Chapter 36

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Month in the Human World

"You've been going out lately... Busy with something?" Jiyong asked.

They were watching a movie in the little theater room in Jiyong's house. He was seated on the sofa while his legs were crossing each other. Dara was seated on the floor while holding a bowl of popcorn.

"Not really... I'm just making sure everything's okay before I go." Dara looked at Jiyong and crinkled her nose.

"Do you want to go to the amusement park tomorrow?"

Dara stared at Jiyong in shock.

"How about Tiffany? Don't you want to bring her there?"

"That's not her thing... She's more on fancy restaurants and shopping." Jiyong said. "Amusement park is for children like you." He pinched her cheek.

Dara pouted. "Amusement park's fun."

"I know... That's why I'm bringing you there... to enjoy."

"Aren't you going out with Tiffany tomorrow?"

"We just went out of town yesterday... She said she has paperwork to finish tomorrow so I'll be free."

Dara placed the bowl of popcorn down and sat beside Jiyong. "You're not joking about the amusement park trip, right?"

"I can cancel it if you want." Jiyong teased.

"Aaahh!! Jiyong!" She reacted.

Jiyong chortled. "I was just kidding... Let's go there as early as it opens. Would that be good?"

Dara nodded with a big smile. "Eeekk!! Excited." She squealed.

"Don't be too excited." Jiyong reminded.

She grinned. "Owkey... Let's focus on the movie now." She went back to her previous seat.

A scene where a mother takes care of her son appeared in the movie which made Dara think of Jiyong.

"Jiyong..."

"Hmm?" He's still focused on the movie.

Dara stood up and sat beside Jiyong again. Her back rested on the arm rest of the sofa while she crossed her legs in an Indian seat position. She was facing him.

Jiyong glanced at her direction and furrowed his eyebrows upon seeing that Dara was just staring at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Can I ask you a question?"

He gave her a questioning look.

"What if you and your parents meet again?... How would you react?"

He was taken aback by the question.

"Is my question too personal?"

"No... I just don't know how to answer that... I never thought about it." He answered.

"Won't you feel excited?" She waited for Jiyong's reply.

"I probably won't be happy."

Dara frowned. "Why?... You've never seen them for so long... Isn't it just right to be excited because you'll be able to see them again?"

"My case is different Dara... They left me, remember? Who would be happy to see the people who neglected them." He sipped soda from his glass and kept his eyes on the television.

Dara played with the hem of Jiyong's shirt. "But you miss them, right?... I saw you looking at your family picture earlier. That means you still want to see them."

Jiyong chuckled bitterly. "I'm looking at it because it gives me the realization of how badly I wanted to change my past. I always wish I was born to a different family... I yearn for parents who would treat me as their own and recognize me for what I can do."

"Jiyong..."

"Stop! Please!"

She was startled by the sudden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter