Chapter 8

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I need to go to the studio to talk to my boss." Jiyong said, getting ready to leave the house.

It's been two days since they got home with Doctor's approval. Jiyong's still having a hard time walking without his crutch but his leg is now getting better.

"Okay." Dara also started to fix herself.

"What are you doing?" Jiyong asked  upon seeing what Dara was doing.

"Fixing myself. I need to be presentable when I face your boss and your co-workers." Dara smiled.

"And who told you you'll be going with me?" Jiyong asked.

Dara automatically clung on Jiyong's arm and showed him her puppy eyes. "I don't want to stay here alone. Please, let me go with you."

"I have never brought a woman in the office... not even Tiffany. You have to stay here." Jiyong said.

"You can tell them I'm your relative and that you're helping me familiarize myself around the city." She shook his arm. "Please, please, please." She begged.

"Okay, okay." Jiyong surrendered, scratching his head with his free hand.

"Yes! Yeepee! Yeepee!" She said and jumped with so much joy. She held Jiyong's wrist and pulled him towards the door. "Let's go now. You might be late for your appointment." She said.

"You're forgetting something." Jiyong reminded.

Dara stopped and tried to think of what she forgot. "I didn't forget anything."

Jiyong walked behind her, placed his palm on her back and slightly pushed her to walk back to the room. He grabbed Dara's jacket and carefully hang it on her back.

"Are you planning to show people those wings sticking on your back?" Jiyong asked with his usual poker face.

Dara was wearing a spaghetti strap top that shows a portion of her wings.

"Wah!" Dara panicked. "Of all things, why did I forget this?... Sorry Jiyong. I'm sorry. I'll be extra careful next time." She said while wearing her jacket on. "Thank you." She told him.

They were already walking towards the door to leave when Dara stopped again.

"Wait." She said then faced Jiyong.

"What now?"

"Can I borrow your bag?"

"Why?" Jiyong asked.

"I need to check on something."

Jiyong sighed before handing the backpack to Dara.

Dara grinned, stepped back and wore Jiyong's bag. "Better... Let's go."

"Let me bring my bag Dara."

Dara shook her head. "Let me bring it. It will lessen the weight that your leg is carrying... No more argument."

"Aish!!"

"Oops... Remember, manage your temper." Dara reminded.

Jiyong closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Let's go before you think of something again." He said and walked past Dara to go outside the house.

Dara snickered behind him.

**********

"Hey hyung, what happened to you?" A man wearing a dress shirt, pants and sneakers said.

"It's nothing." He answered nonchalantly.

"What do you mean it's nothing? Why do you need to be in a crutch if it's nothing? Did you get into a fight? Was it because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter