Chapter 21

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi boss. You've requested to speak to me?" Jiyong entered the room and sat on the couch across where Mr. Yang was seated.

"How are you?" Mr. Yang asked.

"Doing great." Jiyong answered.

"It shows." Mr. Yang smiled. "Anything in particular that's making you feel that way."

Jiyong chuckled and shrugged at the same time. "Got my inspiration, I guess."

Mr. Yang played with his pen while he studied Jiyong's action. "I'm glad to see you like this Jiyong."

"Nah... nothing's changed boss."

"Well, that's not what I'm seeing." He snickered. "Anyway... I asked you to come coz I wanted to invite you to our annual party for our employees. I know what your answer would be but I really wanted to let you know how fun it would be and that it will be filled with different activities. It would be nice if you'd say yes this time. Have fun with the boys, our employees and other trainees... Your Tablo hyung will be coming too."

"I'll join."

As if Mr. Yang didn't hear what Jiyong said, he continued. "You're missing the fun all these time... you need to join for a change." He persuaded.

"Boss, I said I'll join." Jiyong repeated himself.

"I'm sorry?... What did you say?" Mr. Yang was really surprised with Jiyong's answer. "Did I hear it right?"

Jiyong nodded.

"Right decision Jiyong. Right decision." Mr. Yang said happily.

"Can I bring a friend with me?"

"Sure... Let your cousin join, too."

"Dara might not want to come." Jiyong said. "She's been busy lately."

"Just try to ask her. She'll enjoy it, for sure."

"Okay. I'll talk to her... Will you be coming, too?"

"I will... We'll all have fun and forget our stress for a day. It will be a lovely day. You won't regret it."

"Let's see." Jiyong smiled.

"Okay. I won't take too much of your time anymore. Schedule of the Annual Party will be posted on our bulletin board so you can check it from there."

"Thanks boss."

"No... Thank YOU."

Jiyong smiled.

"Alright, you may go now. I know you're busy with the boys' recording."

Jiyong stood up and bowed in front of Mr. Yang before leaving the room.

***********

Phone ringing.

...Jiyong...

"Hello." Dara answered her phone.

"Hey Dara, where are you?" Jiyong asked.

"Outside... Why?"

"Will you be coming home early?"

"Maybe... It depends."

"On what?"

"On whether I'll be able to finish my activity for today."

"You've been busy lately." Jiyong sounded worried.

"HEHEHE..." Dara laughed. "Not really. I just have things to do here and there."

"I'll wait for you at home. I'll be home after I bring Tiffany home safely."

"Alright. See you later."

"Take care... Eat your lunch."

"I should be the one telling you that... Don't be too engrossed with work."

"As you say, my personal doctor."

"Good." She chuckled. "Got to go... See you at home."

"Bye."

***********

Dara heard Jiyong's motorcycle outside the house. She knew Jiyong would think she's still not home so she decided to pull a prank on him. She hid at one of the huge cabinets below the sink in the kitchen because she knows that the first thing he does every time he comes home is to get water from the refrigerator.

Not too long after she hid herself, she heard footsteps nearing the kitchen. She slightly opened the cabinet door to check on what Jiyong was doing.

She covered to stop herself from laughing loudly.

Jiyong pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter