Chapter 38

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong parked the car at the nearest bus stop and gently tapped Dara's shoulder to wake her up.

"Dara... wake up." He said in a gentle voice.

She crunched her nose and furrowed her eyebrows before opening her eyes.

"Hmm?"

"Sorry to wake you up sleepy head." Jiyong touched the tip of Dara's nose. "Tiffany called."

Dara was alerted upon hearing Tiffany's name and she immediately sat up straight while rubbing her eyes.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I need to go to Tiff's office... She's not in a good mood today."

"Why?"

"She said a friend of hers told her I was seen with another woman. And that woman's you... She thinks I'm cheating."

"Whaaat?!! What did you tell her?"

"I told her you're my cousin and that I won't cheat on her."

"Aahh... Sorry Jiyong. We should have just cancelled the plan. I'm really sorry."

"You shouldn't be sorry. It's not your fault... I need to ask you a big favor though." He stopped and looked at Dara in the eyes. "I won't be able to reach Tiff's office on time if I go straight home." He can't say it straight to her.

Dara smiled. "Go ahead and go to Tiffany now... I'll just ride a bus."

"Take a cab, at least... Sorry Dara."

"Why say sorry?... I'll ride a bus and take a walk before going home." She grinned. "I'll bring my bear friends with me... She might see this and misunderstand."

"You sure you're okay going home alone?"

Dara nodded. "Bring her flowers... Be sweet and don't argue with her, okay?"

"Okay... Thanks again." She squeezed Dara's arm.

She stuck her tongue out. "I'll go now. You don't want to upset her even more... Bye." She got down from the car.

Before she closed the door, Jiyong told her to take care which she answered with a nod.

***********

Jiyong waited outside Tiffany's office, his back leaning on his car while holding a bouquet of flowers.

He saw Tiffany went out of the building who frowned upon seeing her.

He walked towards her and gave her the flowers. He was about to give her a peck on her lips but she turned her head to the left to avoid it.

"Why didn't you tell me you'll be going out today?" She said stingily.

"It was a surprise visit from my cousin... I wasn't aware she'll come." He lied.

"Why didn't you tell me about her?"

"I thought it wasn't necessary." He explained.

They remained standing a few meters away from the entrance of Tiffany's work place.

"Let's talk this over dinner... I'll bring you to your favorite restaurant."

Tiffany glared at her.

"Please." He acted cute.

She walked past him and went towards the car.

Jiyong jogged towards the same direction to open the door for her. He smiled secretly, feeling triumphant.

***********

"Is this the cousin you're saying you were with this morning?" Tiffany asked, showing a picture of him and Dara on her phone.

"Yes... she's from the province." He confirmed.

"She doesn't look like you." She squinted her eyes.

"A lot of people say that."

"I want to meet her."

"I'm not sure if she's still here. She said she doesn't have plans of staying."

"Then find ways for her to stay to meet me." She demanded.

'I don't know Tiffany has this side in her... She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter