Chapter 35

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Uncle, don't you want to go back to your hotel yet so you can rest?" Jaejoong asked while they were in the car.

They were parked a few meters away from Jiyong's house.

"Few more minutes Jae. I just want to see my son from this distance."

"But we're not sure what time he's gonna come home... We've been here for more than an hour... You still have not rested after the long flight."

"I'm fine... Don't worry about me."

Jaejoong didn't answer. He just looked outside the window.

After another hour of waiting, a car stopped in front of Jiyong's house and someone stepped out from it.

"That's him Jae... That's my son." Mr. Kwon said in an excited tone.

Mr. Kwon saw his son stopped to talk to someone over the phone. After a few minutes, he saw Jiyong dialed a code on a keypad near the gate to open it then went back to his car to drive it in.

"Dara's right... He really looks like me. Last time I saw him was when he's 15... A lot has changed in that 10 years since we left him. How I wish I could turn back time." Mr. Kwon sounded regretful.

"I'm okay now... Let's go back to the hotel. I bet you're also tired." He told Jaejoong.

"I'm more worried about you. You immediately flew here after your hectic schedule in the US... You haven't gotten enough sleep for weeks." Jaejoong said while he started the engine and drove off.

"I have been energized by the sight of my son... I'm fine Jae." Mr. Kwon chuckled.

"You always say you're okay eventhough you're not." Jaejoong said.

"This is why I'm telling you to look for a girlfriend... Look how grumpy you are." Mr. Kwon joked.

Jaejoong smiled at Mr. Kwon's statement. "I think girls are scared of me... I keep searching but I can't find the right girl."

"It's not that they're scared of you. It's because you're being picky."

"Really?"

Mr. Kwon nodded.

"But it's just right to set standards, right?"

"Right... But not to the extent of declining every woman that's showing interest on you."

Jaejoong shrugged. "I just haven't found the right girl yet."

"You're not getting any younger son."

"I'm not that old yet, either."

The old man laughed at what he said.

***********

"Has Anna arrived already?" Mr. Kwon asked while they were eating their breakfast.

"Yes. They have arrived last night and she's set to give her speech this afternoon." Jaejoong answered.

"Have you already done what I've asked you to do?"

"Yes Uncle... A dinner with your wife has been set tonight... of course, without her knowledge. The Minister's not that difficult to persuade in cooperating with the plan." Jaejoong said proudly.

"That's why I like asking you to do these tasks 'coz I know I won't be disappointed." Mr. Kwon tapped Jaejoong's shoulder.

"I always do my best for me not to disappoint you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter