Chapter 9

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why didn't you call me when you had the accident?" Jiyong's boss asked after seeing him went in with a crutch.

"I didn't think it was necessary. I have a guardian to take care of things for me anyway." Jiyong said while seated comfortably on the sofa across where his boss was seated.

"A guardian? You didn't have any relatives here that you've mentioned about before."

"She came when I was brought to the hospital."

"Your relative's a she?"

"Yes..?"

Jiyong's boss looked at him suspiciously.

"I know what you're thinking boss. She's really my cousin... You can ask her if you want. She's outside."

"Can I talk to her alone?"

"No prob."

"Okay, I'll do that. Not that I'm being suspicious... I just need to ask her something."

"And what is it?"

"A favor." Mr. Yang smiled meaningfully. "But before that, let me tell you first why I asked you to come here... Don't you think it's about time for people to recognize you as an artist and not just someone whose name's written on every album BigBang has? The Boys are asking when can they include you on the team... as the 5th member."

Jiyong took a deep breath before answering. "Boss, you know I don't want to get the crowd's attention. Doing music is my passion but I'm better off as someone who works behind the scene."

"But people are curious about the person behind BigBang's music. We can't even show them how you look like."

"It's the agreement we had when I signed the contract with you... that you'll keep it a secret."

"I know... I was just hoping time would come that you'll be ready to face a crowd. They'll love you Jiyong... For sure."

"I'm fine with the work I have currently... And I'm sure it won't change at all."

"I was thinking you'll say that which leads me to another topic... BigBang would like you to appear on their music video for their new song... No mentioning of your name, not even a hint of who you are. Just complete appearance and that's all."

"What's the purpose of all these?" Jiyong asked, sensing that his Boss is leading to something.

"We just wanted a new face for the crowd."

"Why not look from the aspiring artists that come here to apply?"

"Why should we bother to look for one when we know there's one among us that would fit what we're looking for?"

"I'm sorry Boss but it's NO."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Can't we make you change your mind?"

Jiyong shook his head, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter