Chapter 47

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last week in the human world

"How's the boys' album launch doing?" Dara asked while her head is rested on Jiyong's shoulder.

They were on a train trip to Busan.

"The crowd loves them. It's a given." Jiyong smiled. "Their songs are now topping various music charts."

"That's great... As expected."

"With the boys' charms, no wonder." He chuckled.

"BigBang's fans are starting to love you, too. Remember the Press Conference? The girls were screaming so loud... They even chanted your name."

"Jealous?"

"No... Proud... that's the right word. I was standing there wanting to tell them 'that's my man!'" She giggled.

Jiyong laughed and kissed Dara's hair.

"Why didn't your Mom and Dad go with us on this trip?"

"They said this should be our alone time." He held her hand.

"Your hand's warm." She smiled.

"Are you hungry?"

She shook her head.

"The scene outside looks different from what we see in Seoul. It looks more serene."

"How does your world look like?" Jiyong asked in a low voice so only Dara can hear him.

"Almost the same as your world. We just don't have high buildings with colorful lights... I, for one, live up there." She pointed her index finger up. "We are surrounded with clouds... Minzy's world is under water while Bom lives in trees together with gnomes and other earthly beings. Chaerin's house is built with rocks. It looks cool." Dara whispered enthusiastically.

"Sounds interesting."

"Our world's nice... and yours, too. There's no competition." She grinned.

"But you don't have traffic, pollution or war in your world, right?"

"We've experienced worse before we have achieved the peace we're experiencing now... It was told that a human who fell in love with one of our kind destroyed what we have causing our kind and yours to become enemies... but there came a point where our worlds reached to an agreement not to have anything to do with each other anymore... It happened thousands of years ago, they say... Elemental Beings who chose to stay in your world were never given the chance to go back to our world. And they were voided with their abilities... They lived as humans since then."

"So it's still possible that there are people around us who partly are like you?"

Dara nodded. "Less the powers... I believe."

"That's why your mother's very strict with her rule of not passing through the portal?"

"She has to... My mother and father are both keepers of our world. They're the highest authority. And I will have that same responsibility in the future... I won't be able to decline it when it comes because I'm the only child."

"Well, you can always change rules or alter them, right?"

Dara chuckled. "If only it's that easy, Jiyongie. They all believe that not having anyone pass through the portal caused the continuous peace in our world. Our kind won't be persuaded with having the change."

"But you were able to pass through. Even Bom, Chae and Minzy were able to do that."

"Because we were given permission, with time limitation... It's my stubbornness that brought me here... I can pass through because I'm the highest authority's daughter... But nevertheless, I shouldn't defy the rules any further. It may brought harm to my kind and destroy the balance we were made to keep."

"Too complic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter