Chapter 24

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THIRD MONTH IN THE HUMAN WORLD

"Dara, where do you want to go?" Nichkhun asked while driving.

"You decide." Dara answered.

"Wanna go to the amusement park?"

Dara's eyes sparkled. "The place with rides and games?" She asked.

Nichkhun nodded.

"That would be fun."

"To the amusement park then."

"Are they selling chocolate ice cream there?" She asked.

"Yes. There are actually different flavors to choose from."

Dara clapped her hands in excitement.

"You never fail to amaze me, Dara. It seems to me that there are a lot of things you haven't experienced yet. You get curious with small things and become excited with simple experiences." Nichkhun smiled, still focused on the road.

"Life shouldn't be about extravagant things, Nichkhun. It's about valuing what you already have. Happiness can be caused by simple things. Sometimes, a person whom we see as someone who has everything may be the one who's less happy. It depends on this," she pointed her temple, "and this." Then touched her chest where the heart lies. "Contentment is the key and curiosity gives s little touch of excitement to it."

"Wow. That's deep." Nichkhun commented.

Dara scrunched her nose then smiled.

"Dara.."

"Hmm?"

"You know I left someone I have been dating after I met you, right?"

Dara nodded.

"I think I'm beginning to like you, Dara." Nichkhun looked at her but Dara looked away.

She stared outside the window, feeling guilty.

"I'm not expecting you to like me back this soon." Nichkhun continued.

Dara looked at Nichkhun and gave her a sad smile. "I'm not the right girl for you Nichkhun." She said.

"So that's a no already?" Nichkhun looked hurt.

"No, no, no. Don't get me wrong Nichkhun. You're a good man and a lot of girls would love to have you as a partner... Girls you deserve... with the same status as you."

"Don't I have the right to choose who I want?"

"Of course you have... But sometimes, although it's what you want, there are circumstances that will hinder you from having it."

Nichkhun sighed. "Let's forget that I told you I like you. Let's not ruin what we have." He forced a smile.

"Sorry Nichkhun." She held his hand that's on his lap.

"Don't be sorry. Let's just not talk about it. Change topic... Just happy thoughts."

Dara squeezed Nichkhun's h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter