Chapter 15

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's good you no longer need to use your crutch... but still, you need to be extra careful. Don't bring anything that's more than you can carry." Dara said thoughtfully.

"Yes Doctor." Jiyong replied.

"Do I sound like one?" Dara scratched her head.

Jiyong nodded.

She chuckled. "Are you leaving for work? You don't have any recording to monitor, right?"

"Yes... But I have to review the recording they've done yesterday. There are still a lot of things to do."

"Too hard working. Why don't you give yourself time to unwind?" Dara said while pouring pineapple juice on Jiyong's glass.

They were having breakfast at home.

"This is my way to unwind... I'm more stressed when I go out and see a lot of people."

Dara frowned. "Can't we go out and have some fun?"

"You should have just said it, straight to the point. What you want is to go out and stroll around the city." Jiyong got the egg yolk from Dara's plate.

Dara grinned.

Although it's just been a little more than two weeks that Dara and Jiyong have been together, both have gotten used to each other's action. Dara started liking human food but would not eat the egg yolk on a poached egg and Jiyong would end up eating it. Jiyong's not fond of drinking coffee in the morning so Dara would always prepare fresh drink for him. Little things they do without them being aware of it but may cause others to think as sweet gestures.

"Are you going somewhere?" Jiyong asked after taking their breakfast.

"Yup... I'm making your future brighter." Dara winked.

"I want to reiterate to you that I didn't force you to do that. It was you who offered it." Jiyong with his always serious facade.

"I know... and I'm not regretting it." Dara smiled.

Jiyong grabbed his keys and was about to go out when Dara stopped him.

"Why are you bringing your motorcycle keys with you?"

"I'm driving it. Why?"

"No, no, no little boy. Your legs have just recovered... No, erase, erase... Your legs are just recovering from the accident and your motorcycle was just sent back by the man who caused you that."

"First, do not call me little boy... Second, I can drive my motorcycle because my legs are as good as new... I'll get going." Jiyong ruffled Dara's hair.

Dara sighed. "Stubborn." She whispered.

***********

What's with the long face Dara?" Chaerin noticed.

Dara stomped her feet while seated on a bench near Jiyong's house. They were waiting for the boys to arrive.

"Jiyong left, driving his motorcycle to work."

"What's wrong with that?" Bom asked.

"His legs are not fully recovered yet. What if he encounters another accident?"

"Why didn't you stop him?" Minzy asked.

"It's Jiyong we're talking about here. He won't listen. I tried to stop him and he just scolded me."

"He probably feels he's okay now. It's his own body so he's the best person to judge whether he's okay or not." Chaerin commented.

"You're probably right. I'm just worrying too much." Dara said and slumped her shoulders.

A few minutes passed and Dara heard her phone ringing. She answered it.

"They said they're almost here." Dara told the girls.

"Really? Oh my! What should we tell them? How should I greet them?" Minzy said, panicking.

Chaerin chuckled. "Calm down Minzy. They're friends. We're not meeting them as performers."

"Just act normal." Bom suggested.

"You'll be fine." Dara smiled and tapped Minzy's shoulder.

A car stopped near where the girls were seated. The window went down revealing Seungri with a big smile.

"Noona, get in the car before somebody sees us." He called.

The door of the van opened and the four girls hopped in.

"Sorry if we met this way. We're not allowed to be seen by the crowd since it may cause commotion. We don't want you girls to be in that chaos." Youngbae said.

"It's alright. We wanna thank you actually. Dara here told us you'll be helping out." Chaerin replied.

"Don't mention it... I'm Youngbae by the way. This guy's TOP. The guy on the steering wheel is Daesung and beside him is Seungri."

"My name's Chaerin. This is Bom and your new f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter