Chapter 27

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara just finished talking to TOP over the phone and was about to leave the hospital when she saw two familiar figures.

Tiffany was pushing a wheelchair where Jiyong was seated. A big smile was plastered on the latter's face while the former was telling him something.

Dara's chest tightened. She tapped it twice to relieve the uncomfortable feeling.

"Dara, you shouldn't be feeling this way. You should be happy for Jiyong. Stop being ridiculous!" She said to herself.

She turned her back from a tree and hid herself for Jiyong not to see her. Lucky enough, there's no one around so she was able to transform herself to thin air.

"Chae, Bom, Minzy, where are you?" She tried to communicate with the girls mentally.

"At the Fairy Stop. Why?" Bom replied.

"I'll be there in a few." Dara said.

Dara took another glance at Jiyong and Tiffany who were sitting on a bench and happily talking to each other before taking her leave. She smiled sadly.

***********

Dara immediately hugged Chaerin after seeing them and turning herself back to her normal form.

"Hey, what happened?" Chaerin, startled, asked with furrowed eyebrows while rubbing Dara's back.

Dara just hugged her tighter without saying anything.

Bom and Minzy got near them.

"Jiyong?" Bom asked.

Dara nodded. She pressed her forehead on Chaerin's shoulder.

The girls stayed silent and let Dara release her emotion.

Dara's shoulder started to shake and Chaerin felt Dara's tears on hers.

"She's crying." Chaerin said without a sound to both Minzy and Bom.

After a moment of silence, Dara raised her head, tears still flowing on her cheeks.

Minzy wiped it with her handkerchief.

"Sorry for troubling you three today... I just can't hold it in anymore." Dara started.

"What happened?" Chaerin asked, tucking Dara's hair behind her ears.

"Jiyong's in the hospital now." Dara looked down.

"What?! Why?" Bom reacted.

"He's slightly okay now... The thing is that Tiffany's there to take care of him... I thought it would still be okay for me to see them together but I was wrong. It gives me pricking pain in here." Dara touched her chest, tears welled in her eyes.

"Do you want to stop this now?" Chaerin asked.

Dara shook her head. She played with the hem of her shirt. "I have to bear this pain. If Jiyong's happy, I should be contented with that."

"But Dara, you don't have to suffer like this." Bom said.

Dara covered her eyes with her forearm, wanting her tears to stop but her sobs continued.

Minzy hugged Dara's arm. "We can just go back home Dara. You'll be able to forget about him once we leave this realm."

"I can't leave without finishing what I've promised Jiyong. I can't leave him hanging." She said while sobbing. "We're almost there... Just a little bit more and they should be together again. We can leave earlier than the five full moons that I promised mother."

"Can you still hang in there while you're in pain?" Chaerin asked.

"For Jiyong." She wiped her tears.

Bom caressed her back and said, "This is the first time I've seen you like this Dara. Please don't cry anymore. It also hurts us seeing you like that."

"Sorry... I just can't stop this stupid tears from falling. I also hate it when I'm like this. Weak and helpless." Dara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter