Chapter 49

Mended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who was that you were talking with over the phone?" Jiyong asked while drying her head with a towel.

It was their 3rd day in Busan and they're heading back home in the morning.

Dara didn't answer and just sat on the side of the bed.

"You okay?" Jiyong sounded worried. He touched her forehead to check if she's sick.

He knelt in front of her and gently shook her arm.

"Dara, are you okay?" He asked again.

"Huh?... Yes, I'm fine." She answered.

"Who were you talking to?"

"It's Chaerin. She just wanted to check if we're heading home tomorrow." She forced a smile.

"Okay... Go ahead and wash up before going to bed." Jiyong stood up and ruffled her hair.

Dara got inside the bathroom, took her clothes off and let the water from the shower wash her body.

She stared at nothing. What Chaerin told her over the phone bothered her.

'Why does he need to come into this world? I promised mother and father I will be coming home after five full moons... Don't they trust me?' She thought to herself.

She shook her head and gave herself a little slap.

"Wake up Dara... You can talk to him once you're back in Seoul... and there's nothing to worry about." She whispered.

***********

"Jiyong, I have to go somewhere today. I need to meet with the girls." Dara told Jiyong.

They were back in Seoul and they just reached the house.

"Okay... I'll be with mom today. She said she wanted to check on the house they're planning to buy near here."

"Sorry I can't come with you."

"That's fine... You're meeting with the girls seems very important. Your mind is wandering since you've talked to Chaerin last night."

"You've noticed?" She scratched her nape.

Jiyong nodded. "Wanna talk about it?"

"I'll tell you once I get back... I'm also not sure of what the problem is yet."

"Want me to drive you there?"

"Nope... I'll just take cab."

"Take care, okay?... Text or call me once you get there."

"Okay... I'll get changed and go after." She replied.

After changing her clothes, she went back to Jiyong's room, peeped at the door and told him she's leaving.

"Don't forget to call or text me." He reminded.

"I won't... I love you." She said.

"I love you, too."

"Bye bye." She closed the door and left.

***********

"Where is he, Chae?" She immediately asked after seeing Chaerin outside the Fairy stop.

"He's inside... He insisted on seeing you immediately after arriving... He said it's an order from your mother." Chaerin replied.

Dara got inside and searched for the FAIRY they were just talking about. She saw him talking to Minzy and Bom in the receiving area.

He stood up and smiled widely after seeing Dara.

"It's been a long time since we last saw each other." He said.

"Why are you here, Donghae?"

"Your mother asked me to make sure you'll go back as you've promised."

"I will... I still have 3 days more... You can go back and tell them I'll do what I have promised."

"I can't... It's your mother's command not to leave you until you pass through the portal, back to our world."

"You can't be here." She stressed out.

"Why not?... I am your protector. I vowed to guard you with my life."

"To which I never accepted... You know I don't need anyone to protect me."

"But still, I was instructed to do so... I follow orders from your mother." He shrugged.

Dara didn't answer.

"Your mother told me you pleaded to go over to this world because of a man... You know for a...."

"Stop... This matter is beyond what you are asked to do." She didn't let him finish.

"Being in this wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter