Chapter 7

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I thought you won't be back anymore." Jiyong said while he was seated on a wheelchair, being pushed by Dara. They were heading to the hospital's outdoor garden.

"I gave you a promise that I'll help you... I keep my promises."

They stop near a vacant bench and Dara assisted Jiyong in standing to move from his wheelchair to the bench, then she sat beside him.

"Ready for your therapy later?" Dara asked.

Jiyong patted his casted leg before he answered. "If you are to ask me, I would just rather go home and rest there... I don't want to see a lot of people."

"I know." Dara held Jiyong's hand that's on his lap. "But these people will help you recover fast.

Jiyong slowly pulled his hand away from Dara's.

"Keeping yourself away from people will make you more lonely. When you have a friend, you'll have someone to tell your worries. Someone who can listen and give you advice." Dara said.

"Keeping myself away from people will give me lesser chance to be left behind again." Jiyong looked serious.

"People come and go Jiyong. You should learn to accept that. What's important is the memory you've created and shared with them."

"What's to remember when you grew up with parents who only think of themselves? Dara, I was left alone when I was just 15. I took care of myself and grew up without parents' guidance." Jiyong's hand turned to fist on his lap.

"And that's why you don't give other people the chance to help you recover from that painful past?"

"You're not in my shoes Dara. You won't be able to understand."

Dara moved to squat in front of Jiyong to look at him face to face. She was smiling genuinely.

"I understand... and that's why I want to help you. I won't be here if I don't understand what you're going through Jiyong. I'll be a friend to you. I will do my best to bring that smile back to your life again... You accept me as a friend, right?"

"Do as you please. Just make sure to bring Tiffany back to me."

Dara nodded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter