaeyoung realized.

The teacher must have seen her by herself because she walked over and crouched down to her level.

"What's wrong, Chaeyoung? Do you not have a partner?" She asked. Chaeyoung didn't reply, just shrugged her tiny shoulders and played with her light blue dress. The teacher frowned and glanced around the room, eyes stopping on another little girl playing around with two others. She smiled and stood up, walking over to her. The little girl looked up at her as she approached, slight fear in her eyes at being in trouble.

The teacher crouched down and smiled at her.

"Hi, Jisoo. Are you having fun?" She asked. Jisoo perked up immediately, nodding her little head rapidly. She grinned at her, some teeth already missing.

"Yes!" Jisoo said. The teacher smiled.

"That's great. But I think there's too many of you in this group." She said. Jisoo pouted, glancing at the other two. Jennie and Lisa, her other friends, linked arms and frowned at her. They said a quick apology and then skipped away to practice by themselves. Jisoo sighed sadly, looking down at the floor.

"Jisoo, come with me. I have someone you can be with." The teacher said sweetly. Jisoo picked her head up, allowing the teacher to take her small hand and lead her over to Chaeyoung. Jisoo only saw the back of her head as they approached, but once they stopped next to her, the little girl looked up at them both.

Jisoo gasped loudly, eyes widening.

"Are you a princess?" Jisoo asked excitedly, pressing her hands onto the desk. Chaeyoung's chubby cheeks turned red as she looked away shyly.

"N-no..." Chaeyoung said quietly. The teacher began backing away, leaving the two little girls to work together.

"No? But you have to be! You're pretty, so you must be!" Jisoo exclaimed. Chaeyoung only blushed more, the girl not used to this kind of attention.

"What's your name?" Jisoo asked. Chaeyoung looked at her, fiddling with her fingers.

"Chaeyoung." She replied. Jisoo grinned widely, crooked smile on her face.

"I like that name! It's pretty, like you." Jisoo said. Chaeyoung smiled shyly, cheeks reddening even more.

"My name's Jisoo, but you can call me Jichyu! Let's be partners! I know a fairytale we can do!" Jisoo said, grin on her face as she grabbed Chaeyoung's hand in her own. Chaeyoung's heart beat quickened as Jisoo led her away from her desk and over to the corner of the classroom. They sat down together, Jisoo excitedly looking at her.

"Okay, princess. I think we should do the Princess and the Frog!" Jisoo said. Chaeyoung blinked at her.

"Why that one? I like Little Mermaid!" Chaeyoung said, pouting.

"Because it makes sense! You're the princess, and I'm the prince that has to be turned back." Jisoo explained. Chaeyoung stared at her, shifting a bit on the floor.

"But you're a girl. How can you be a prince?" Chaeyoung asked. Jisoo rolled her eyes, waving her tiny hand.

"We're just playing! Anyone can be a prince." Jisoo replied. Chaeyoung took in her words as Jisoo continued to explain. "Besides, I think it'll be fun to do this one! Come on, Chaeyoungie." Jisoo said.

Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter