Chapter 30

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara left the YG building and walked around with no specific place to go. The file that Mr. Yang gave her was tucked underneath her arm.

She went in a convenient store after seeing a stand full of chocolates from outside. She got two bars of sneakers and a bottled water and paid using Jiyong's card (he has provided Dara her own card for her to use whenever they're not together).

She decided to go to the Han River park to refresh her thoughts. There's just too much that's boggling her and she just doesn't know where to start.

When she reached the park, she looked for a quiet place and sat on a bench, placed the folder beside her and opened a bar of chocolate.

"I missed you." She spoke to the chocolate and took a bite. "Yum, yum." She savored the taste.

After finishing her chocolate, she drank a portion of the water from the bottle and started browsing the file again.

"Both Jiyong's parents are known in the area of business. They both have their companies they own... chains of businesses even... Uwahh!! That probably explains all the expensive things Jiyong's receiving every month." Dara exclaimed.

"It says here that Jiyong's mom will be coming back after so many years because she's personally invited by the head of Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy to hold a speech for aspiring business owners... and even already existing businessmen and women... That's how big his mother is in the US. Wow!!... And his father's also not someone to be look down upon. Owner of one of the world's known event organizer who already served the US president... and yet they've never given even a single minute of their time to their son? They probably got too engrossed with their work. Too bad, they missed how their talented son grew up." She said with only the birds present to hear her comments.

She saw the contact number for both Jiyong's mom and dad.

Dara sighed. "What should I tell them? How can I start the conversation?... My head's gonna explode now..." She stood up and walked back and forth in front of the bench, looking at the pictures of both Jiyong's mom and dad printed on the file that's scattered were she was seated previously.

"I should do this... for Jiyong... This is for Jiyong, Dara. Just stay focused. You know you can do it." She cheered for herself.

She stared at her phone and battled between calling Jiyong's mom or not. She called the number in the end.

***********

"Hello, who's this?" The voice on the other line sounded authoritative.

"Hi Ma'am..." Dara felt very nervous.

"I'm sorry. I only use this number for personal purposes... I'm not sure how you got my number."

"This is Miss Yu's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter