Chapter 56

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You sure about this, Human?" The Healer asked after Jiyong closed his eyes.

"I won't turn back... please do what you need to do." Jiyong replied and turned his hands into fist, getting ready for the possible pain he might feel.

The old lady placed her hand over Jiyong's chest and started saying her ritual chant. It was said in a whisper that no one can hear it clearly except for herself.

Slowly, Jiyong's chest glowed. It blinked, and off until the light became steady. It was a weak light at first then after a few more chants, it became a brighter, glowing light.

Jiyong felt weaker as the Healer continuously utter words that he couldn't understand. His breathing became heavy and ragged. It's as if he's gasping for air every second that's passing.

He's chest tightened as if someone's squeezing it, then it became more painful like someone's pricking his heart with thousands of needles.

Painful as it was, he indured it, thinking of the image of Dara with so much life and energy.

***********

It was just white everywhere. It's so bright she needed to squint her eyes to see what's ahead.

She has no idea how long she's been in that place. She kept on walking to search for a way out but she can't find any.

She would hear distorted voices, as if talking to her but she couldn't understand what they were saying. She would sometimes scream, trying to answer the voices she's hearing but nobody seemed to hear her.

"I just wanna go back. I still need to find ways for me to see Jiyong again." Dara slumped herself on the floor.

She started to cry.

"Help... Somebody please let me out of here." She said between sobs.

She was losing hope.

"Hang in there Dara... You can't act weak now. Be strong." She cheered herself and wiped her tears.

She waited for voices again.

She waited and waited.

She would sometimes go for a walk but it's like she's walking on a never ending path. She didn't even have any idea if she has already been to the same place since everything looks the same.

Just white bright light everywhere.

Then she heard it.

"Da...ra..." Someone called her in a broken sound.

"Pr...sss... co...mm.. ckkk.. toooo... ssss..." It sounded like a broken radio with a lot of static.

"Jiyong???.... Is that you, Jiyong?" She immediately recognized the voice when she heard him call her name.

"I'm here Jiyong... I'm here.... Can you hear me?" Dara looked around but nothing has changed as to where she was.

"I miss you so much Jiyong... I miss you." She wasn't able to stop her self, tears rolled down her cheeks.

She felt helpless.

"I'm just here Jiyong... Talk to me." She knelt down. "I'm here... Please!! Anyone... My Jiyong's calling me... Show me the way... I beg you."

"We....kkk...pp... na....www..."

"I can't understand...but I know it's my Jiyong." She stood up and started running around.

Like a crazy woman who's no longer in her right mind, she ran and ran until she got exhausted.

She didn't realize she has laid herself on the floor and fell asleep.

A drop of liquid on her cheek woke her up.

She wiped it and looked above but there was nothing but vastness.

In a clear voice, she heard the words, "I love you."

"Jiyong... that's really you. It's really you." She stood up and moved her head around, searching for something that may have changed in her surroundings.

She noticed a black dot on her left and she immediately followed it.

The dot became bigger and bigger.

She walked farther. She didn't care if she was tired and if she has already walked for what seemed like forever. She didn't care at all.

All she cared about was to reach that place where the dot image was leading her.

Then a black hole appeared on front of her. It's as if a portal leading somewhere.

Where it's leading her? She didn't know.

But nevertheless, she entered the hole then she started to lose her consciousness.

***********

"Jiyong... Jiyong..." Dara started to talk while her eyes were tightly closed.

Everyone in the room looked at Dara's bed and immediately walked towards her to see if what they heard was not just caused by their imagination.

Slowly, Dara's eyes opened.

"Oh my!!! Sean... our daughter's back. She's back." Hye-young hugged her husband and quickly sat on Dara's bedside and caressed her daughter's cheek.

"Mother... what happened?" Dara asked in a low, weak voice.

"It's a long story sweetheart... We have a lot of time to tell you that... but for now..." Hye-young stopped was she was about to say and glanced at where Jiyong was lying.

Dara turned her head to where her mother was looking and her tears started to well on her eyes when she saw Jiyong lying on the bed while an old lady's hand was over his chest.

Weakly, she tried to sat up. With the help of her mother, she was able to do so.

"Ji-yong?" She uttered. Her voice trembling.

With shaky legs, she dangled it at the side of the bed and attempted to stand up.

She almost fell but her father was quick to catch her.

"You're still weak." Sean said.

"Father, I want to see him." She gave her father a pleading look.

Sean assisted her in walking towards Jiyong's bed.

Dara looked at Jiyong upon reaching the bed.

He looked pale.

She looked at the orb that's floating on top of his chest, parallel to his heart.

She gave Chaerin a questioning look.

"We had to take away the portion of your heart that you've given him from him so we can give it back to you... We thought it's the reason why you can't go back." Chaerin said.

"Sweetheart... he insisted on doing it... He said we might be losing time and we may not be able to have you back if we waited any longer." Hye-young explained.

Dara looked at Jiyong and touched his cheek. A tear rolled down her cheek. "Is he okay?"

"Taking away what you've given him entails...." The Healer didn't finish her sente

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter