Distance (Chaennie)

Blackpink In Your Area
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: i promised you akadush and im here to deliver some chaennie :) you asked for one about a lil date they had but i must have missed the posts about them or if they were on the ig story i didnt see them im really sorry :( i hope this is an okay chap for you though even if it's not what you asked for. 

"It's been six months today."

"I know."

"Any idea when-"

"No, I don't." Jennie said, looking away from the screen. Chaeyoung watched her through the screen, a slight frown on her lips. Jennie glanced back to her laptop screen, letting out a sigh and giving her a bright smile.

"Chaeyoung-ah, I know it's hard right now. But I promise, right here and right now, I'll find a way to get to you." Jennie said, a slight blush on her cheeks. She was never one to express her feelings outright, nor was she one to be super cheesy, but Chaeyoung had a way to bring it out of her. Always.

Chaeyoung's mood brightened immediately, a smile replacing her frown. Jennie looked away for a moment, rummaging around in her desk that her laptop was sitting on. Chaeyoung watched her curiously, waiting for Jennie to look back at her.

"I wanted to save this for when we met again in person, but seeing your adorable, happy face made it even harder to hide." Jennie said, smile on her face as she pulled the gift out of her desk, holding it up to the camera. Chaeyoung gasped, hands flying to .

"Jennie, you didn't!"

"I did."

"Oh my god." Chaeyoung gushed, heart warming at the Ariel doll in Jennie's hands. Jennie put her down on the desk in front of her, meeting Chaeyoung's eyes again. 

"You like it?" Jennie said. Chaeyoung gave her a look.

"Do bears love honey? Yes, of course I like it." Chaeyoung said, giggling afterwards. Jennie smiled at the sound, nodding in satisfaction.

"Good. You deserve the best." Jennie said, voice going softer as she placed her head on her chin, gazing at her through the screen. Chaeyoung blushed, looking away and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I already have the best." Chaeyoung whispered. She heard Jennie's breath hitch, butterflies filling her stomach when she saw the love in Jennie's eyes. She always felt so happy and giddy with her.

She glanced at the time, a pout coming onto her face.

"I guess you're going to bed soon. It's after one in Korea right now." Chaeyoung said. Jennie looked at the time, a sigh escaping her lips as she nodded.

"Yeah, I should probably get going. One hour difference feels like a lot more." Jennie murmured, tiredness suddenly hitting her. Chaeyoung hummed, leaning in closer to her screen. Jennie watched her, sleepy smile on her face.

"Same time tomorrow?" Chaeyoung asked- though, she knew the answer already. Jennie nodded, sitting up straight. They both leaned in at the same time, kissing their screens and then pulling away. Jennie laughed a little, covering her red face.

"God, so ing cringey." Jennie said, shaking her head. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

"You secretly love it. Now, go to bed. I'll speak to you tomorrow, baby." Chaeyoung said. Jennie sighed once more, before nodding and moving her mouse over the end call button.

"I love you." They said at the same time, both of them giggling after. One last wave from Jennie was all she saw before the call ended, her own face greeting her. 

She sighed deeply, closing Skype and turning off her laptop, deciding to get into bed herself. She crawled under the sheets, turning over and cuddling close to the chipmunk plushie Jennie bought her the last time she visited Australia. She smiled a little, closing her eyes.

She wished she was cuddling someone else.

~~

"God, and then Lisa actually ing did it. I was only joking, but then of course she wouldn't understand that." Jennie said, exasperation in her tone. Chaeyoung listened intently, content in watching her speak. Jennie paused in her story, looking at Chaeyoung.

"What?" She said nervously. Chaeyoung just shook her head, content smile on her face.

"Nothing, just admiring the view. Keep going." Chaeyoung replied. Jennie's face flushed slightly, the girl clearing .

"Oh. Okay, well- where was I?" Jennie said. 

"Lisa stole some girl's drink." Chaeyoung said. Jennie snapped her fingers.

"Right! Anyway, I was clearly just joking about it, but Lisa really went over and snatched it out of her hand and drank it! Honestly, if she wasn't my best friend, I'd hate her."

"You still hate her even if she's your best friend." Chaeyoung teased. Jennie shrugged her shoulders.

"Good point." Jennie said, a tiny smirk on her lips. Chaeyoung giggled, Jennie gesturing to her.

"So, how was your day? Anything exciting happen?" Jennie asked, leaning forward on her elbows. Chaeyoung thought for a moment, before shaking her head.

"No, not really." She said. Jennie frowned.

"Really? Nothing at all? What about the new girl at your work?" Jennie asked. Chaeyoung immediately sighed, Jennie smiling a little as the girl began to rant.

"Oh my god, don't even start. This girl- Jisoo, by the way- really showed up wearing a chipmunk hat. All I'm trying to do is help the girl speak english, but all she does it take a jab at my cheeks." Chaeyoung vented to the girl. Jennie chuckled.

"I mean, they are very cute. And like a chipmunk." Jennie commented. Chaeyoung gave her a look, a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Whatever." Chaeyoung said weakly. Jennie was about to respond, when a door opened inside her room.

The way her room was, was that the desk she had her laptop on was facing the doorway, so Chaeyoung couldn't see who it was. But whoever it was, it made Jennie panic and hit the mute button on her laptop. Chaeyoung suddenly couldn't hear anything, her eyebrows furrowing as she watched Jennie talk to someone.

"Jennie?" Chaeyoung said, confused. Jennie continued speaking with the person, nervousness in her eyes. Chaeyoung watched her, the girl eventually waving the person away and unmuting her laptop.

"Sorry, Chaeng." Jennie said, giving her an awkward smile. Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes slightly.

"Who were you talking to?" Chaeyoung asked. Jennie bit her lip, scratching her cheek.

"Um, no one. Just Lisa coming by to ask if I wanted to hang out. I said no." Jennie said.

Jennie wasn't the best at lying to her.

"Why did you have to mute yourself? I could've said hi to her." Chaeyoung said. Jennie shrugged.

"She wasn't here for very long,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter