Chapter 54

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dara?... It's really you." Jiyong said, slowly walking towards her bed. His knees were weak, causing him to kneel down upon reaching her bedside.

"We'll try to figure out how you can be of help, Jiyong. We've already called the healer... For now, we've prepared a room for you." Sean said while his wife was beside him.

He held her hand and squeezed it. "I'm here, Dara. Can you hear me?" He moved her hand towards his lips to kiss it while his tears started to trickle down his cheeks.

Dara's mother was about to stop Jiyong from further touching their daughter but her husband was quick to hold her by her arm.

He shook his head then whispered, "Let him."

"We're not sure what more danger this human can bring to our daughter." She whispered back.

"We already agreed about this, right?"

Hye-young sighed.

"This may work, my wife. He might be the answer."

"He's already near our daughter but nothing has changed."

"The effect might not be that fast. We have to wait for the Healer."

"What's taking them so long to fetch the Healer."

"Calm down."

She faced her husband. "I can't calm down." More than anger, worry was visible in her reaction.

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation. Chaerin, Minzy and Bom entered the room together with the Healer.

"They're here." Sean reacted.

Jiyong faced them while wiping his tears. He stood up and bowed his head to the person who was with Chaerin and the other girls.

The Healer stared at him, amused. "The Human." She spoke.

"We brought him here to see if he can help." Hye-young told her.

Without a word, the Healer stepped towards Jiyong and touched his chest. "I can feel her energy in here." She said, as if talking to herself.

"Would this mean we have the chance to bring her back?" Sean asked.

"Please." Jiyong held the old lady's hand that's on his chest. "If this is what you need to bring Dara back, take it. Take it now, please." He pleaded with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"It's not that easy, Human." The Healer told him.

"Bring her back. I'll do anything. I promise, I'll do anything to bring her back. I know I'm prohibited to be in this world. I promise to leave as soon as she comes back."

Healer Hae-sook looked down and slowly pulled her hand from Jiyong's grip.

"What's wrong, Healer?" Chaerin asked.

"Dara has willingly gave that piece to this Human. Taking it away from him may..." She stopped mid-sentence.

"Tell us, Healer." Hye-young sounded impatient.

"It may entail the Huma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter